Axl's beef with you

Do you think beta feuls Axl's beef with you? The same way you said she has a lot to do with his Slash issues? You once described axls anger and bitterness over past relationships as trying to swim with bowling balls. Is she something like a bowling ball merchant?

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

Do you think beta feuls Axl's beef with you? The same way you said she has a lot to do with his Slash issues? You once described axls anger and bitterness over past relationships as trying to swim with bowling balls. Is she something like a bowling ball merchant?

Maybe? In a n email a few years ago Axl said that Beta told him before that I had changed or some something like that. I think it could have had something to do with Slash coming to my sons Bar mitzvah in nov 2005 or maybe it was in Dec 2006 when I told her that I found a publisher and that my book was finally going to come out in 2007. I don't really know. I think she used to get a little stressed out when Axl would come over to my house or when he would call because she knew that there would always be some talk about Slash. See the problem is I think Beta gets worried that Axl may be in a bad mood afterwords but that was never the case. Axl used to love to vent that stuff. I think if anything it would make him feel better that he got that off his chest. Having someone to talk to that really knows the about the subject can help. Beta used to sometimes call me first to tell me not to talk about Slash. They try to control everything but they don't always know what's best for Axl. I always was very frank with him so he knew that I wasn't just another Yes man.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2

I always was very frank with him so he knew that I wasn't just another Yes man.

And thats why you aren't friends with him anymore lol. I'm just kidding. I always hope you two will rekindle your friendship, but I think Axl is surrounding himself with so many yes men that those yes men don't let others unless they are the same.

What kinda stuff would you get up too/talk about when axl came to your house? Was everything just Guns related or were chilling having beers. More interested in hearing about any contact since 2005 than previous.

Did you ever say to Axl "what's the deal with beta and her over protectiveness?"

Edited by Axl_morris

Also Beta thinks that I have said bad things about Axl. Where is she getting that from. I always stick up for Axl when people start blaming him for shit that went wrong. I have said it 1,000 times that it is no ones fault what went wrong. I guess because they blame Slash for everything that went wrong, that they somehow see it that since I don't agree, then I must be bashing Axl. I know that Axl doesn't like me riding the fence on some of the issues but I have never said anything bad about Axl and will always be there for him even if he never talks to me again. Life is what it is and sometimes things get fucked up between 2 people. That doesn't mean that you no longer care about that person.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2

Maybe? In a n email a few years ago Axl said that Beta told him before that I had changed or some something like that. I think it could have had something to do with Slash coming to my sons Bar mitzvah in nov 2005 or maybe it was in Dec 2006 when I told her that I found a publisher and that my book was finally going to come out in 2007. I don't really know. I think she used to get a little stressed out when Axl would come over to my house or when he would call because she knew that there would always be some talk about Slash. See the problem is I think Beta gets worried that Axl may be in a bad mood afterwords but that was never the case. Axl used to love to vent that stuff. I think if anything it would make him feel better that he got that off his chest. Having someone to talk to that really knows the about the subject can help. Beta used to sometimes call me first to tell me not to talk about Slash. They try to control everything but they don't always know what's best for Axl. I always was very frank with him so he knew that I wasn't just another Yes man.

Man, that's just sad. :( Makes me feel bad for both of you.

Thanks for sharing, Marc.

• Like 1

Marc I'm not sure where you're at in your life in regards to mending your friendship with Axl but wouldn't it be better to contact him direct and not through Beta, Del, Fernando or anyone else?

Did you ever think of starting a project for the current incarnation Guns N' Roses? A little promotion wouldn't hurt the band and would probably be VERY appreciated by everyone.

Marc I'm not sure where you're at in your life in regards to mending your friendship with Axl but wouldn't it be better to contact him direct and not through Beta, Del, Fernando or anyone else?

That would be assuming that Marc is able to make any direct contact without going through Team Brazil these days.

Did you ever think of starting a project for the current incarnation Guns N' Roses? A little promotion wouldn't hurt the band and would probably be VERY appreciated by everyone.

I can't answer for him... but I think when the band formed, he was younger and had probably more time to follow the band and take pictures and videos, etc. Now he has a family and he has his work... I'm not sure how he could start doing promotion for the new band...

I can't answer for him... but I think when the band formed, he was younger and had probably more time to follow the band and take pictures and videos, etc. Now he has a family and he has his work... I'm not sure how he could start doing promotion for the new band...

There's a reason why he stopped Reckless Road at the point where he did.

To me, if he was to do another book, it should be about the restaurant and the stories passed down as well as coming from those who worked there over the years. I thought there was a documentary being worked on about it?

I was hoping he'd line up more Q&As with the people who took part in the book as well as those who didn't at the time, and wouldn't mind answering questions we have. I know some people are prob. easy for him to track down, some aren't but he could catch them at the right moments, which is fine.

That would be assuming that Marc is able to make any direct contact without going through Team Brazil these days.

Without any doubt they screen all his text messages and calls first (pure speculation).

yes, and the fact that Marc is so much fanfriendly wont help in getting more peace with Axl. i'm grateful as hell that Marc does this for us!!!
but Axl more seems not to like anyone to give info out about himself, exspecially when it comes to the real Guns with Slash.

It's a real shame that two true long lasting friends get their friendship on the ropes, because of interfering third parties.... :no:

I'm sure one day Axl will see it for himself and will make amends with some real friends to him, like you Marc Canter.

Always great to know your thoughts and opinions. :)

This is a question I was going to ask. Could you call Axl directly, or would you have to go through an intermediary?

Can you imagine a version of Reckless Road for Nugnr? The same setlist on every page and half of the book would consist of white pages of nothingness.