Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

Guest Len B'stard

I got nothing against dinosaurs, i'm sure they're lovely it's just I'm not sure they'd make an interesting centre-piece for a film. My chief problem with these kindsa films is, and watch me be wrong here, you kinda know whats gonna happen before watching it. Broadly speaking I mean it's a film about some people that are gonna get stuck in a situation with a bunch of dinosaurs, shit their pants a bit and either survive at the end or not...there's literally nowhere interesting that could go, it's about the sodding Dinosaurs really, isn't it? And, y'know, thats all very impressive and that, y'know, RAWRRRRRRRR, i get it...but for 90 minutes, It'd put my fuckin' brain to sleep. I could understand if you're like 8 years old and it all ties in with a school trip to the Natural History Museum or something.

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

Why go see horror movies then? You know everyone is going to get sliced up.

Horrors a genre that came up on the back of thrillers and suspense and stuff, horror flicks are fundamentally cinematic, often dealing with things like psychology, they have mystery and all sorts, it's not the same thing.

Len seems like he'd be a real piece of shit to watch any movie with. Just going out of his way to hate everything.

I watch all sorts man…and praise all sorts too, it's just when you slag things off it gets noticed more for some reason.

I got nothing against dinosaurs, i'm sure they're lovely it's just I'm not sure they'd make an interesting centre-piece for a film. My chief problem with these kindsa films is, and watch me be wrong here, you kinda know whats gonna happen before watching it. Broadly speaking I mean it's a film about some people that are gonna get stuck in a situation with a bunch of dinosaurs, shit their pants a bit and either survive at the end or not...there's literally nowhere interesting that could go, it's about the sodding Dinosaurs really, isn't it? And, y'know, thats all very impressive and that, y'know, RAWRRRRRRRR, i get it...but for 90 minutes, It'd put my fuckin' brain to sleep. I could understand if you're like 8 years old and it all ties in with a school trip to the Natural History Museum or something.

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

You couldn't be more wrong about Twister if you tried.

Just read the synopsis, seems pretty accurate to me :shrugs: Perhaps its cuz like, when they came out i was a kid and these were the big kids movies of the time and the shit was just everywhere, dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaur cereal, dinosaur action figures, it's like the last thing you're gonna find interesting as a kid. Or maybe just the last thing I found interesting as a kid. These big fuckin' animals that roamed the earth once, great :shrugs:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

When did it become a law that you're not allowed to dislike something on the basis of your impression of it? Otherwise how can you possibly discern what book to get out of the library or what? I don't need to have read every single book in the teen romance section to tick em off progressively as things that I ain't gonna like probably. What you're saying essentially is that i have to've seen a film to know what it's about to be qualified to judge whether or not i want to see it, thats ridiculous :lol: I can look at a film, see the genre, read the back cover and get something of an idea of whether it's the thing for me or not, thats kinda why the shit comes like that, so you can develop impressions. It's not like i write reviews about the plot or something.

In fact I can go so far as to say that, in some cases with this kinda shit, I can look at the shit and know for a 99.9% certainty whether it's a load of shit or not, for example:

top-20-best-80s-hair--large-msg-13377962

Thats a band, i don't know who the fuck they are, I ain't heard their music i think but i can almost, thats almost guarantee that it's a load of shit and if i put it on it will be a load of shit :lol: On the flip side, i see a band like:

the-damned-punk-rock.jpg

And although i can't guarantee like the shit band (or even come close to that kinda judgement) I'll probably be likely to give em a chance cuz they just have a look about them.

Edited by sugaraylen

Why go see horror movies then? You know everyone is going to get sliced up.

Horrors a genre that came up on the back of thrillers and suspense and stuff, horror flicks are fundamentally cinematic, often dealing with things like psychology, they have mystery and all sorts, it's not the same thing.

Dude, you pretty much described JP.

Lots of mystery, suspense and psychology even delving into philosophy and ethics. It's not two hours of dinos eating people, they're on screen for a fraction of the film compared to the other listed themes.

Guest Len B'stard

Let's look at the facts here.

