Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

JPIII is still enjoyable. Mindless fun throughout, really.

It sucked to see the T-Rex get taken down, but the Spinosaurus was still pretty badass.

If by mindless fun you mean shit.

The supporting cast (aside from Macy) is horrible.

The entire bird cage scene is just awful in every way.

The river scene with Spino is laughable, especially the good old unexplained survival of the only likeable character in the movie.

And then there's the scene where Grant's asleep on the plane and dreams of a raptor saying Alan. What the fuck was that?

And don't even get me started on the feathered raptors or the generic ass navy ending.

The raptor scenes weren't bad though, I'll give it that much.

Stain on the Jurassic Park name all in all. 2 might not have been nearly as good as 1 but at least it felt like Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

Man it sounds like a lot of the hate directed at JP3 has to do with the fact spino killed a trex. I'm sorry guys, but the spino was the bigger, meaner dinosaur. The facts back that up. I know the whole world loves the trex, but shit, the spino was bigger. You guys sound like bitter sports fans that hate the other team just because yours got beat. If you want to dog on the film, then dog on it for reasons of plot and story, but not because of spino. Cause you all sound bitter cause your hero went down like a bitch.

Spinosaurus fucking the t-rex up was the cheapest shit.

Hey look, the NEW dinosaur can beat up the t-rex! Isn't that awesome?

No, because he's still shit and jurassic Park without a t-rex terrorizing the humans is like godzilla not breathing fire.

I'm sorry but I disagree, the fun of jurassic park is all the dinos, not just t rex. When you watch Godzilla, its to see Godzilla. JP means dinosaurs, not t rex.

One thing I will say about Jurassic Park III; the supporting cast was really not bad at all. Especially the first few mercenaries to die, I believe their character names were Cooper and Nash. The guy who punches Dr. Grant on the plane, and the pilot. Both of those actors did a fantastic job of appearing and sounding genuinely terrified as they were being attacked, probably more so than any role in the entire franchise. When Cooper comes running out onto the runway he's a 100% different person than he was when he was the "hard ass" on the plane, he comes out of the jungle in tears and covered in blood and it's pretty disturbing, he really sold it very well for as small as a role he was playing. The guy who played Nash wasn't bad either, he really seemed as if he was shitting his pants in fear as the spinosaurus killed him and I think both of those deaths felt scarier compared to any other character deaths in all three movies.

Guest Len B'stard

I got nothing against dinosaurs, i'm sure they're lovely it's just I'm not sure they'd make an interesting centre-piece for a film. My chief problem with these kindsa films is, and watch me be wrong here, you kinda know whats gonna happen before watching it. Broadly speaking I mean it's a film about some people that are gonna get stuck in a situation with a bunch of dinosaurs, shit their pants a bit and either survive at the end or not...there's literally nowhere interesting that could go, it's about the sodding Dinosaurs really, isn't it? And, y'know, thats all very impressive and that, y'know, RAWRRRRRRRR, i get it...but for 90 minutes, It'd put my fuckin' brain to sleep. I could understand if you're like 8 years old and it all ties in with a school trip to the Natural History Museum or something.

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

It's free and it's a nice 20-30 min walk through Kensington Gardens from where I stay in London. Tbh I've prob only seen the non-dinosaur bits a few times, I like going on my own occasionally or taking friends who haven't seen the dinosaurs before. Can be fucking packed with kids sometimes, though, crowd moving at glacial pace, just turn around and leave when it's like that.

One time they had an exhibition that was £6 or so to see the dinosaurs while they were renovating the dinosaur section. They'd just dumped some of the dinosaurs in a different room and that was it. What a gyp.

No, because he's still shit and jurassic Park without a t-rex terrorizing the humans is like godzilla not breathing fire.

In real life, that fight would have been over a lot quicker because that Spinosaurus would have been screwed the second the T-Rex put its jaws on its neck because the T-Rex jaw was so powerful he would have snaped the neck. But I guess they wanted to go for shock value.

