Does Axl make enemies for pretty much no reason?

ITG

Here's Axl talking about Iron Maiden. His explanation is kind of vague. Doesn't really make any sense to me. I don't really understand why he would feel that way since Iron Maiden was a pretty chill band, and they had the opportunity to tour with them. His feuds with other people had a story to them but this one always left me scratching my head.

Are you kidding? Every time a band's name comes up here, people can't wait to jump into the thread to whine about how much they suck. We all like to give our opinions on bands we like or don't like. The difference is if you're famous, your words are amplified, especially if it's on camera and it takes on a higher level of meaning. But in the end, it's just Axl getting asked a question, and offering his opinion.

Even while they were still living in poverty and nobody knew who they were, with guys with connections to help his band like Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley hanging around, Axl was able to quickly realize what fucking asshole douchebags those two clowns are (especially Simmons). I gotta respect that.

• Like 1

Izzy doesn't want to say anything

And BTW Axl is right, Kiss is a joke and Iron Maiden sucks.

Kiss is a joke, still like 'em though. And Maiden does not suck.

Even while they were still living in poverty and nobody knew who they were, with guys with connections to help his band like Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley hanging around, Axl was able to quickly realize what fucking asshole douchebags those two clowns are (especially Simmons). I gotta respect that.

Yup.

Are you kidding? Every time a band's name comes up here, people can't wait to jump into the thread to whine about how much they suck. We all like to give our opinions on bands we like or don't like. The difference is if you're famous, your words are amplified, especially if it's on camera and it takes on a higher level of meaning. But in the end, it's just Axl getting asked a question, and offering his opinion.

Sad how that works, isn't it.

People base their entire world around how/what Axl thinks or how it relates to Axl. Friggin weird and creepy.

And the opposite works as well. If Axl came out tomorrow and said that he really admired and liked Justin Beiber's music, you'd have 15 posters on here proclaiming that they have ALWAYS thought Bieber was underrated and missunderstood and they've liked him since day one.

Sad how that works, isn't it.

People base their entire world around how/what Axl thinks or how it relates to Axl. Friggin weird and creepy.

And the opposite works as well. If Axl came out tomorrow and said that he really admired and liked Justin Beiber's music, you'd have 15 posters on here proclaiming that they have ALWAYS thought Bieber was underrated and missunderstood and they've liked him since day one.

Haha this is so sickening because it's so damn true. Those people are called sheep and there's lots of them on GnR boards. This exact scenario played out years ago when Axl claimed he loved Christina Aguilera and suddenly the sheep flocked to her defence and suddenly everyone was proclaiming how amazing she is/was. Guaranteed if Axl says it about Miley Cyrus people on this board and others would agree with him when a day earlier they thought she was shit.

Love them or hate them, KISS and Iron Maiden are fucking institutions, and they have always put out new albums and toured consistently and delivered for their fans for just about 4 decades.

The current GNR situation is quite like KISS at the moment, they have two dudes impersonating Ace and Peter and Axl has a guy doing an awful Slash impersonation.

At least KISS mix their setlist up a bit and let Tommy Thayer play his own songs instead of Ace's since he has actually had the chance to write and record an album with them.

At least KISS and Maiden don't have some fruit wandering around with a tambourine either :awesomeface:

I wouldn't want to soil my memory of KISS by seeing them with Thayer as the Spaceman, just like I refuse to go to a GNR concert with DJ in the band.

Maiden has never really been my thing, but KISS were awesome...sure they have made some shitty albums along the way but hey.

To the point, yes back in the day both Axl and Slash talked a fair bit of shit about other bands, without provocation (Poison, Bon Jovi, KISS, Nirvana, etc etc)

Groghan you're one of the weirdest people I've come across online. I am by far no Axl sympathizer but I understand how they feel more than how you feel. You come here pretty well every day and almost all your posts are serious about how you think the people who worship Axl are wrong and weird. Why do you care so very much how they feel? I don't get it. Are you jealous? Do you really think these people are so awful you need to post about these posters constantly? You're weird. You're wrong.

• Like 1

Groghan you're one of the weirdest people I've come across online. I am by far no Axl sympathizer but I understand how they feel more than how you feel. You come here pretty well every day and almost all your posts are serious about how you think the people who worship Axl are wrong and weird. Why do you care so very much how they feel? I don't get it. Are you jealous? Do you really think these people are so awful you need to post about these posters constantly? You're weird. You're wrong.

This is what makes a forum interesting....people from each end of the spectrum and all places in between throwing their piece in and seeing what gets written in return.

If Groghan is polite then what's the problem?

People should be capable of defending thier opinion.

Why post in a forum if you cannot stand being challenged?

• Like 2

Here's Axl talking about Iron Maiden. His explanation is kind of vague. Doesn't really make any sense to me. I don't really understand why he would feel that way since Iron Maiden was a pretty chill band, and they had the opportunity to tour with them. His feuds with other people had a story to them but this one always left me scratching my head.

He said on That Metal Show he liked Paul over Bruce.

Gene Simmons had nothing to do with GNR at the time, and he never would have done what Paul did in telling them what to do as a band. Gene talks a lot of shit, but isn't a douche because he let Van Halen have their demo he paid out of pocket for and tore up the contract he had with them. If anything, Van Halen were being dicks to him because they wouldn't let him put a KISS demo out they played on for the box set.

What Paul did basing it on the concert where Axl goes on about Paul and Slash's book - Paul was definitely in the wrong and could only talk about what worked for him. I think he identified with where they came from and how hard they had it, but most bands from that time had lean early years.

If he can't shut up, I wish he could at least be brief. His long redundant futile posts just make it hard for me to read the forum on my phone. He is far and away my least favorite member of this forum. And I actually agree with his opinions on the band.

Gene Simmons had nothing to do with GNR at the time, and he never would have done what Paul did in telling them what to do as a band. Gene talks a lot of shit, but isn't a douche because he let Van Halen have their demo he paid out of pocket for and tore up the contract he had with them. If anything, Van Halen were being dicks to him because they wouldn't let him put a KISS demo out they played on for the box set.

What are you talking about? please elaborate, I've never heard this story. I know about simmons and the demo, but what box set?

I think that Iron Maiden sucks because I don't like them, boring stuff it has nothing to do with Axl. Iron Maiden is boring metal but it's not my fault that most of "classic" metal bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are boring to me. I fucking love Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Pantera but Iron Maiden is complete shit whole New Wave of British Heavy Metal is.

And I actually like Kiss music a lot, but there are more of company then band. AC/DC is also huge company but I never get impression that they are doing it for money, they are 100% about music but Kiss is a joke and where is Ace ?