RICHARD FORTUS Says He Understands Why People Keep Pushing For Classic GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

gunnari

I don't understand why people still want a reunion. I hope it doesn't happen.

This is as logical as you being a fan of Guns N' Roses is...which is clearly illogical.

I think I'm finally over a reunion. The thought of it doesn't excite me anymore.

That makes me sad. :(

Don't do it. Do not give in to their temptation. You're much better than that.

I think I'm finally over a reunion. The thought of it doesn't excite me anymore.

That makes me sad. :(

Don't do it. Do not give in to their temptation. You're much better than that.

Who am I kidding? I'm just being a grump. If they had a reunion, I'd hop in my car to wherever I needed to go and pay whatever I needed to pay. I'm forever a loser like that. :lol:

• Like 2

Just the energy from the crowd alone for the first song of a reunion gig would be worth the ticket price... fuck axls voice, even if most of em are half the men they used to be, id love to see em all on stage together again at least one more time!

Call me me a hanger on or wtv u want, i know itll never happen but anyone here who says they wouldnt at least watch it is a fuckin liar

I don't think a reunion would capture or be as good as what they had in the 90s. I think it would be exciting to see the show, the big reunion show. Like them all walking out would be electrifying, the crowd would be going nuts. But whether they could do the same hell for leather type show they did with Axl about to storm off at any point, to get that edge and the tension back is unlikely, they would be like by the numbers GNR "innerducin' the band" type thing. It would all hinge on the record and how great it was, and given the lack of interest to compromise and the lack of anything to say more than Dancin' with Mr. Jungle in the Nightrain City it seems like it's a dead end or just not worth saying. We're all older, we're more mature, we quit drugs and we don't hate each other, we're over it, we're here for the fans, man. on a deeper level, it's like they don't really have a space to gather in. UYI there was and still is the feeling that Axl took over, Slash did his bit on Axl's stuff etc. but not in this magic place or anything that say Rick Rubin could say go back to that time where you were all together, on UYI it's not there. So they would be going back to just before AFD was released, trying to capture lightening in a bottle, almost impossible to re-create the essence of GNR at that time. So that seems out of the question, so it is more like "we're all sorry" when I don't think they are or I don't even want them to change that much just to do something they obviously don't really enjoy enough. Like re-live the nightmare for us. It doesn't feel right to want that.

P4A I agree people can change there minds however Axl is surrounded by people who do not want slash back. They would need convincing as well.

Also it's dragged on for so long that IF it were to happen, Axl would come of looking weaker that he is giving in or it could be seen as he had the problem or made the mistake. It's going against everything guns has achieved since 2001.

This 'axl looking weaker' bullshit is the kind of crazy jibberish that counts a great deal in the microcosm of obsessive online Axl fans, but means nothing at all to normal people in the normal world who love sweet child, think slash is cool and are blissfully unaware that songs like riad exist.

Who cares if Axl 'betrays all he's accomplished since 2001' when he's accomplished so pitifully little?

I think it would be exciting to see the show, the big reunion show. Like them all walking out would be electrifying, the crowd would be going nuts.

exactly, it would be electrifying, it would be absolutely huge.

reunion would be awesome, no matter what some internet losers might say..... and even if it wasn't that great, at least it would be better than what we have now.

• Like 2

I think it would be exciting to see the show, the big reunion show. Like them all walking out would be electrifying, the crowd would be going nuts.

reunion would be awesome, no matter what some internet losers might say..... and even if it wasn't that great, at least it would be better than what we have now.

Exactly!They wouldn't even have to do anything but just stand there,not moving,not playing,nothing for the first few moments and the crowd would still go fucking nuts!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I understand the fear most fans have. Many years ago I went to see The Sex Pistols reunion. And it was a really ugly act. So the last thing I want is for GN´R to clone that.

However I think the GN´R situation is different. First we have Axl reunited with Izzy, both were happy and we were happy. Axl reunited with Duff. They met by mere coincidence in the same hotel and it happened. Neither of us nor any record company executive or promoter forced those reunions

We all know that Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt are in good terms among themselves. Of course before serious thought of reunion they all must address their many issues. And of course that includes Axl, his behavior,his entourage, his voice, his current bad shape and everything we may bring to the table. But I believe that there is room for a reunion to be done the right way.

I´m not ganna be begging them for a reunion. But I won´t stop wishing for that to happen. I´d rather have the real deal and not this current bizzarre band with a bunch of hired guys and Axl milking the name GN´R

This thread makes me sick and is a perfect example why I will not post here any longer real soon.

Fuck yous all and your "reunion" bullshit.

I don't understand ppl posting here and wanting a retired Axl. If Axl retires then what, they are gonna leave the forum? They can't now cos Axl is still touring?

This thread makes me happy to see that Richard is a grown man and acts like so. He knows the value of the old band and how old-school fans will always prefer that version to nuGNR. I'm not sure Richard likes the music of the original band but at least he respects it. Some people should take note.

I find it hilarious he'd compare nugnr to Fleetwood Mac with Stevie or Van Halen with Sammy. They put out music.

To be a little closer in comparison, Motley with John Corabi. But even then, it was still basically the same guys minus the main man. nugnr is missing a really important piece and the whole rhythm section is different.

Compare this version of the band to the Joe Perry project. Shit, even that comparison is off because he released more music. Oh well.

• Like 1

This thread makes me sick and is a perfect example why I will not post here any longer real soon.

Fuck yous all and your "reunion" bullshit.

I don't understand ppl posting here and wanting a retired Axl. If Axl retires then what, they are gonna leave the forum? They can't now cos Axl is still touring?

People like me can still discuss the band that put out great music with great replay value with other people who love the band.

I didn't want this for Axl's career, but all in all, for whatever reason, he fucked up. The soap opera aspect to all of this is the only thing really making me keep tabs at this point.

But yeah, if all he's gonna do is half assed nostalgic touring and not give a wet fart while doing it, I rather him just call it a day.

• Like 1

Just the energy from the crowd alone for the first song of a reunion gig would be worth the ticket price... fuck axls voice, even if most of em are half the men they used to be, id love to see em all on stage together again at least one more time!

Call me me a hanger on or wtv u want, i know itll never happen but anyone here who says they wouldnt at least watch it is a fuckin liar

i'll watch it on youtube but i'm not gona pay for it, sorry (unless they make a new album)

but not in this lifetime

Can't wait for Don't damn me and fuck you attitude from 50+ year old men.

Then retire

Do not make his age as an excuse

New album is still a possibilty, but he seems doesn't want to push new records, so if we followed your logic: retire is the right option

Exactly!They wouldn't even have to do anything but just stand there,not moving,not playing,nothing for the first few moments and the crowd would still go fucking nuts!!!!!!

that says most of the people are idiots which is a fact, but not a good fact