Would you buy a new album?

wfuckinga

Would you buy a new album?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely. Only thing I wouldn't buy is the digital version.

But, if there is a CD and a vinyl version, I'll get both. Same goes if there were multiple covers and "Deluxe Editions".

Why no digital version?
You can just rip the cd version

Trick question... There will never be a new GNR album.

But if there was, I probably wouldn't buy it.

i streamed CD on MySpace and didn't like it so I didn't buy it. It's hard to imagine I'd feel too differently about the extra leftovers that didn't make the cut.

Also, pretty impressive that out of the largest online GNR fan community, a whopping 35 fans are eager to buy this hypothetical new album. No wonder the label isn't in a rush to cater to Axl's whims.

The poll shows that as fans we are wanting to buy the music which is in contradiction to some peoples opinions that we are all downloading motherfuckers

No, this poll shows that 35 people out of a community of over 25,000 want to buy this album.

With that logic only 3 of 25,000 said they wouldn't buy it.

And so far, only 137 members said that they would.

That's one of the main reasons why we won't see another GNR album. No interest. Another reason being, most logical people realize that GNR no longer exists.

I was honest and voted no because I thought Chinese Democracy sucked donkey dick. And I have no faith in the current members that we are pretending would be doing the recording on this supposed new album either.

I would definitely buy an album recorded by the classic lineup, though. That's why I'm here.

• Like 1

No, I didn't "cupcake and fail," you sissies.

MYGNR is The Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum In The World. 143 people on The Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum In The World are interested in buying a new album.

If you think those numbers are positive -- run with it. To me, it shows a lack of interest in new material.

Spin the numbers any way you like kids.

• Like 4

MYGNR is The Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum In The World. 143 people on The Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum In The World are interested in buying a new album.

If you think those numbers are positive -- run with it. To me, it shows a lack of interest in new material.

So how many copies will you buy if/when it's released?

So how many copies will you buy if/when it's released?

I don't believe in a new album. I think it's been made pretty clear that's not happening in my lifetime.
  • Like 2

Christ almighty. I mean, yeah, there's little to no interest in a new GNR album outside of die hards here, to argue against that would be foolish, but are you guys kidding yourselves with this "community of 25,000/53,000" stuff? :rofl-lol: I'd say at this point we're maybe a community of 200 (regular D&N posters) and that's being generous.

As for the poll, yes, I would buy a new album in a heartbeat, but I don't think for a second that it'll ever happen.

Edited by bacardimayne

Christ almighty. I mean, yeah, there's little to no interest in a new GNR album outside of die hards here, to argue against that would be foolish, but are you guys kidding yourselves with this "community of 25,000/53,000" stuff? :rofl-lol: I'd say at this point we're maybe a community of 200 (regular D&N posters) and that's being generous.

Doesn't that just further reinforce my point?

If the Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum On The 'Net is a "community of 200....and that's being generous," what does that say about interest in a new GN'R album?

?

Edited by John Bonham

Doesn't that just further reinforce my point?

If the Biggest Guns N' Roses Forum On The 'Net is a "community of 200....and that's being generous," what does that say about interest in a new GN'R album?

In 2014 it doesn't really say much. The most accurate way to gauge interest in something on the internet these days is probably Facebook and Twitter. Forums like these are usually just circlejerks consisting of people who joined years ago and sometimes aren't even interested in the subject anymore, just the community they've been a part of for so long. It actually amazes me how active D&N is, considering how little there is to talk about regarding the band. Compare it to other mostly dead 80s rock bands' forums and you won't see nearly that amount of activity that we see here.

That said, I'm not trying to refute your point. I completely agree that a new GNR album would almost certainly be a flop and that apart from a small legion of diehards, it wouldn't receive much attention. I just found the community of xx,000 claims funny is all. No harm or offense meant.

Besides, you could also argue it says a lot about the lack of interest in a reunion or GNR in general. :awesomeface:

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

Winning

If the majority of American households don't want a new album, if it doesn't sell 10 million on release it ain't worth listening to. I base all my listening habits on what everyone else listens to. That's art....

Mozart's a chump

Lou Reed too

screw you Frank Black

Neil Young ain't shit

These days, ya really gotta do everything ya can to make your album not shit to earn support. Love it or hate it, it's just the status quo these days.

Axl's not an exception to this rule. Make "maybe" an option.

Not really, there ain't many albums that ain't shit these days....and nearly all of em that sell, are shit. In my personal opinion, but then I like rock n roll so what do I know. Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney might be actually be the shit. According to the billboard album charts they are.