Fortus forgotten member?

cooker

I have nothing against Richard, but somehow everybody complains about DJ Ashba and says how cool and true Fortus is, while Fortus is the one who performed with Rihanna for a while. Can't even think what would happen on mygnr if it was the other way round.

Slash had a record full of awful singers and played with the Black Eyed Peas, doesn't stop his fans from loving him and frankly it would be ridiculous if it did.

DJ is just a tool, plain and simple, and Sixx AM blows. Richard is a significantly more talented guitarist, there's nothing to complain about

Edited by sweetness

I have nothing against Richard, but somehow everybody complains about DJ Ashba and says how cool and true Fortus is, while Fortus is the one who performed with Rihanna for a while. Can't even think what would happen on mygnr if it was the other way round.

Slash had a record full of awful singers and played with the Black Eyed Peas, doesn't stop his fans from loving him and frankly it would be ridiculous if it did.

DJ is just a tool, plain and simple, and Sixx AM blows. Richard is a significantly more talented guitarist, there's nothing to complain about

Listen, I certainly don't like Fergie and Adam Levine and M Shadows and the Pussycat Dolls singer. But Slash got them on tracks and they turned out excellent. How much of it had to do with Slash's input or those singers actually just being good and finally singing material I liked, I have no idea. I'm open to giving people chances, and with Slash he just seems to make it work. Before the album came out I would say they were awful singers, but now I have some respect for them as the songs were great. You can't doubt plain old good music. Hell, Slash sounds amazing on the track he did for that cartoon Fineus and Ferb. It sounds ridiculous to say, but aside from the cartoon voices, he makes it work! The guy just has that touch.

He's got the rawest tone which gnr used to be all about. But instead he's overlooked by slashba whose average and ron thal who Is great but more melodic than rough, raw, bluesy, dirty rock sounding. Gnr should use fortus more... he sounded great in thin lizzy

• Like 1

Ya, so have a lot of musicians. It's what they do they play music. He also played with Thin Lizzy. I'm not one to hate on someone who plays with a pop singer. I'm ok with Slash's collaborations with pop stars if he feels truly inspired by it... If Axl felt inspired to play with the wiggles more power to him. Rock and Roll should not be snubbish when it comes to different Genres of music.

In fact Axl should go on Seseme Street dressed up as an ear of corn and sing the high notes with Elmo. That would be fun. (Not a dig) I would get a kick out of that.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Doing what? Singing Fruit Salad???

Anyone able to pinpoint exact bits he does on Chinese Democracy? I wish we could have isolated guitar tracks of each member, eg 'Paul Huge's parts on IRS' for example

He plays rhythm on Chinese Democracy, Better, Street of Dreams, There Was A Time and Prostitute.

• Like 1

Richard wrote the chorus riff of Better. You know, the riff behind the "now I know you better"

He says that in this great video:

I *LOVE* that part of the song and I'm glad it was revealed that 4tus wrote it.

As HV said, 4tus can write some catchy stuff. I'm just hoping we get to hear more of it with GN'R.

Did Fortus play on All About the Benjamins by P Diddy. That's my favorite Puffy song.

I had no Idea who played on it so I wiki'd it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_All_About_the_Benjamins

Stinson played on it. I had no idea! Is that common knowledge?

Not sure, I read in Total Guitar or somewhere an interview where he talks about his session work and work in with hip hop. Somewhere along the line I found he worked on that P Diddy record. I just wonder when I'm listening to it, is that Fortus on guitar?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/richard_fortus_of_gnr_theres_a_constant_quest_for_the_perfect_tone.html

Edited by wasted

Did Fortus play on All About the Benjamins by P Diddy. That's my favorite Puffy song.

I had no Idea who played on it so I wiki'd it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_All_About_the_Benjamins

Stinson played on it. I had no idea! Is that common knowledge?

Not sure, I read in Total Guitar or somewhere an interview where he talks about his session work and work in with hip hop. Somewhere along the line I found he worked on that P Diddy record. I just wonder when I'm listening to it, is that Fortus on guitar?

The things you learn everyday! :)

I'd always knew that Grohl was drumming on that but never had any idea Stinson was involved or 4tus might be. According to that wiki page, Slash played on a live version once as well. I had no idea!

Are you kidding me? Fortus has been this year's 'golden boy' as far MyGNR's reaction to touring. Nobody has been fanboyed over more.

The endearing thing about Fortus is that he is quite unapologetically a session musician. He is very up front about making money and living the good life. I'm not saying he doesn't have any sense of artistry, but if it pays good and facilitates his lifestyle, he's more than likely to take the gig.

The endearing thing about Fortus is that he is quite unapologetically a session musician. He is very up front about making money and living the good life. I'm not saying he doesn't have any sense of artistry, but if it pays good and facilitates his lifestyle, he's more than likely to take the gig.

He just loves music, all kinds of music.

Anyone able to pinpoint exact bits he does on Chinese Democracy? I wish we could have isolated guitar tracks of each member, eg 'Paul Huge's parts on IRS' for example

He plays rhythm on Chinese Democracy, Better, Street of Dreams, There Was A Time and Prostitute.

yeah but so do about 5 other people hahaha >.<

He's a session musician so that's what he does for a living. Same as all the other members other than Axl. Nothing wrong with it but until we see an album of original songs written and recorded by this lineup that's all it's gonna be.

I like this guy a lot. He's the kind of guy any band would be blessed to have in their ranks.

I also really get inspired if I think about his backstory. how he was living your "as per usual" rocker lifestyle with the drugs and everything. But when he became a father he did like a complete 360, dropped the dope and became a health freak. lots of excercise, running, healthy diet. and he did it to be a respectable father. How cool is that? It might not be the story for a movie script but I can look up to that. now you can see the the benefit of being a health freak coming back to please the audience in the amount of energy he can put out into his performance and how good/young he looks. Go fortus, all the way. don't stop the rock.