[DONE!] - I'm gonna personally interview Gilby Clarke - Send me questions

ManetsBR

Ask him what it was like hanging out with Izzy on the road in Europe during those five shows he came to fill in when Gilby broke his arm. Was it awkward or was it cool?

Also, ask him whether or not he knew when he was jamming with Axl for two covers at a club in 2000 that the guy hadn't performed since early 1994.

And finally, ask him what advice he can give to musicians who are trying to succeed both creatively and financially.

Edited by rocknroll41

Do you consider 2012 the best year in your life because you got to see GNR in the Rock Hall and your daughter graduate?

Tougher business- the music industry or designing clothes?

What was the motorcycle you always wanted as a kid, and did you ever buy it?

Who's got a louder singing voice without a microphone: Axl or Ann Wilson?

Band I've been listening to lately:

Favorite stretch of road you've been on?

Because the UYI tour was crazy and probably didn't have time to sightsee, was there a city you wish you had spent more time at, and have you ever gotten the chance to go back?

Favorite LA based band that never got their due:

Edited by dalsh327

I think it would be really interesting to find out what his current relationship with Axl is. How many times have they met in the last lets say 15 years? Was there any communication between them at all?

• Like 1

ask him what it was like when axl randomly showed up in 2000 (his first public appearance in years) to play 'dead flowers' on stage. ask him if he has any audio or video of it that could ever surface one day.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=42

Thursday is a low-key night at The Cat of LA's Sunset Boulevard. Proprietor Slim Jim Phantom, ex-Stray Cats drummer and current self-styled Prince Of The Strip, has fun "slaughtering the FM classics" with his bar band, The Starfuckers, featuring ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke. But Thursday 22 June last year turned out to be something special: the night Axl Rose sang in public for the first time since the Use Your Illusion tour ended in 1993.

Phantom didn't spot him. Rose had become so reclusive nobody really knew what he looked like anymore. But the bartender advised his boss that the fellow with the baseball cap leaning on the bar was indeed the legendary hellion. "I wasn't sure," Phantom tells Q. "So I took Gilby over and tapped the guy on the shoulder. He turns round and Gilby says, That's not him! But Axl grins and says, Hey, Gilby, how're you doin'?"

Long estranged - Rose fired Clarke in 1994 - they talked until 4am. At one point, Rose got up with The Starfuckerrs for half an hour to scream the bejesus out of the The Rolling Stones' Wild Horses, Dead Flowers and other favourites.

ask him aout that

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was great! He's a funny guy, and I think he enjoyed a lot answering the questions. We talked about the Illusions Tour, being left out from Velvet Revolver, Axl's and Slash's thoughts on Pawnshop Guitars, how did it feel when Izzy was back on the band, Chinese Democracy and a lot more...

• Like 1

Yeah, it was great! He's a funny guy, and I think he enjoyed a lot answering the questions. We talked about the Illusions Tour, being left out from Velvet Revolver, Axl's and Slash's thoughts on Pawnshop Guitars, how did it feel when Izzy was back on the band, Chinese Democracy and a lot more...

Damn! I can't wait for that interview then! :D

Funny fact: when my friend gave Live Era for him to sign he said "I don't know if I can sign this. I was a hired musician!"

When, as a joke, I gave Chinese Democracy for DJ Ashba to sign on 2010 he signed and didn't say anything. :lol:

Dj Ashba tried to sign my ChiDem vinyl and I wouldn't let him. Not that he loses sleep,he's a millionaire with a hot ass wife. So far I have Ron,Tommy,Chris,Richard and Dizzy on it.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx