Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

New interview from the director with IGN. Nice interview. Apparently Dr. Wu will be coming back which could be interesting seeing as how his character had a much bigger part in the first book than he actually ended up having in the movie.

He also commented on the original characters not returning. And thinking about it more, it doesn't upset me that much. Sure, it'd be awesome to see Dr. Malcolm and Dr. Grant come back, but the story would have to be really good, or else it wouldn't make sense. It's like "Why the hell would these people keep coming back and getting involved in this stuff? :lol:" I'd like to see any of them back as much as the next fan, but these people have been through the ringer as it is with dinosaurs, so it really wouldn't make sense for them to return again. At least not anytime soon.

I'm open and optimistic for this movie. Can't wait for it :)

• Like 1

New interview from the director with IGN. Nice interview. Apparently Dr. Wu will be coming back which could be interesting seeing as how his character had a much bigger part in the first book than he actually ended up having in the movie.

He also commented on the original characters not returning. And thinking about it more, it doesn't upset me that much. Sure, it'd be awesome to see Dr. Malcolm and Dr. Grant come back, but the story would have to be really good, or else it wouldn't make sense. It's like "Why the hell would these people keep coming back and getting involved in this stuff? :lol:" I'd like to see any of them back as much as the next fan, but these people have been through the ringer as it is with dinosaurs, so it really wouldn't make sense for them to return again. At least not anytime soon.

I'm open and optimistic for this movie. Can't wait for it :)

Yeah I just read it, it was much more revealing than I expected it to be. I'm still somewhat skeptical, but the more Trevorrow says about his vision for this movie the more I think it's really in the right hands. Very cool that Dr. Wu of all characters is making a return, I remember reading speculation that he might possibly be in the script but didn't really expect it since he played such a small role in the first movie. His character in the book was one of the more interesting and conflicted characters of the InGen crew.

Love the part where he's reflecting on his work as the raptors are loose and trying to get into the lodge

Definitely interested to see where he fits in the new movie!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/exclusive-interview-with-the-director-of-jurassic-world

About the whole T-Rex/Spinosaurus thing, my only real issue is WHERE IN THE HELL did the spinosaurus come from? All of those people on Site B in The Lost World and no spino in sight, then a few years later there's a fully grown Spinosaurus out of nowhere, killing T-Rex's n shit, the fuck. I appreciate what they were trying to do, bring in a new dinosaur that trumps the previous "king of the jungle", but a little explaination would have been cool.

Same thing with the raptors, all of a sudden they just look totally different. Accelerated evolution?

Edited by sweetness

Good read. I'm glad that the old characters are not returning, as the director said, who would honestly be that dumb? I read somewhere that UtahRaptor or another VERY large raptor is going to be pretty prevelant.

@Sweetness, I agree with your thoughts reguarding Spino's origin. It's just another example of things they blotched in that film. But maybe those details will be addressed this time around, especially since a new dinos seem likely.

About the whole T-Rex/Spinosaurus thing, my only real issue is WHERE IN THE HELL did the spinosaurus come from? All of those people on Site B in The Lost World and no spino in sight, then a few years later there's a fully grown Spinosaurus out of nowhere, killing T-Rex's n shit, the fuck. I appreciate what they were trying to do, bring in a new dinosaur that trumps the previous "king of the jungle", but a little explaination would have been cool.

Same thing with the raptors, all of a sudden they just look totally different. Accelerated evolution?

Simple explanation.

JP3_Giant_Spinosaurus.jpg

+

JP3SmallRaptorRedLoose1a.jpg

=

2001079246_1378153903.jpg

Simple explanation.

JP3_Giant_Spinosaurus.jpg

+

JP3SmallRaptorRedLoose1a.jpg

=

2001079246_1378153903.jpg

Toys from The Lost World help rule my childhood. Lots of great memories!

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

Except that's where Twister would end. In JP she'd also get eaten by a fucking T-Rex. And people getting eaten by a huge motherfucking T-Rex makes everything awesome.

I'm a little sad that Ellie, Malcom, Grant, etc won't be in it but I totally understand why after reading that interview. They both got their encore stories anyways

yeah, it'd be cool to see them come back, but in reading that interview with trevorrow, you can see why the other two sequels didn't work as well: they were contrived. even the lost world novel, i recall, was fairly disappointing. i was a huge crichton fan when i was a kid and i loved JP1 and i remember reading the lost world and just not digging it as much (though it was way better than the film).

JP3 was actually pretty good for what it was, kind of a pulpy romp, but its ending is ridiculously stupid (from the raptor scene onward) and i imagine the new film will be a little bit more serious-minded and respectful of the first film while also retaining some humour.

• 1 month later...

http://screencrush.com/jurassic-park-4-michael-giacchino/

Michael Giacchino has been named to score Jurassic World, though I really really wanted to see John Williams come back I'm pretty happy with this. Giacchino did some work on Jurassic Park video games when The Lost World came out and he did a great job of creating an original soundtrack while staying true to the same sort of eerie atmosphere created by Williams when he did The Lost World. I'm sure he'll do the same here, plus he's a much more well seasoned composer these days with a pretty solid resume, I think it was a smart choice especially since he is already familiar working within the franchise.

Here's some of his work with JP video games:

Anybody remember these games? That Lost World PS1 game was hard as fuuck

• 3 weeks later...

This is all stuff that'll probably be in the trailers, so I don't think they can really be considered spoilers. Cool of him to confirm/clarify them, though.

I watched the Asia trailer for Godzilla after I saw the film, glad I didn't watch it beforehand, way too much in there, hope they don't give away too much in the Jurassic World trailers.

Thought up dinosaurs :(

Jurassic Park 1 and 2 were awesome because they brought amazing beasts little boys like to read about to life. They were awesome because they were real. So I feel iffy about the "new genetically created dinosaurs". T-Rex FTW!!!

Now, I reject JP3 completely because raptors bargaining for eggs and then leaving peacefully sucks giant hairy monkeyballs. Also, not even the toughest oldschool Nokia would still make a sound you can hear over great distance from within the stomach of a spinosaurus.

• Like 1

At least the "tamed T-Rex and velociraptors fighting alongside humans" thing turned out to be bullshit, THAT would have been super gay

The made-up genetically engineered dinosaur thing is pretty stupid though, it's not like they ran out of big badass carnivores to bring back. Suchomimus? Giganotosaurus? Carcharodontosaurus? Sounds like the Jurassic Park franchise is headed in the mindless action movie direction, shoulda known.

I'll still be there opening day :shrugs:

Made up dinosaurs or not, no way this film does anything less than 500 million+, once everything is said and done. The demand for this franchise spans across at least 3 generations, in hundreds of countries worldwide. Retitling the film to Jurassic World vs. calling it JP4 was a genius move and will only help it make even more money.