Jurassic Park is one of the most esteemed filmss of its time, beloved by people of all ages. Truly timeless.

Your avatar is Sid Vicious.

Sorry, you've lost the argument.

Lets have a further look at the facts, your avatar is Axl Roses jowls, from the NuGnR era, an allegiance of the sort that would see you laughed out of any discussion regarding good taste in the civilised world, if not hounded :lol: Sorry, you are fundamentally unqualified to enter any kind of discussion in which judgement is required to discern quality, just totally unqualified :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Jurassic Park is one of the most esteemed filmss of its time, beloved by people of all ages. Truly timeless.

Lets have a further look at the facts, your avatar is Axl Roses jowls, from the NuGnR era, an allegiance of the sort that would see you laughed out of any discussion regarding good taste in the civilised world, if not hounded :lol: Sorry, you are fundamentally unqualified to enter any kind of discussion in which judgement is required to discern quality, just totally unqualified :lol:

With a title that says "Fatter than ever", implying that I'm making fun of him, not glorifying him.

Or no, I chose that picture because I thought he looked so great in it.

Edited by bacardimayne

Guest Len B'stard

With a title that says "Fatter than ever", implying that I'm making fun of him, not glorifying him.

Or no, I choice that picture because I thought he looked so great in it.

I dunno, maybe you were celebrating his fatness :lol: Maybe you're a fat activist :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

When did it become a law that you're not allowed to dislike something on the basis of your impression of it?

For starters, it doesn't make for very good discussion in a forum setting. Why would anybody in this thread give a shit what your impression is?

Drawing conclusions based on impressions, yeah, really fasciniating stuff there Len. Thanks for your contribution, I hope you take my suggestion from the last page and get back to us.

Guest Len B'stard

Well, getting fat is still more of an accomplishment than anything Sid Vicious managed to do with his life.

Oh dear, 35 years on and he's still getting on peoples tits, poor old Sidney :lol:

The sort of nerdy, pussy ass, scale model building, warm milk before bed drinking, glow in the dark dinosaur wallpaper having, buck toothed, greasy haired, lisping, train track braces wearing, curvature of the spine having weenies that like things like Jurassic Park are the polar opposite of what people like Sidney were about, were people like you to like it it wouldn't be what it is :lol:

Well, getting fat is still more of an accomplishment than anything Sid Vicious managed to do with his life.

Oh dear, 35 years on and he's still getting on peoples tits, poor old Sidney :lol:

The sort of nerdy, pussy ass, scale model building, warm milk before bed drinking, glow in the dark dinosaur wallpaper having, buck toothed, greasy haired, lisping, train track braces wearing, curvature of the spine having weenies that like things like Jurassic Park are the polar opposite of what people like Sidney were about, were people like you to like it it wouldn't be what it is :lol:

Holy fucking projection.

Nah seriously though. Carry on with what it is you're doing. Denounce Jurassic Park as shit because it looks like a noncey dinosaur romp. Live that punk culture, man. Feel it flowing through your blood as you deem yourself too cultured for action movies.

It's amazing how you're simultaneously the best and worst poster on these forums.

• Like 3

Guest Len B'stard

Seriously though Len, why is it you always seem to take the piss out of people who like something you don't understand. Not our fault the deep ethical implications in Jurassic Park are lost on you :lol:

I wasn't taking the piss out of people though, I only started doing that when the piss was getting taken out of me, before that I was jus discussing the film :lol: Or my impressions of rather.

Nah seriously though. Carry on with what it is you're doing. Denounce Jurassic Park as shit because it looks like a noncey dinosaur romp. Live that punk culture, man. Feel it flowing through your blood as you deem yourself too cultured for action movies.

It's amazing how you're simultaneously the best and worst poster on these forums.

Oh come on, now you're gonna make me out a culture snob, Jesus Christ, the last film i watched was Carry on Camping for chrissakes :lol: Yeah, real high brow art there :lol: And i love action films, where'd you get the impression i don't like action films?

