Our band.

Spark

GnR has always been my favorite band.

But Axl's lack of releasing music has opened up my listening variety to tons of other bands over the past 15 years.

It's very sad as a die-hard Axl fan to only have one album of material from him since the classic line-up disbanded. I do feel jealous of fans of other bands that regularly release new music.

Can you imagine if Axl was like Prince? The guy routinely puts out albums, and then every few years cleans out his vault/library and releases that for his fans to enjoy. Sure, not all of it is gold. But can you imagine if we had 7-8 albums from Axl since 1996? Instead of just CD, we had 107 GnR songs to go along with all the material the classic band put out.

New and Old GnR are both my favorites. I like the disfunction to an extent, no other band is this interesting.

Second favorite is Avenged Sevenfold, then Chickenfoot, then a tie between Rush, Aerosmith, Journey, Shinedown, and a few others.

Guns N' Roses is my favorite band period. Wolfmother in a close second, though. Still, no other band has such a value in terms of album release than Guns N' Roses for me. A Guns N' Roses album would mean more to me than one album from each of my other favorite bands together. I have very little faith in Guns N' Roses both live and release-wise but if they manage to release an album, I bet the impact it'd have in me would be much bigger than any other band.

I have no problem telling people I'm a GNR fan but most of them don't even know what GNR is. But no, it's not my favourite band since I've discovered there are plenty of better bands out there.

Plenty better bands out there than Gn'R at their prime (AFD & UYI eras)? Can you please elaborate your thoughts? :)

Yeah seriously...I can't think of even 1

I understand that when you're a fan of a band, a big fan, you think that band is the best thing ever. But this is pretty subjective and it depends on your taste. Guns were one of the best bands (I wouldn't be here if I thougth otherwise) and I can understand you, but for me there are better songwriters, better musicians and better live acts. Guns had a lot of charisma, that's true, but sometimes that's not enough.

You want examples of bands I think are/were better? Queen , The Who, Springsteen and the E Street Band...

(Btw, I wanna add that "plenty" wasn't appropriate, "few" should be the word)

They will always be in my top 5 favorite bands I think. Although I drifted away during the silent years and I now listen to many different types of music, they will always be close to my heart. I remember being in about the 5th grade or so and hearing Paradise City and thinking WHAT is that? Then I got a look at Axl and as a young girl, there was/is just no breaking the spell for me.

I have all thier songs on the pod..but as of late i skip through them. To echo another thread, the whole drama and fiasco surrounded ing the past and current situation just taints it. In like a nuclear bomb out with a wimper.

When GNR hit it evoked a thrill that was unsurpassed by any other band and that is in part because I really got into the GNR story. CD just never got under my skin...try as I might I cant buy into it as being authentic GNR. For me the whole album seems so anticlimatic..like an afterthought or a comment on a great story long after its been told.

When your 21 and blasting down the highway full barrel listening to AFD or UYI the future ahead of you...destinations unknown... the music fit the era and mindset of the day. AFD was the soundtrack to my youth and its influences ..particularly Axls and it made for some of the best days to live through. On CD..I get depressed listening to it for the most part, its songs kinda sound like GNR, Kinda sorta replicate the monster I came to love but i dont relate to the band nor to the essence of the album.

Still my favorite band? Hmmmm the one I dedicate the most energy to. The only one where I go to a forum to get some group therapy and bitch and complain about and still the one where I check in to see if there is anything more left being said.

Look, GnR are a constant on my iPod and that's unlikely to change anytime soon... are they my favourite band still? well yes! mainly because I love the songwriting, it definitely has nothing to do with their work ethic. My favourite bands are based on the songs they make not the business decisions and touring (which is important but I don't think the 11yr old me cared all that much about that when he got into GnR).

I listen to a lot of music and I have found a lot of new stuff during GnRs off periods, I'm not going to wait patiently for new music... if they won't release anything new i have plenty of other bands to listen to... saying that they are still my favourite and one of the few that I care enough about that I'd be pretty down if they split.

Then I got a look at Axl and as a young girl, there was/is just no breaking the spell for me.

So looks of a singer are important to you?

Not in all cases for sure. I can absolutely enjoy music I hear on the radio without ever seeing the singer or even being interested in looking up a video or whatnot. It just so happens that I like Guns and I thought Axl was very attractive.

Guns is my favorite band and always will be. I listen to the records a lot. More than a lot.

I like all sorts of music, but I always come back to Gn'R, especially if I'm getting ready to go out. "Nightrain" is my anthem.

I consider Gn'R the greatest rock band ever. Yeah, better then Zep (don't like them at all, actually), better than the Beatles (too poppy). Which isn't to say I think those other bands are awful or untalented. But something about Guns N' Roses clicked for me since the first time I heard a song of theirs ("Sweet Child") in my youth. I haven't looked back since those early '90s. I was about 8 years old.

Edited by GnR Chris

GnR are still my favorite band with Green Day in 2nd place so I was probably one of the only people happy when Billie Joe Armstrong inducted them into the RNRHOF.

Thank god for Green Day. (yeah they suck). So does Axl's GnR. Actually Axl's gnr only sucks because Axl can't sing anymore and cant put out an album from when he could sing or write. Prove me wrong. Axl currently has the best of the best (supposedly) but you see anything original? Anything less than twelve years old? I'd totally pay 10 bucks to see Adler's Appetite over 120 for closeup of GnR.

I seriously don't know why anybody gives a fuck anymore, myself included.