Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

the teaser was slated to debut with interstellar, but universal decided to debut furious 7 instead, and pushed this back to december (it'll be in front of The Hobbit 3).

Yeah, pretty pissed off about that. Couldn't give a fuck less about The Hobbit or Furious 7, ugh.

Thought JP with Interstellar makes more sense, I don't get that move.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole series is terrible.

Do you hate Pulp Fiction, and Forrest Gump, and Star Wars, and a bunch of other movies that are universally loved?

Yea, 3 pissed me off when the raptors tracked them down and, oh, they gave us back our eggs, let's go everyone.

The rest of it wasn't as bad.

Am I right in remembering they resurrected Henry Wu? I know he didn't die but why the heck out of all the old ch's this guy, he was a non-entity. In the novel he has many good points and lines but he was just a spare part in the film, maybe it's just me but I can't get too excited for the return of the Wuster :shrugs:

Am I right in remembering they resurrected Henry Wu? I know he didn't die but why the heck out of all the old ch's this guy, he was a non-entity. In the novel he has many good points and lines but he was just a spare part in the film, maybe it's just me but I can't get too excited for the return of the Wuster :shrugs:

Yes they are, and yeah he was one of the more interesting characters in the book.

I love the decision to bring him back, of all the original characters to appear in a new JP movie his makes the most sense. Grant, Malcom, and Sattler would be totally shoe-horned into a script for no other reason than they're the most loved and recognized by fans, but their characters would really have no reason to ever get involved with In-Gen or visit Isla Nublar ever again. Why the hell would they? Grant's role in JPIII was enough of a stretch, even Malcom in The Lost World.

Wu on the other hand has every reason to be involved, especially if Trevorrow wants to actually sell the idea of an operating theme park with live dinosaurs and make it believable following everything that has happened in this franchise, which is a HUGE feat. I'd definitely expect everything that was left out of the first film adaptation with Wu to be expanded on in this movie, mainly his denial and lust for scientific glory, despite the obvious consequences in front of his face. Wu has business in this film, the other characters just don't. :shrugs:

I'd also expect him to have a similarly gruesome death as he did in the novel, unless he ends up being a key character in the apparent "new trilogy" that has been hinted at
Edited by sweetness

Trailer looks ok. The guy from the Guardians of the Galaxy has zero charisma. Missing Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neil already haha. I like the first movie a lot, from the CGI to the beautiful soundtrack, a 90s blockbuster doesn't get better than that. Probably gonna watch it at home in a year, unless the next trailers make me change my mind.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Holy shit this looks awful. AWFUL

Doesn't look awful to me, but doesn't look brilliant either.

Why did they use CGI for the gates to the park? That Liopleurodon shot is obviously meant to astound, but it just looks like something from Walking with Dinosaurs.

Are the raptors on Chris Pratt's side? How is that even possible?

I like that we get to see a fully operational park, with the gyrosphere and the kayaks, but some more animatronic dinosaurs would have been great. The animatronics in JP3 were pretty shit, though, I guess since Stan Winston passed the chances of good animatronics in films has decreased significantly.

Regardless, I'll still see this when it comes out, though it's looking like a "one and done" for me.

• Like 1