What evidence is there that CD II exists?

ITG

What evidence is there that CD II exists? I keep reading posts that say there is plenty of evidence that CD II exists, but they never elaborate beyond saying that.

The leaks have made me even more pessimistic considering one was just a Ron (or whatever the bassist's name is) song and others were just covers of other songs. Even more so, the actual quality of the music has deleterious effect on any hope that I would like the music to come, if it even existed.

At somepoint they had 35 a listed songs, 13 were done, 13 nearly done. That was in 2006.

Axl said he saw CD as a double, talked about the songs in the chats.

You cant really say its CD II but Ron refered to it as Chi Dem2. thats all there is those CD era songs.

It doesnt exist until its release. Its kind of like when you hear banging and crashing from the neighbours apartment upstairs. Are they fucking or moving furniture?

there are enough new songs recorded to fill a few CD's, from every indication from more than one source.

whether or not Axl can ever get them 'beyond' studio quality for release is anyone's guess.

His relationship with Interscope, whom he describes as "loan sharks" will, imo be the greater hurdle

Compiling a list of all the quotes that prove that there's lots of unreleased material out there would be too big of a job. So here's just some of the quotes that suggest that the unreleased material is at least as good as the songs on Chinese Democracy:

Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Hey Axl , whats your favourite song from either Chinese Democracy, or from an unreleased album?

The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date.

Sebastian Bach: One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"—and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals.

Chris: Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember now!

But to think of a favorite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called 'Beta's Barn'

The question is not whether unreleased material is out there, but whether it exists in a finished state and whether it is intended to be released. "CDII" conveys a follow-up to CD consisting of material from the CD sessions. We have absolutely no evidence that such a compilation of songs exist in a finished state.

While Beta and co remain at the helm of GNR, there is no point in even discussing Chinese Democracy II realistically. Over the past few weeks they have undone any faith anybody might have had in them.

The question is not whether unreleased material is out there, but whether it exists in a finished state and whether it is intended to be released. "CDII" conveys a follow-up to CD consisting of material from the CD sessions. We have absolutely no evidence that such a compilation of songs exist in a finished state.

If CD2 was finished, they'd release it. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that CD2 is finished. Except maybe MSL?

No, it seems like there's lots of demos out there. Stuff that Axl doesn't consider finished at all, although to most people they probably sound like almost finished songs. Similar stuff as all the demos we've heard throughout the years.

If CD2 was finished, they'd release it.

Don't make that assumption. The word "finished" doesn't seem to enter Axl's sphere and, don't expect Interscope to play ball anymore.

If "The General" was finished I doubt the band would have used it as an intro to concerts.

The Beltrami tracks are suspucious. Seven is a quote on Madagascar, Thyme sounds like Twat. He did four, how many does he have on CD.

Beltrami is credited on the album for these tracks for "additional orchestral arrangements":

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Prostitute

Beltrami is credited on the album for this track for "Orchestral arrangement":

This I Love

Before the album was released, Beltrami said in 2003 that he worked on these tracks:

Seven

Thyme

The General

Leave Me Alone

I'm guessing that...

Seven = Madagascar

Thyme = There Was a Time

Leave Me Alone = Prostitute

And that would mean "The General" is still unreleased and he was brought in at some time later than 2003 to work on "This I Love" and "Street of Dreams".

Edited by TheSeeker

The Beltrami tracks are suspucious. Seven is a quote on Madagascar, Thyme sounds like Twat. He did four, how many does he have on CD.

Beltrami is credited on the album for these tracks for "additional orchestral arrangements":

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Prostitute

Beltrami is credited on the album for this track for "Orchestral arrangement":

This I Love

Before the album was released, Beltrami said in 2003 that he worked on these tracks:

Seven

Thyme

The General

Leave Me Alone

I'm guessing that...

Seven = Madagascar

Thyme = There Was a Time

Leave Me Alone = Prostitute

And that would mean "The General" is still unreleased and he was brought in at some time later than 2003 to work on "This I Love" and "Street of Dreams".

Leave Me Alone was confirmed by Axl to be "Soul Monster" that he referred to in chats...you're talking out of your ass...

The notion that he has fifteen completed masters which could technically be released in a month is probably untrue. But at the same time, the notion that he has nothing - or just a bunch of demos - is blatantly untrue. They are simply too many contradictory statements. My own belief is that Axl has about 15-30 songs (not demos) in various states of completion (i.e. in an unmixed state but with most of the tracks, including vocals and guitar solos). I went through Chinese Whispers and this is what I arrived at.

There's nothing suspicious about them. And Seven is not Madagascar and Thyme is not Twat.

Axl confirmed them to be real songs of their own:

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

But didnt he say Leave me alone was Soul Monster?

beltrami said he worked on 4 songs. Yet hes credited with 4 on CD and Leave, Thyme, General, Seven arent on it. Thats fine with me. Thats 4 more epics to come!

Would u say Axl just gave us the tracklisting of CD II with that list?

There's nothing suspicious about them. And Seven is not Madagascar and Thyme is not Twat.

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

He confirmed the song titles are real, but that doesn't mean they didn't end up as something else. He didn't confirm that they are all still unreleased.

He confirmed the song titles are real, but that doesn't mean they didn't end up as something else. He didn't confirm that they are all still unreleased.

Well they didn't end up as Madagascar or Twat, since Chinese Democracy was already released at that point. Obviously he would have mentioned if some of those songs were on CD.

But didnt he say Leave me alone was Soul Monster?

beltrami said he worked on 4 songs. Yet hes credited with 4 on CD and Leave, Thyme, General, Seven arent on it. Thats fine with me. Thats 4 more epics to come!

Would u say Axl just gave us the tracklisting of CD II with that list?

Yes he said Leave me Alone is Soulmonster.

I don't think that was the tracklist of CD2.

I always thought cd2 should be called seven

1.afd

2.lies

3.uyiI

4.uyiII

5.tsi

6.Cd

7. ...

I know alot of people think its self titled ..but I would prefer seven ...especially if the track itself is indeed a big gun

Edited by murph

Well they didn't end up as Madagascar or Twat, since Chinese Democracy was already released at that point. Obviously he would have mentioned if some of those songs were on CD.

Would he?

I also went back and looked at the Marco Beltrami interview from 2003. No where in the interview did Marco say he only worked on 4 songs for GNR. He just mentions 4 song titles in the interview.

So for all we know, he could have orchestrated 20 songs and we only got a few on Chinese Democracy.