Would you buy a new album?

wfuckinga

Would you buy a new album?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Serious question. There seems to be lots of bashing the band because they have released one new album in my lifetime, but there also seems to be a cry to bring back Slash. How many of you would even buy the next GNR album?

I know I would, I'd wait in line at Best Buy all night if I had to in order to be first to the CD and LP.

Serious question. There seems to be lots of bashing the band because they have released one new album in my lifetime, but there also seems to be a cry to bring back Slash. How many of you would even buy the next GNR album?

I know I would, I'd wait in line at Best Buy all night if I had to in order to be first to the CD and LP.

Should re-make this as a poll, brah. If you want to, I can delete this one. If not that's cool too.

Either way; YES, I'll buy the next GN'R album.

Should re-make this as a poll, brah. If you want to, I can delete this one. If not that's cool too.

You know we have the power to add polls, right? ;)

Not until now. Powerage, could you delete the other one?

Not until now. Powerage, could you delete the other one?

Russ beat me to it :lol:

Several copies. Different formats, obviously.

And to the 1 who voted no, aren't you wasting your time here jackass?!

WTF is this shit? I'm not the one who voted no, but one doesn't have to buy albums to be a fan, especially in this day and age. And this is a forum for all eras of GNR, so if a poster sees the Nu project for the joke that it is and decides not to spend their hard earned money funding Axl's vanity trip, then that's just fine. If you have a problem with it, fuck off. Worry about yourself.

• Like 2

For anyone wondering about the the "No Vote" there are many reasons why one might not buy a GN'R album.

One example is what magisme said; if you really don't like it, or you do and it's not available in the format you prefer listening to. There's no law that says you have to purchase an album by a band you like just because it's their new album. Personal example: Fleetwood Mac. I like a lot of their material, I've seen them in concert many times over the years and I own a lot of their albums. However when their last album came out I listened to it and just didn't like it enough to warrant a purchase. I see GN'R as no different and why should I?

Another reason to say "No" is because of the day & age we live in. Many outlets don't even encourage the "Album" format anymore. Customers have the ability to pick and choose tracks and in some cases that benefits the artist. One user I know of just genuinely disliked Chinese Democracy outside of TWaT and Better. Because of today's market place, he was able to buy just those two tracks. That way he didn't pass on giving the band money altogether, but at the same time he was able to pay for only what he liked.

Just throwing those out there as examples of why someone might answer "No" to a poll like this.

• Like 1

I bought a CD LP and cd. I've worn out the cd twice, and am on my third copy of Chinese Democracy

That's great, man. I'm happy for you. Seriously. If you love the music and want to spend your money on it, that's a good thing. I wish I wanted to spend my money on CD. But I don't because I think it sucks. That doesn't make me a defective fan.