Jurassic Park 3 was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Raptor vocal cords and bargaining for eggs. Fuck that shit. JP1 and to a lesser extent 2 were some of the highlights of my youth though. I hope this lives up. Could go either way.

In real life, that fight would have been over a lot quicker because that Spinosaurus would have been screwed the second the T-Rex put its jaws on its neck because the T-Rex jaw was so powerful he would have snaped the neck. But I guess they wanted to go for shock value.

Which I have heard this to be true. But jaw strength is the only advantage the T rex has. So that is a flaw with the film, but if the T rex doesn't get its jaws around Spino's neck, than Spino would kill the T rex.

As for my previous statement let me say, I also completly agree that JP3 is the weakest of the 3, by a long shot at that. But Spino did win me over, and has been my favorite dinosaur ever since. And from my observations a lot of the hate towads that film tends to be directed at the fact Spino kills T rex, which I find to be rediculous. So many people just HATED to see their beloved T rex lose. But given the facts about both dinos, Spino would in fact kill T rex's at least 6/10 or even 7/10 times. It is that fact that many T rex fans refuse to see, so they would rather just write that film off. But for me seeing and learning about the Spino is what makes that film very much worth while. Because sorry to say, but the T Rex wasn't the biggest baddest dino that ever lived, science has proven this. Until a new "King" comes along, Spinosaurus is the reigning King of the meaters, deal with it T Rex fans.

Edited by Mike420

I got nothing against dinosaurs, i'm sure they're lovely it's just I'm not sure they'd make an interesting centre-piece for a film. My chief problem with these kindsa films is, and watch me be wrong here, you kinda know whats gonna happen before watching it. Broadly speaking I mean it's a film about some people that are gonna get stuck in a situation with a bunch of dinosaurs, shit their pants a bit and either survive at the end or not...there's literally nowhere interesting that could go, it's about the sodding Dinosaurs really, isn't it? And, y'know, thats all very impressive and that, y'know, RAWRRRRRRRR, i get it...but for 90 minutes, It'd put my fuckin' brain to sleep. I could understand if you're like 8 years old and it all ties in with a school trip to the Natural History Museum or something.

It's like Twister, you know what its about before watching it...bunch of people, big fuckin' hurricane, wow factor and they either survive it or they end up dead...perhaps a bit of love interest thrown in just to get the birds in, y'know, some scientist tart or something, touch of the boy about her, running with a big massive flapping map in her hands...and then one time they're lookin' at the map together, all heave-ey breathing and dishevelled...she catches his eye...he ends up sorting her out up against the closet...now I ain't seen Twister but i bet its something like that :lol:

Why go see horror movies then? You know everyone is going to get sliced up.

Also the dinosaurs hardly have any screen time in JP, about 15 minutes total and it is much like a horror film. You know shit is going to go wrong, you know people are going to die but you have no idea when or how.

You couldn't be more wrong about Twister if you tried.

God damn it Lenny :no:

There's much more to Jurassic Park than dinosaurs killing people. This might sound boring and uninteresting, personally I think it's really cool, but the story is actually built around a rather fascinating scientific moral dilemma which is best summed up as; if humans have the ability to create life that nature has already selected for extinction, should they? On one side you have this great landmark achievement in genetic engineering that could mean serious $$$, in this case the company builds an amusement park with the intention of showing off their re-creations. On the other side, it's man playing with fire he cannot control. Michael Crichton attacks the arrogance of the scientific community and the competitive capitolist nature of modern science, how scientists are so concerned about being "the first" to accomlish something, rather than considering if it is something they should even be doing at all. In this case, the dinosaurs killing people is simply the answer to that question, which while it may seem obvious it does make for an unusually compelling science fiction story that actually has a great deal of depth.

If you're into that kind of nerdy shit, if you're fascinated by biology, animal behavior in the wild, planetary evolution, chaos theory, scientific ethics, topped off with exciting action, read Jurassic Park and see the movies! I couldn't recommend it enough. There is much more creativity and intelligence behind this story than it probably seems at first.

Also, you should be punched in the mouth for equating Jurassic Park to Twister. Jesus Christ man.

• Like 3