Mick Wall's view on CD and Axl

gunnari

We know Axl used his name on Get In The Ring..In this interview Mick tells he never told about the things Axl accused him for..Later Duff and Slash apologized Wall about the whole thing..One thing I agree what Mick said is that Axl is a controll freak and the worst thing you can do for a controll freak is give him full controll because things will never be quite finished and nothing is not ever perfect and Axl has reached kind of a stasis..You have probably seen this already and I expect newGnR fans attack me on this issue :P

They will only attack you if Wall says things that aren't 100% Axl worship.

If he isn't worshipping Axl's every move, then expect comments like

who cares what this loser thinks

this guy is a loser

he is just trying to axl's fame for publicity

he is just jealous of axl

etc

They will only attack you if Wall says things that aren't 100% Axl worship.

If he isn't worshipping Axl's every move, then expect comments like

who cares what this loser thinks

this guy is a loser

he is just trying to axl's fame for publicity

he is just jealous of axl

etc

Yeah..they never criticize Axl's actions...And in this interview Mick doesn't bash Axl..He even says CD has good tracks although considers the album as Axl's solo record and I agree too..I wonder if Axl has read Wall's "W.A.R. :shrugs:

Axl is my hero, but you have to think over the years why so many people can't work with him. Obviously I don't work for him, so it's not for me to judge, I'm about the music.

I could understand back in the day, when he was always pissed off on stage, but if you see a show from 2011 on wards, he seems to be a happier person. No ranting, no one in the crew being fired or whatever, a management he is happy with.... So why can't they release anything? On tour everything look perfect, with this tight band. When it comes to releasing DVD or albums or signing some baseball cards, then shit hits the fan, why? :lol:

My only issue with Wall is that he always seems to pop up as this all important source for Axl information. Axl made a huge mistake even mentioning him in the song. That book and the thousands of Axl interviews would have never happened. Mick has actually made money by being asked to suck someones dick.... think about that.

Mick Wall. Axl made that guy famous. Let's be honest. Alan Niven, Mick Wall, $lash they're all the same. They need money bad enough or attention they go back to bashing Axl. Whatever.

I don't think you can compare Slash to Mick Walk or Alan Nivan. Slash is a successful musician that continues to tour and release music. And even request in interviews not to be asked about Axl

I read Mick Walls Axl bio and I have to say I thought it was interesting but he totally threw Axl under the bus. He never mentioned any of the good points about Axl (yeah, there's a few...) he just focused on the usual stuff saying e was difficult and late all the time. I don't think it was an accurate portrayal but I don't either party so it is really hard to call. MW has a lot more to gain from an Axl feud than Axl does, and the book seemed to prove it. his account on Axl and CD seemed pretty accurate but I'm not sure he's listened to it on any other level than seeing if there was a slight mention of him in one of the songs.

Basically I'm not in favor of someone making money off a biased account and trying to sell it as the whole truth.

Like I said..............

Who gives a fuck what Wall thinks? He only wrote WAR (inaccurate as fuck btw) because he wanted to ride off Axl's fame knowing GN'R fans would buy it. That book is horrible shit.

The original Mick Wall book: "The most Dangerous Band in the World" with the full interviews is the good one.

Wall's a bitter bastard, I remember reading a piece of his where he was talking about Axl's voice in post-2001 shows... He dismantled performances from 2001-02 with nothing short of glee, but when talking about Rock am Ring 2006, where Axl sounded incredible, he started suggesting that Axl was using "assistance" of some sort... backing tracks or similar. He didn't even bother watching videos from several other 2006 shows in order to determine that every performance was unique, little vocal tics would have told him so and he'd have realised that Axl was just as capable in '06 as he ever had been. But that wouldn't have suited his agenda... So he either researched really poorly or deliberately was talking shite, either way he's a pretty poor journalist.

I don't think the sun shines out of Axl's arse, but Wall seems to delight in being destructive, horrible quality for a man to have.