Axl's looks : Do they affect his singing ability?

megaguns1982

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Axls performance is affected by the way he looks with the (slight) extra weight?

I know when i gained 10 kgs after quitting smoking it affected my self esteem and i just didn't feel confident in public.

Im not saying the guy is fat, just that as an observation.... on the 2006 tour he was slim.....confident...cornrows and singing awesome.....

Since then it kinda went down hill bar a few exceptions, WHat do you guys think?

He's a fat drunk who can't be bothered. Simple. If he wanted to he could be back to his 06 shape in a couple of months but he clearly doesn't give a shit.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 3

Guest Len B'stard

Yes, he's looks old and knackered and sounds old and knackered because, survey says, he IS old and knackered :lol:

And there's nothing wrong with all that, some of the best blues-smiths of all times sounded old and knackered towards the end of their career, you've just gotta be able to do something with it.

Yes, he's looks old and knackered and sounds old and knackered because, survey says, he IS old and knackered :lol:

And there's nothing wrong with all that, some of the best blues-smiths of all times sounded old and knackered towards the end of their career, you've just gotta be able to do something with it.

'cept that Muddy Waters ain't trying to pull off Welcome to the Jungle. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Now that'd be interesting, to hear a slowed down bluesy WTTJ, i feel it may fall flat on its face though :lol: it could work, the subject matters there...sort of.

I think so, I'm no expert on vocal health but I know a little. Most singers will tell you that you have to take of yourself otherwise you just can't pull of consistent performances. A singer should eat right, not drink or smoke excessively, Warm ups and downs, work out and get good rest... I honestly can't imagine Axl doing any of these things on a day to day basis, the proof is in front of us (wavering vocal ability and the weight gain).

He's a fat drunk who can't be bothered. Simple. If he wanted to he could be back to his 06 shape in a couple of months but he clearly doesn't give a shit.

"a fat drunk who can't be bothered"? I know that is your personal opininon, but you really don't know. As far as being fat, that depends on your definition of "being fat". Only axl knows how much or little he cares and the effort he gives during a given performance. But I don't get the drunk part of your statement. Back in his haze days it's pretty accurate to say Duff was a drunk, probably Slash also. What prompts you to say Axl is a drunk?

Nop. He is looking almost the same thing as 2010, and his voice was awesome by that time.
Don't know, the last time that GNR made a so big gap in the concerts was before the Bridge School Incident, and the results weren't the best ones. But maybe when things start again, we will see good things.

I don't know what is happening with him, maybe is a hormonal problem, or drinking problem, but he hasn't appeared drunk in the last months on public. Well... weird.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Axls performance is affected by the way he looks with the (slight) extra weight?

I know when i gained 10 kgs after quitting smoking it affected my self esteem and i just didn't feel confident in public.

Im not saying the guy is fat, just that as an observation.... on the 2006 tour he was slim.....confident...cornrows and singing awesome.....

Since then it kinda went down hill bar a few exceptions, WHat do you guys think?

He looked kind of shitty in 2010 and sounded the best he has since the 90s.

He looked kind of shitty in 2010 and sounded the best he has since the 90s.

i think he looked fine in 2010 at least you could see his face most of the time, now he covers up his whole face by hiding behind the hat and sunglasses and for me it takes away from the performance