Does anybody on here actually think that current Axl, DJ, Bumble and co. can make a better album than current Axl and real GNR could?

Randy Lahey

Better ? no just as good ? yes

I honestly feel sorry for the guys it really must suck wanting to do something so bad and hanging around for that moment which may never come. I don't think I could ever do that...just wasting away my life waiting for something that might not actually happen.

This is basically like asking, "Hey, if I threw some darts into a crowd of random professional musicians, could the guys I hit with darts make a better album with fat, old Axl than could the guys who brought us AFD, Lies and the UYIs?"

I don't really look at it in such a way. I don't compare it like that, but if I did I would say fuck no. Just because Chinese is not as good as AFD or UYI, doesn't make me love it less, so if they can make a rocking album that I'll enjoy, I would be satisfied.

I will still always prefer any Bucket/Robin/Brain material over a current line up album, but I think Bumble and Richard can create something cool with Axl. I'll take anything really. Beggers can't be choosers.

I honestly feel sorry for the guys it really must suck wanting to do something so bad and hanging around for that moment which may never come. I don't think I could ever do that...just wasting away my life waiting for something that might not actually happen.

like a new album by this band?

like a new album by this band?

Well yes that was what I was talking about in the post.

This is basically like asking, "Hey, if I threw some darts into a crowd of random professional musicians, could the guys I hit with darts make a better album with fat, old Axl than could the guys who brought us AFD, Lies and the UYIs?"

This

Define "good"? More technically complex? More successful? More of an impact? Or just better songs?

In order the answers to that would be "yes", "maybe", "hell no" and "that's a matter of opinion". All the guys in GnR now probably have some talent. Although I'm still wondering what DJ's is. But GnR in the late 80's and early 90's was so big and so successful and made such an impact. Those things aren't about making a good album. It's about striking the right key with the right crowd in the right society at the right time. Expecting anything like that is like expecting lightning to strike the exact same place twice. They might make a great album. But it'd be a miracle if they'd reach the same level of success and importance culturally. So yeah, eliminating all the other points we're left with whether or not you feel the songs are good. Which is a matter of opinion.

With things like this it's important to remember which factors of success a band can influence, and which they can't.

Edited by username

Definitely.

And real GNR? lol

Curious: why "definitely"? Are you basing your conclusion on how well BBF and DJ etc can mimic what Buckethead, Robin, Slash, Izzy, and Duff created?

I'm judging based on their professionalism and pure talent.

Definitely.

And real GNR? lol

Curious: why "definitely"? Are you basing your conclusion on how well BBF and DJ etc can mimic what Buckethead, Robin, Slash, Izzy, and Duff created?

So professionalism is 50% of what it takes to create incredible music? Like, as long as you show up to the studio on time, you WILL create incredible music?

And pure talent? Like what? Like BBF's "Piranha"? Or DJ's skull and crossbones Les Paul?

I don't understand your criteria at all. All it takes is professionalism and a completely unproven talent?

Definitely.

And real GNR? lol

So professionalism is 50% of what it takes to create incredible music? Like, as long as you show up to the studio on time, you WILL create incredible music?

And pure talent? Like what? Like BBF's "Piranha"? Or DJ's skull and crossbones Les Paul?

I don't understand your criteria at all. All it takes is professionalism and a completely unproven talent?

A guy like Fortus is a world class studio musician.

Sorry your hero is nowhere near his league.

Does anybody on here actually think that current Axl, DJ, Bumble and co. can make a better album than current Axl and real GNR could? Just curious.

I dunno. Slash is a media clown that can still admittedly play, but creatively I think he is completely done. Duff doesn't feel like a musician guy anymore, more like a columnist+cool hasbeen type. Izzy I don't even know what he is like now.

Given the right circumstances I think the current gnr guys could definately produce ace material. for a backing band with creative input, yeah I think i'd take the current guys. they're more musicians than the old troupe.

Slash puts out music every other year

Duff just started anew band and is currently touring with them

Izzy's put out a dozen solo albums since his departure

Not sure what "right circumstances" you are referring to w fakegnr - theykve been around for over a dozen years and put out one mediocre album.

Not sure your analysis quite fits what the facts are buddy

Does anybody on here actually think that current Axl, DJ, Bumble and co. can make a better album than current Axl and real GNR could? Just curious.

I dunno. Slash is a media clown that can still admittedly play, but creatively I think he is completely done. Duff doesn't feel like a musician guy anymore, more like a columnist+cool hasbeen type. Izzy I don't even know what he is like now.

Given the right circumstances I think the current gnr guys could definately produce ace material. for a backing band with creative input, yeah I think i'd take the current guys. they're more musicians than the old troupe.

You don't like the intro of Starlight? Anastasia? Ghost?

The current guys are over 40 years old and never created great music in their lives, why do you think they could now?

Well... the 1998-2002 line-up made my favorite album of all time and they had no chemistry whatsoever so... Yeah... I believe this line-up could make an awesome, awesome album with they put their minds into it. At least better than what Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven have been putting out lately.

It's all about taste but for to me it's clear that the old guys together would create something better than the current guys...

If I were to bet, yes. If the old guys reunited, and by some miracle it worked, yeah they could. I just don't think it's possible. But individually speaking, I believe this line-up would make better music than what each member of classic GnR has been making on their own.