Izzy

wfuckinga

Aren't you supposed to be the "Izzy Stradlin contact for IzzysArmy"? Pretty sure that's what it says in my email inbox ;)

For anyone unaware, no that is not Izzy on Twitter. He doesn't tweet or use facebook.

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1

Why are you asking if your own Twitter page is legit? You've bumped just about every other thread in this section in the last 24 hours, resulting in your thread/my question to you being buried on page 2.

Sorry for the Bump but I'd like to know why the "Izzy Stradlin contact" and admin of IzzysArmy is purposely promoting a fake Izzy account? :thumbsup: Not cool.

Okay, so the word seemed to be out a while back that "izzysarmy" was a legitimate contact of Izzy's on Twitter, who does not use the site himself. That was put into question during the recent Q&A, where Izzy's interview was initially linked by GNR's facebook, but then taken down completely. So is downliner saying that not only is izzysarmy a fake, but that it's run by wfuckinga?

This is disappointing and maddening because as leery as Izzy is of publicity already, this won't help. He's been so forthcoming w/Will, and then something like this.

I'm annoyed with myself, too. I never noticed the claims to be intimate with Izzy -- I never knew the (fake) name behind the FB page-- but I should've paid more attention to the offerings of "free" downloads, since digital piracy is something I normally notice.

Why are you asking if your own Twitter page is legit? You've bumped just about every other thread in this section in the last 24 hours, resulting in your thread/my question to you being buried on page 2.

Sorry for the Bump but I'd like to know why the "Izzy Stradlin contact" and admin of IzzysArmy is purposely promoting a fake Izzy account? :thumbsup: Not cool.

editz: lol

btw you and wfuckinga got too much time on your hands...

i think wfuckinga should be banned form here cuz the fake interview

Edited by Crash Diet

C'mon Crash, no need for the dig. I'm self-employed, renovating my house, got my girlfriend to keep happy, and a dog recovering from chemotherapy treatments who I make sure gets walked at least 1-2 hours a day. If anything I don't have enough time. I have about 2 hours free time each day at most, and sometimes I spend it chatting with other fans on GNR/Izzy forums or working on Evo. I've been on mygnr 9 years and only posted 340 messages - do the math. Less than 1 post per week.

I only looked into this because questions about IzzysArmy have been appearing in my inboxes time and time again throughout the year and Ive not previously had time to actually look into it. Then by chance I saw wfuckinga's post advertising yet another fake Izzy account.

I'm hardly Hercule Poirot here, I spent more time compiling my posts above than I did looking for his tweets (~15 mins). Its laid out as it is, with screenshots/links etc, so that fans can understand it easily and see where all of this fake imposter shit is actually coming from. His fake accounts are like a trail of breadcrumbs that even I managed to follow with my limited knowledge of Twitter.

Edited by downliner

Izzy's always was and still is one odd dude...I mean if he doesn't want to personally tweeter/FB he surely could (as many celebrities do) pay someone to do it for him. I mean it's an important channel for communicating with the fan base and promoting any new music he puts out. But like Axl has put it before: "Izzy's Izzy."

C'mon Crash, no need for the dig. I'm self-employed, renovating my house, got my girlfriend to keep happy, and a dog recovering from chemotherapy treatments who I make sure gets walked at least 1-2 hours a day. If anything I don't have enough time. I have about 2 hours free time each day at most, and sometimes I spend it chatting with other fans on GNR/Izzy forums or working on Evo. I've been on mygnr 9 years and only posted 340 messages - do the math. Less than 1 post per week.

I only looked into this because questions about IzzysArmy have been appearing in my inboxes time and time again throughout the year and Ive not previously had time to actually look into it. Then by chance I saw wfuckinga's post advertising yet another fake Izzy account.

I'm hardly Hercule Poirot here, I spent more time compiling my posts above than I did looking for his tweets (~15 mins). Its laid out as it is, with screenshots/links etc, so that fans can understand it easily and see where all of this fake imposter shit is actually coming from. His fake accounts are like a trail of breadcrumbs that even I managed to follow with my limited knowledge of Twitter.

I commend you for your efforts with your doggy, and I hope it turns out well.

• Like 1

I'd like to apologise to Will (Downliner) and everyone else for my actions in the past. The accounts have been removed. I've talked to an admin about this, and it won't be happening again.

Thank you. I really hope you now understand why this is a big deal. If there's anyone that deserves an apology from you though, it's Izzy.

I appreciate you coming forward publicly and I'm happy to leave things at that.

• Like 1

Ahaha! good job dude!

I KNEW that guy was a F.A.K.E. since discovering him years ago......I tried telling some fans on line but nobody believed me.

No way would Izz use some guy to do all his tweeting for him when he hates the whole premise of social networking.

& he never posted PROOF that he even knew Izzy with a picture for example.

I can't understand how someone can put so much effort into something fake & what for? ATTENTION?