The problem with you is you're all well and up for taking the piss but when someone does it back you get all butthurt about it, remember you came in here taking the piss out of my avatar, i took it with good humour, alls i was doing was giving you a bit of the same back…and look how it's got you, just kidding man, I'm sure you don't drink warm milk before bed or have a curvature of the spine or any of that :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Seriously though Len, why is it you always seem to take the piss out of people who like something you don't understand. Not our fault the deep ethical implications in Jurassic Park are lost on you :lol:

I wasn't taking the piss out of people though, I only started doing that when the piss was getting taken out of me, before that I was jus discussing the film :lol: Or my impressions of rather.

Discussing and passing judgement on a film you have never seen and making ignorant assumptions over something you know nothing and are wrong about.

And you are wrong, about it. You pass it off like some shitty Transformers popcorn flick that is terribly written, acted and has no substance to it when nothing could be further from the truth.

Can't you see why people would get annoyed about that? Imagine how you would react if some uninformed individual came into the Soccer thread and started slating Arsenal as a second rate club who don't win anything and are overrated and sticks to their guns despite people pointing out facts to the contrary.

Guest Len B'stard

I really want to think he's only fucking with us... but nah, he just is that much of a fashionable douche

You are WAYYYY to obsessed with this fashionable/not fashionable thing y'know.

Discussing and passing judgement on a film you have never seen and making ignorant assumptions over something you know nothing and are wrong about.

And you are wrong, about it. You pass it off like some shitty Transformers popcorn flick that is terribly written, acted and has no substance to it when nothing could be further from the truth.

Can't you see why people would get annoyed about that? Imagine how you would react if some uninformed individual came into the Soccer thread and started slating Arsenal as a second rate club who don't win anything and are overrated and sticks to their guns despite people pointing out facts to the contrary.

I just gave an opinion about my impression, whys that so bad? I said it looked naff and thats why i haven't seen it, not it is naff, totally different kinds of judgement.

Oh come on, now you're gonna make me out a culture snob, Jesus Christ, the last film i watched was Carry on Camping for chrissakes :lol: Yeah, real high brow art there :lol: And i love action films, where'd you get the impression i don't like action films?

The problem with you is you're all well and up for taking the piss but when someone does it back you get all butthurt about it, remember you came in here taking the piss out of my avatar, i took it with good humour, alls i was doing was giving you a bit of the same back…and look how it's got you, just kidding man, I'm sure you don't drink warm milk before bed or have a curvature of the spine or any of that :lol:

I actually don't give a shit what you think about me. I just think your judgment on a movie that literally everyone in the world likes and its fans (aka everyone in the world) was beyond ignorant. I'd go as far as to say it's just a part of this arrogant, overspoken character that you perform here on a day to day basis and not what you actually believe.

Guest Len B'stard

Seriously though Len, why is it you always seem to take the piss out of people who like something you don't understand. Not our fault the deep ethical implications in Jurassic Park are lost on you

I wasn't taking the piss out of people though, I only started doing that when the piss was getting taken out of me, before that I was jus discussing the film Or my impressions of rather.

Oh come on, now you're gonna make me out a culture snob, Jesus Christ, the last film i watched was Carry on Camping for chrissakes Yeah, real high brow art there And i love action films, where'd you get the impression i don't like action films?

The problem with you is you're all well and up for taking the piss but when someone does it back you get all butthurt about it, remember you came in here taking the piss out of my avatar, i took it with good humour, alls i was doing was giving you a bit of the same back…and look how it's got you, just kidding man, I'm sure you don't drink warm milk before bed or have a curvature of the spine or any of that

I actually don't give a shit what you think about me. I just think your judgment on a movie that literally everyone in the world likes and its fans (aka everyone in the world) was beyond ignorant. I'd go as far as to say it's just a part of this arrogant, overspoken character that you perform here on a day to day basis and not what you actually believe.

:lol:

You're SUCH a little ho :lol: All this because I ribbed you a bit, honestly, grow up :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I really want to think he's only fucking with us... but nah, he just is that much of a fashionable douche

You are WAYYYY to obsessed with this fashionable/not fashionable thing y'know.

It's just my impression of you, WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?

• Like 1