When was the last time you were proud to be an Axl Rose fan?

Randy Lahey

I stopped being proud of being his fan when I learned he was a wife beater. I'll always love his lyrics, and the art he creates, but it's hard to like him as a person after learning that.

The person who he is is not defined by being a wife beater. This is unfair with him, people are much more than their wrong actions and broken relationships.

He has his issues but he really worked to became a better person, he still does. I think Axl was very honest about his terrible behavior and disturbing views about women, he wasn't proud of what he did.

I've never read any article in which he's showed remorse for what he's done, if you know of any please share them.

But I agree, a persons mistakes don't define them, how they deal with those mistakes does. If he's owned up and atoned for what he's done wrong, I would certainly respect him for it.

I see what you're saying, he tried to defend his attitudes when he was sued by saying he acted in self defense. He acted really bad when he said that.

But before all the suits, he always talked about how bad he felt for what he did with Erin. There is this quote from him to Rolling Stone: "I had an extremely volatile relationship with Erin. And I was projecting strong negative feelings about myself onto other people. I was attracted to people with similar dysfunctional traits, people that I was going to end up not really getting along with. And it wasn’t good for me or them, it just made me despise being with anyone or meeting anyone or having a good thoughts linked to someone." There are others too. He was talking about it often at that time.

He said that for Rolling Stone, and he was also doing therapy, but of course, he was still disturbed when he was with Stephanie.

And there is Don't cry video in which he even play a violent scene with Stephanie that actually happened between him and Erin, and it was really exagerated but was courageous of him assume this.

I see that Axl has mental issues, and he just get paranoid and delusional all of a sudden. And I feel sorry for him, because he can't control himself many times.

I stopped being proud of being his fan when I learned he was a wife beater. I'll always love his lyrics, and the art he creates, but it's hard to like him as a person after learning that.

The person who he is is not defined by being a wife beater. This is unfair with him, people are much more than their wrong actions and broken relationships.

He has his issues but he really worked to became a better person, he still does. I think Axl was very honest about his terrible behavior and disturbing views about women, he wasn't proud of what he did.

I've never read any article in which he's showed remorse for what he's done, if you know of any please share them.

But I agree, a persons mistakes don't define them, how they deal with those mistakes does. If he's owned up and atoned for what he's done wrong, I would certainly respect him for it.

I see what you're saying, he tried to defend his attitudes when he was sued by saying he acted in self defense. He acted really bad when he said that.

But before all the suits, he always talked about how bad he felt for what he did with Erin. There is this quote from him to Rolling Stone: "I had an extremely volatile relationship with Erin. And I was projecting strong negative feelings about myself onto other people. I was attracted to people with similar dysfunctional traits, people that I was going to end up not really getting along with. And it wasnt good for me or them, it just made me despise being with anyone or meeting anyone or having a good thoughts linked to someone." There are others too. He was talking about it often at that time.

He said that for Rolling Stone, and he was also doing therapy, but of course, he was still disturbed when he was with Stephanie.

And there is Don't cry video in which he even play a violent scene with Stephanie that actually happened between him and Erin, and it was really exagerated but was courageous of him assume this.

I see that Axl has mental issues, and he just get paranoid and delusional all of a sudden. And I feel sorry for him, because he can't control himself many times.

Yeah, the man obviously had, or has, issues. And if that's why it happened, and he's since gotten help for it, I can accept that. But I don't know that he has. The most recent info I have on the issue is that he was diagnosed as bipolar, prescribed medication, but he refuses to take it.

I do hope that what you're saying is true, that he's gotten help and that he's no longer a danger to himself or others. I just don't know if that's the case.

• Like 1

When I saw him in 2011 in Detroit. He fucking rocked that night. I saw Van Halen a couple of months later and Axl made Dave look old and goofy. Based on the 2 shows I saw.

But Eddie and Alex were on fire that night

Eddie and Alex> BBf, Ashba, Fortus, and Frank

Tommy> Wolfgang

Overall it was pretty close, but I liked the gnr concert better.

Edited by Mike420

Governors Ball Music Festival on Randalls Island

The group, which now consists of Mr. Rose and sidemen rather than the band of comrades from its 1987-91 heyday, is larger, slicker and even more cartoonish than it was in its early years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/arts/music/axl-rose-and-kanye-west-heroes-of-governors-ball.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Proud, when I was a teenager. Long time ago......

Not ashamed in 2008/2009, before seeing 2008/2009 Axl, still had 2006 Axl in mind.

Current days, it's kind of embarrassing to be a fan, when looking and hearing him.

back in the day I was proud to emmulate Axl...back when he beat the odds and produced something so phenominal that it rocked the world. Was and inspiration to small town white boys like me who dreamed of getting away from the confining constraints of small minded religious communities .

I could deal with the riot in St. Louis and even defend his eccentricity as being part of his drive to succeed . His personality was just part of his shtick . A sort of a means to an end that justified brilliant music and over the top concerts.

Where it when south for me was the whole taking over the GNR and the deliberate spite and alienation he demonstrated of that era and the fans who helped him get to the top. spanning from 2002 to present is so anticlimatic to the GNR story...

Perhaps it would be different if there was a aggressive progressive ongoing momentum going down.

Last time I really felt some sort of real thrill watching Axl perform was at this show: Philly '12. It was almost like '10 all over again, his voice, the mood, the grit, the energy still all in there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCrHW5PfuY

Man on man do I wish there was a recording of the show before that in Detroit. They were absolutely on FIRE at The Fillmore.