Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

Guest Len B'stard

I really want to think he's only fucking with us... but nah, he just is that much of a fashionable douche

You are WAYYYY to obsessed with this fashionable/not fashionable thing y'know.

It's just my impression of you, WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?

What is this, Revenge of the Nerds? :lol: I should shut the fuck up or you lot are gonna come looking for me :lol: Like a fuckin' army of you In dinosaur costumes :lol:

Nothing sweetness dear, there is nothing wrong with that at all, it was just a further impression i got. I should just stop with the fuckin' impressions, shouldn't I? :lol:

I really want to think he's only fucking with us... but nah, he just is that much of a fashionable douche

You are WAYYYY to obsessed with this fashionable/not fashionable thing y'know.

It's just my impression of you, WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?

What is this, Revenge of the Nerds? :lol: I should shut the fuck up or you lot are gonna come looking for me :lol: Like a fuckin' army of you In dinosaur costumes :lol:

Nothing sweetness dear, there is nothing wrong with that at all, it was just a further impression i got. I should just stop with the fuckin' impressions, shouldn't I? :lol:

You really should. I mean if you showed any interest in challenging your first impression maybe this could have stayed a somewhat decent conversation but... man, the way you glaze over every reasonable argument, it's getting more and more obvious you just like to stir the pot. Hate to break it to you but it's getting pretty old.

Thanks for keeping my Jurassic Park thread towards the top of this section I guess, it won't take me as long to find it when the next big update comes in.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I'm sorry man, i was just messing about, didn't mean to seriously annoy you or nothing.

-Len being a shit

-Gets called out on being a shit

-OH BOLLOCKS INNIT BOLLOCKS YOU CANT HANDLE BEING RIBBED A LITTLE M8?

Just admit that you're being a fucking cock. It won't hurt your forum rep. Everyone will still think you're a badass punk rebel.

You're never gonna quite recover from this, are you? :lol: Seriously, every second discussion and you wade in there with 'you like Sid Vicious, you lose' or 'you like Sid Vicious, your opinion is void' and i take the piss out of you once, just once, one little time and look at the state of you :lol: So what are the rules, only Cardi can be a fucking cock? Sorry, missed that update :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Never seen a single one of these films. Dinosaurs in a park or something? Yeah, never saw the attraction.

You pillock. The attraction would be the motherfucking dinosaurs. Also Jeff Goldblum.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

http://khon2.com/2014/03/02/hundreds-turn-out-for-jurassic-world-casting-call/ *VIDEO*

http://thegardenisland.com/news/local/jurassic-world-casting-call-sunday/article_513425d2-ab29-11e3-bbc8-0019bb2963f4.html

While all are welcome, EBB is seeking men, women, children (ages 10 to 15) who are comfortable in the water, as well as military looking types.

International scenes require people to represent Asians, South and Latin America, Europeans, Middle Easterners, Eastern Europeans, North Americans and African Americans, according to a release.

Spinosaurus fucking the t-rex up was the cheapest shit.

Hey look, the NEW dinosaur can beat up the t-rex! Isn't that awesome?

No, because he's still shit and jurassic Park without a t-rex terrorizing the humans is like godzilla not breathing fire.

In real life, that fight would have been over a lot quicker because that Spinosaurus would have been screwed the second the T-Rex put its jaws on its neck because the T-Rex jaw was so powerful he would have snaped the neck. But I guess they wanted to go for shock value.

Which I have heard this to be true. But jaw strength is the only advantage the T rex has. So that is a flaw with the film, but if the T rex doesn't get its jaws around Spino's neck, than Spino would kill the T rex.

As for my previous statement let me say, I also completly agree that JP3 is the weakest of the 3, by a long shot at that. But Spino did win me over, and has been my favorite dinosaur ever since. And from my observations a lot of the hate towads that film tends to be directed at the fact Spino kills T rex, which I find to be rediculous. So many people just HATED to see their beloved T rex lose. But given the facts about both dinos, Spino would in fact kill T rex's at least 6/10 or even 7/10 times. It is that fact that many T rex fans refuse to see, so they would rather just write that film off. But for me seeing and learning about the Spino is what makes that film very much worth while. Because sorry to say, but the T Rex wasn't the biggest baddest dino that ever lived, science has proven this. Until a new "King" comes along, Spinosaurus is the reigning King of the meaters, deal with it T Rex fans.

Fuck that! T-Rex had him, they just pulled some Hollywood crap and make the Spinosaurus win.

getting back on topic. the thing that pisses me off about the t rex vs spino showdown is how in the first 2 movies t-rex is just a badass, with all the cool moments and growing up the t-rex was just something all kids found cool. the JP movies just played up on that. then you get to 3 and they shit all over it. spino doesnt pay any dues. he just comes in and kills the badass in like 5 seconds.

it would be like making an awesome western. you sign the biggest badass western actor in the world in clint eastwood. within the first 30 minutes you have justin bieber kill him. shit just isnt right.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Hey hey guys, Lenny's ability to find faults in everything is one of his most endearing qualities imo. You may not always agree with what he says, but he gives it to you straight, or at least what he considers to be straight. I find that to be a very admirable quality.

getting back on topic. the thing that pisses me off about the t rex vs spino showdown is how in the first 2 movies t-rex is just a badass, with all the cool moments and growing up the t-rex was just something all kids found cool. the JP movies just played up on that. then you get to 3 and they shit all over it. spino doesnt pay any dues. he just comes in and kills the badass in like 5 seconds.

it would be like making an awesome western. you sign the biggest badass western actor in the world in clint eastwood. within the first 30 minutes you have justin bieber kill him. shit just isnt right.

