Is Going Down better than anything on CD?

SunnyDRE

It sounds to me, in a weird way, a lot organically closer to older GN'R, whereas some of Chinese sounded a bit like they were consciously trying to mix in old GN'R? I love ChiDem so that's not me slagging off the record, but this track could comfortably fit in alongside an Illusion track... it's like the Replacements covering 'Dead Flowers' with Axl on backup vocals. It's got that straight-up, straightforward rock n' roll edge that some people felt ChiDem was lacking. I dig it.

This!

I think it's better than most of CD..Although once again, Ron fucks up what could be a GREAT song with a random, god awful guitar solo that doesn't fit the song at all..Same thing with Better and Catcher...It completely ruins the flow for me..I just don't get how anyone could possibly match that solo to that song and think it actually fits..

I think it's better than most of CD..Although once again, Ron fucks up what could be a GREAT song with a random, god awful guitar solo that doesn't fit the song at all..Same thing with Better and Catcher...It completely ruins the flow for me..I just don't get how anyone could possibly match that solo to that song and think it actually fits..

I gotta admit, you're right about the ill-fitting solo and I say that as a big BBF fan (I even liked his solo on Catcher). The guitar solo sounds like it's lifted from an entirely different song and then all that killswitch nonsense at the end... it really distracts from the general mood of the song.

Edited by Towelie

Agreed Towelie..it sounds like something that would go with Shacklers or Scraped..That's my main problem with the "cut and paste era" of this band..Don't get me wrong..I liked CD for the most part, and I like BBF too..but you don't have to shred on every song..