Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

Robot dinosaurs. Cha ching!

Well Trans4mers will beat them to that. Though I refuse to watch that or any other Transformers film since the 2nd was one of the worst films I've ever paid to see.

Budgets for films are getting ridiculous. Amazing Spider-Man 2's made almost $700 million worldwide and that's probably not enough to break even.

Well Trans4mers will beat them to that. Though I refuse to watch that or any other Transformers film since the 2nd was one of the worst films I've ever paid to see.

Budgets for films are getting ridiculous. Amazing Spider-Man 2's made almost $700 million worldwide and that's probably not enough to break even.

Its budget was like 200 million. Advertising and marketing may be another 100 million on top of that. I agree and think budgets are out of hand but a lot of blockbusters have got to be making large profits still

Its budget was like 200 million. Advertising and marketing may be another 100 million on top of that. I agree and think budgets are out of hand but a lot of blockbusters have got to be making large profits still

I think ASM2's budget was close to $250 million, and they spent close to another $200 million on advertising & marketing. Say the studio keeps 60% of the gross, less than $700 million isn't going to cut it. Which is ridiculous.

I think Godzilla will make money, $160 million budget, doubt they spent more than $100 million on advertising, after it opens in China and Japan it should cross $500 million worldwide.

It's been so long since a Jurassic Park movie that this should make big money. I saw Jurassic Park in 3D for my birthday last year and it was magical, went with my mum and my sister. Was my sister's first time seeing it, she loved it, too. It really hasn't dated at all, and the characters and the dialogue really keep you interested. I can't remember the last time I watched The Lost World. Even as a kid I had to force myself to like it. It was the first film I saw with Vince Vaughn, I didn't like him then and I haven't liked him since. I remember being confused by the character of Eddie since in the book he was described as some buff dude in shades and a cowboy hat, and then in the film he was this meek pudgy bald guy.

Made up dinosaurs or not, no way this film does anything less than 500 million+, once everything is said and done. The demand for this franchise spans across at least 3 generations, in hundreds of countries worldwide. Retitling the film to Jurassic World vs. calling it JP4 was a genius move and will only help it make even more money.

If only I could give a shit how much the movie makes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/video-jurassic-world-behind-scenes-714452

George Bush's daughter visited the set of Jurassic World and did a segment for the Today Show, pretty stupid overall, what you would expect of the fucking Today Show... but you get to see a few quick shots on the set which is pretty cool. Worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you guys seen the brochure "leaks"? I don't know why but they got me sooo pumped for this movie. http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-park-map-brochures/

I read all the descriptions on that. I think this movie has great potential. It seems like they're going back to the basis of the first movie - park is up and running smoothly when the movie starts and then shit goes wrong.

I haven't seen a movie in a theater in like 2 years or something but I'm going to see this shit. Hope we get some promising info from Comic Con.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still can't get over the horror of number 3. A raptor sitting clutching the seat next to Grant when he knew full well the tiny plane was airbourne without any goddamn dinos stowed away in the overheads...

It always cracks me up in JP1(great movie, greater novel) that the Rex has footsteps so wide they make it seem as if it surely must be 2000 ft tall.

They can't get any worse than number 3 so I'm expecting a better film this time around. Wonder what the Bad Dinosaur will be here, I've heard rumours of Troodons or some shit that glows in the dark.

i never really understood the hate for the third film. i thought it was pulpy fun, and returned the series in the right direction (trapped on the island) versus the pure mediocrity of the second movie.

what ruined the third film was the very end, which was so ludicrous ("they brought the navy and the air force!" or whatever that stupid line was) that it kind of undermined everything that came beforehand.

• Like 1

i never really understood the hate for the third film. i thought it was pulpy fun, and returned the series in the right direction (trapped on the island) versus the pure mediocrity of the second movie.

what ruined the third film was the very end, which was so ludicrous ("they brought the navy and the air force!" or whatever that stupid line was) that it kind of undermined everything that came beforehand.

No, what really ruined JP3 was the you can hand a bunch of velociraptors their eggs back and they'll kindly nod as a thank you and leave. I also doubt that even the toughest Nokia could not just survive in the stomach of a Spinosaurus, but would also still be able to receive a call and ring so loud that you could hear it like 50 meters away from the spinosaurus.

Those things, among many others, make JP3 absolutely terrible for me.

...that said I'm still stoked, nerding out and on a nostalgia rampage for JP4.

Edited by username