Would you buy a new album?

wfuckinga

Would you buy a new album?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure, I'd buy it. First day.

They will always be my favorite band, even as fucked up as things have gotten.

Any real Axl fan will always buy whatever album he puts out - no matter if it's great or otherwise. I'm in of course.

This kind of thinking is so weird to me. Like I have some sort of obligation to a famous person i dont know to buy things I don't want.

Is that was he is saying though?

I take that to mean more that if you are still at all positive about this operation, its because you like Axl. So you are going to buy his new effort. I can't imagine anyone in 2013 still willing to hear what Axl has to say musically is going to wake up one day and decide they are still salty over Axl's fax in 1996. Or his lack of promotion of the last album. Or any other thing he's fucked up along the way.

Its like my sig says. We are fans of a madman. We have long made our peace with his bullshit. Anyone still paying attention is not in the camp that feels Axl needs to get down on his knees and beg our forgiveness for past transgressions. The night of his chat here showed many are still in the camp. In addition to wishing those folks good luck with all that, they are also not people that are all that interested in the current goings on anyway. But man, could they talk about the Ritz show in '88 all the live long day.

• Like 4

I would buy it the day it came out. It's only 15 bucks. I spend that much for lunch. Heck, if somebody PM'd me that they had 10 unreleased GnR songs I'd send them $100 thirty seconds later.

I'll buy anything that Axl releases.

Shame that he doesn't care about sharing music with his fans though.

My favorite rock singer has released one album of original material in the past 20 years.

Of course I'll buy his next album.

My favorite rock singer has released one album of original material in the past 20 years.

Yeah, it sucks. My favorite rock singer has released one album in 20 years and my favorite rap producer has released one album in the past 20 years.

I sure can pick 'em.

Yeah, it sucks. My favorite rock singer has released one album in 20 years and my favorite rap producer has released one album in the past 20 years.

I sure can pick 'em.

LOL.

I thought your boy Vanilla released a rock-limp-bizquit type album a few years ago?

I know this sounds overly dramatic, but I think in the future when people look back at this generation of rock music, Axl's career will be listed as one of the greatest tragedies.

From 1987 through 1991 he releases three amazing albums and a killer EP.

From 1992 through 2013............a covers album and one new album with a new band.

It's like if Michael Jordan would have retired in his PRIME after winning a couple NBA championships...............and then came back to play an occasional few games here and there.

Even those who don't like CD generally praise a few of the songs. Usually Better, Twat and Catcher. Imagine if Axl had put out 5 albums during that 20 year period. So post-classic line-up, Axl had released 15 songs as good as Better, Twat and Catcher.

Axl could have ruled the rock world and brought the GnR name back to where it was in the late 80s and early 90s - if he'd simply released music. (Maybe not all the way back to the glory days, but surely equal or ahead of other old bands that are still kicking it live. They'd be selling out 15,000 seat venues instead of only selling 5,000 tickets).

If it sounded awesome? Yes!

I think eruption of Yellowstone Volcano big enough to kill all mammals on planet during our lifetime is like 1.62 more likely than ever seeing another album by GNR though.

Edited by LTD

I'm definitely buying it! also, anyone who says their going to (illegally)download it first to check it out should give up all rights to bitching and moaning about GnR not releasing new music. If people still bought records bands might be quicker to jump back in the studio... I'm aware GnR have always been a bit shy when it comes to the studio and releasing stuff but the point is still valid!

A huge yes! from me... I can't wait to see where they go with the new record... ya know, it's actually exciting when you get a record and you have no idea what it will sound like! it's like the 60s/70s heyday of rock where bands would change style every album Beatles/Zeppelin etc. they were obviously more prolific though :P

also, anyone who says their going to (illegally)download it first to check it out should give up all rights to bitching and moaning about GnR not releasing new music. If people still bought records bands might be quicker to jump back in the studio... I'm aware GnR have always been a bit shy when it comes to the studio and releasing stuff but the point is still valid!

Go fuck yourself.

• Like 1

I'm definitely buying it! also, anyone who says their going to (illegally)download it first to check it out should give up all rights to bitching and moaning about GnR not releasing new music. If people still bought records bands might be quicker to jump back in the studio... I'm aware GnR have always been a bit shy when it comes to the studio and releasing stuff but the point is still valid!

Yeah well... no.

also, anyone who says their going to (illegally)download it first to check it out should give up all rights to bitching and moaning about GnR not releasing new music. If people still bought records bands might be quicker to jump back in the studio... I'm aware GnR have always been a bit shy when it comes to the studio and releasing stuff but the point is still valid!

Go fuck yourself.
Yeah, sorry Tom. It's just the way the music industry is now. I'm not gonna risk wasting my money on a shitty album I might not listen to again. If I don't like at least half the tracks to some degree, I'll just download the couple that I did like, and that's that. That's not something I hold exclusively to Axl, but to all artists I listen to. Right or wrong, it's just the way the music industry has been for over a decade and a half. It's inevitable now. If Axl can't stand the heat, then whatever, stay out of the kitchen.

If I like what I hear, I'll buy it. If not, I'll save 15 bucks for take out.

• Like 2

Go fuck yourself.
Yeah, sorry Tom. It's just the way the music industry is now. I'm not gonna risk wasting my money on a shitty album I might not listen to again. If I don't like at least half the tracks to some degree, I'll just download the couple that I did like, and that's that. That's not something I hold exclusively to Axl, but to all artists I listen to. Right or wrong, it's just the way the music industry has been for over a decade and a half. It's inevitable now. If Axl can't stand the heat, then whatever, stay out of the kitchen.

Risk money? Hahahahahahaha 15-20$ is fuck all. We are not talking about investments of thousands of dollars. LOL

Edited by Powerage5

Go fuck yourself.

This is what I was saying earlier. My days of just handing out money to artists based on their prior accomplishments are LONG gone. I'm in the category of people who bought several copies of CD, but I love that album and have reasons why I bought many copies. The first and most valid reason is that I genuinely love the album. I don't like Going Down. At all. If that were the lead single off a new GN'R project, I'd have to hear a lot of the rest of it well before even considering making a purchase.

Absolutely. Definately. Hope we have the opportunity to purchase new GnR material. I was just looking at the thread about remembering when the illusions came out. I was barely out of high school and waited in line T midnight. For Chinese Democracy, I was at Best Buy when they opened, but this time had my 2 young children with me. I hope for the next one I won't have grandchildren with me to buy them. Hard to believe how much time has gone buy, really feels like great opportunities have been thrown away. Even so, I still can't help to be excited about hearing new music.

Edited by yourcrazy