So many things wrong with this post, where to begin? For one, your analogy is very weak imo. You compared T Rex with Clint Eastwood, but Spino is Justin Beiber? For one Spino is a legend in his own right, being the biggest carnavore to ever walk the Earth deserves some more respect. If T Rex is Clint Eastwood, than Spino is Arnold Swartznegger; bigger, better, and just plan more of a bad ass.

For two, why must he pay dues to uninformed T Rex fans that were under the false impression that T Rex was the biggest? Just because sooo many children grew up loving T Rex, he therefore deserves a better role in JP3? Before the original JP, most people did not even know what a raptor was, but nobody bitched about them.

I said it before and I'll say it again, T Rex got bitch smacked and you all cry about it and hate JP3 because of it.

I just hid a couple posts where the whole len/bacardi drama went on a little long. I don't think anyone's going to disagree that enough was enough.

I really hope they manage to have the visual effects complement the film and storyline like they did in the first one and not the other way round. I want to see something built around the characters and story itself. That's one reason the original stands up today and still looks so damn good - the CGI they used was there to add to a scene, not necessarily be the sole focus of it. It was no Avatar.

So many things wrong with this post, where to begin? For one, your analogy is very weak imo. You compared T Rex with Clint Eastwood, but Spino is Justin Beiber? For one Spino is a legend in his own right, being the biggest carnavore to ever walk the Earth deserves some more respect. If T Rex is Clint Eastwood, than Spino is Arnold Swartznegger; bigger, better, and just plan more of a bad ass.

For two, why must he pay dues to uninformed T Rex fans that were under the false impression that T Rex was the biggest? Just because sooo many children grew up loving T Rex, he therefore deserves a better role in JP3? Before the original JP, most people did not even know what a raptor was, but nobody bitched about them.

I said it before and I'll say it again, T Rex got bitch smacked and you all cry about it and hate JP3 because of it.

I'm glad someone here gets it.

T-Rex was badass and kind of like the antihero, but 3 brought in a new villain that was just as awesome, really.

I saw JP3 in theaters when it came out and when the plane lands and the gunshots are going off in the beginning, it gives off a sense of fear. You get a quick glimpse of it when they're trying to take off and after they hit it, it's just downhill from there. The scene where they're trapped in the plane is somewhat comparable to the Jeep scene in 1 and the RV-cliff scene in 2.

JP3 might not have the best storyline, and sure, some stuff is farfetched (but isn't the whole story line for the series in general?), but it's entertaining fun throughout and I still voluntarily watch it with ease and I'll keep up that argument forever.

• Like 1

I just hid a couple posts where the whole len/bacardi drama went on a little long. I don't think anyone's going to disagree that enough was enough.

I really hope they manage to have the visual effects complement the film and storyline like they did in the first one and not the other way round. I want to see something built around the characters and story itself. That's one reason the original stands up today and still looks so damn good - the CGI they used was there to add to a scene, not necessarily be the sole focus of it. It was no Avatar.

To this day the CGI still looks fantastic, same can't be said of some films from the last 5 years let alone 20.

To this day the CGI still looks fantastic, same can't be said of some films from the last 5 years let alone 20.

To add to it, the animatronics were incredible, and because the bulk of the CGI bits came later in the film, you'd kind of already accepted that the dinosaurs looked really realistic by that point which helped the effect. The triceratops was amazing:

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

Good God, you suck. But speaking of Twister, if anyone wants to get some kind of 3D Imax re-release petition in time for the 20th anniversary going, I'm in.

Holy cannaloni you are all stupid. How does an argument like this happen on a jurassic park thread

You are acting like a bunch of disagreeing Compsognathus', imagine what the Compsognathus' achieved when they didn't fight. They ate a guy

Edited by ZoSoRose

Another thing I was put off with in III. Dr. Grant's theory that raptors would have been the dominant species. Aren't the descendents of dinosaurs nothing more than birds?

And he was starting to sound like ratbrain. I was just waiting for him to talk about lizard people.

Holy cannaloni you are all stupid. How does an argument like this happen on a jurassic park thread

Lenny.

Couldn't agree more. This is my biggest fear, and also the biggest fault with a movie like JPIII, that the story will just be an "excuse" for the action. With Michael Crichton having passed away, and a young director who is doing his first major Hollywood production, I have my doubts. So far a lot of the hints we have point to an up and running amusement park with visitors attending and enjoying themselves, not sure how I feel about that...

I guess at worst, we get another fun dinosaur action movie set in the Jurassic Park universe, which depending on how its done... isn't all that bad. But man, as a hardcore fan it would be so cool to see attention being payed to the themes Michael Chrichton set up when he created this franchise, if that could even be expanded on at all I would be very impressed.

Not sure if this has been confirmed yet, but apparently Jurassic World is supposed to be the first of another trilogy, sort of a reboot or reinvention of the franchise, which makes it all the more fragile. It could either bring new fresh ideas that pump new life into the franchise, for example something I think was achieved with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, OR it could be like, well... Star Wars Episode I :nervous: