Axl's aging

AppetiteForGnR

So now you guys are gonna start lying about how tall Axl is?

I know wiki has him a 1.75, but he's got to be taller. Not saying he isn't obese or overweight but he isn't a midget.

Dj ashba, who is small is listed as 1.75. That's about right for him.

Edited by Axl_morris

I'll concede, he's listed as 5'10 on his mugshot. (178 cm)

celebrity-mugshots-02.jpg

Still aiming for a weight in the low 90's (Kg) though, and that's presuming that this was accurate, and that he hasn't shrunk measurably in the last 21 years...

Edited by 77Jesters

I think that after doing martial art and a lot of training from 1999 to at least 2007, axl has just (for the moment) decided that it was enough. he wants to enjoy food and beer and don't care for once in his life.

duff was the one who was doing martial arts not axl and minus his face he looks pretty good.

Honestly, I don't mind Axl getting old. I don't even mind him getting a little fatter tbh. As long as he adjusts his stage show accordingly. If you want to run around, stay in shape. If you want to let yourself go a little, that's fine too but make sure you don't have to catch your breath halfway through a song. Hell, I've seen BB Kind sit in a chair for 2 hours and the show was still amazing. Granted, he was 80 at the time. But you get the point.

What does bother me though, is his voice. Axl CAN still sing great. He's occasionally proved that on stage. That means he might have to cut down touring and stay in shape just a little more. But it also means he CAN still make great records. He can still sing he can still kick ass in a studio. So PLEASE do that before it also goes away. :(

If Kurt Cobain were around today, all bulked up on steroids with a nutritionist and decked out in tattoos, wouldnt it be kinda weird hearing him perform Nirvana songs?

Daltrey is in good shape but doesnt sound very good. Mick never sounded good. Hetfield hasnt sounded good since '91. All three are in good shape.

I'll take my Axl looking like an Indiana guy than looking like a f, as long as he sounds like '10, or '01-'02, or '06.

Depravity goes well with rock n roll. In '91 Axl was in excellent shape but the band had enough to compensate for it.

I assume all the people obsessed with Axl's weight/appearance are pretty good looking themselves right?

:takethat:

If Axl could look and sound like that show in late 09... Is it Osaka? Which show is pretty fucking epic? He would be set. I'm not going to bust his balls, but being in shape let's him kick in the rasp and sound great. I think doing the rasp takes a lot of breath and kicks his ass. Therefore, being in shape really does benefit GNR.

Edited by Ak1nney

The reason magazines & reporters say Axl looks bad is because he was so attractive in his younger days & now he's ugly in their opinion.

It's the blow back good looking people have to deal with as they age. If Axl was always a regular looking guy his whole life, no one would care how he looks today but the fact that he was so cute/hot whatever, when he was younger is a big deal to the masses.

They compare photos of him from yesteryear to today & what they see shocks them, my guy friend said he would definitely have fucked Axl when Axl was young because he thought Axl was extremely sexy back then.

Axl is just one of those guys who should always stay super slim, he's not big boned, he has a slight frame & in some photos his forearms just look tiny & delicate, the weight does not do him any flavors.

Buuuuut if we really loved him & "cared for his well being" we would accept him as he is blah blah blah....

Izzy has aged really well & I think he look's the best out of all of them, imo.

I can tell you seeing Axl up close at the Gov Ball he is in the worse shape I've ever seen him. He's not obese obviously but his def out of shape compared to just a few years ago. Again not terrible but he could use a Trainer and a nutritionist.

Bbf said in a recent interview Axl is a regular guy that likes to hang out and eat burgers. Maybe he should drop the bun

Are you sure?...

Body mass index (BMI)

People are different heights and builds, so just weighing yourself cannot be used to decide if your weight is healthy. BMI is used by healthcare professionals to assess if someone's

weight is putting their health at risk. It is a measure of your weight related to your height.

To calculate your BMI, you divide your weight (in kilograms) by the square of your height (in metres)

So, We have ? / (1.75x1.75)

eg: If his weight is 90kg 90 / 3.06 = BMI of 29.4

and 92kg and over would tip him into the Obese category.

bmi-chart.png

Do you think he'd be under 92Kg? :no:

I would say he is for sure under 77 kg which means he is in that green area “healthy”.

There are only a few kilos of extra weight in that belly and his normal weight is quite low.

He is most likely under 70 kg.

I can tell you seeing Axl up close at the Gov Ball he is in the worse shape I've ever seen him. He's not obese obviously but his def out of shape compared to just a few years ago. Again not terrible but he could use a Trainer and a nutritionist.

Bbf said in a recent interview Axl is a regular guy that likes to hang out and eat burgers. Maybe he should drop the bun

Are you sure?...

Body mass index (BMI)

People are different heights and builds, so just weighing yourself cannot be used to decide if your weight is healthy. BMI is used by healthcare professionals to assess if someone's

weight is putting their health at risk. It is a measure of your weight related to your height.

To calculate your BMI, you divide your weight (in kilograms) by the square of your height (in metres)

bmi-chart.png

I would say he is for sure under 77 kg which means he is in that green area healthy.

There are only a few kilos of extra weight in that belly and his normal weight is quite low.

i agree... in 1991.

no way is he anywhere near the 70's.

Are you sure?...

Body mass index (BMI)

bmi-chart.png

I would say he is for sure under 77 kg which means he is in that green area healthy.

i agree... in 1991.

no way is he anywhere near the 70's.

I have seen him in real live and I am comparing him to men I know who have

the habit of reporting their weight weekly or when there are any changes.

For example, my father is a bit taller and has “heavier” bones, and yet even

when he has this tight belly (bigger than Axl's), his weight is something like 74-76 kg.

It is easy for him to eat less and get rid of it in about a month. His normal weight is

about 70-72 kg. Axl's "no belly weight" is less than that, and his skinny 1985 weight

is very low.

Axl's belly is just and just recognizable, there is no way he could be over 77 kg.

Maybe it's all getting too much, attempting to live up to what's expected, the rod made for one's own back. Maybe he has no idea of (new) direction either, maybe he really can't be bothered with new music, the record industry etc, and touring old music with a bunched of hired hands fulfills his current desire to a certain extent. Maybe the penny has dropped that he really isn't what he used to be, nor does his band match that of the GN'R heyday. For sure he is getting old, making no attempt to hide it, and just might call it a day sooner rather than later.