RICHARD FORTUS Says He Understands Why People Keep Pushing For Classic GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

gunnari

GlideMagazine.com: How does it make you feel when people constantly criticize GUNS and your bandmates so unfairly?

Fortus: I get it. I understand people want what they remember the band as being. A lot of times, people have a hard time accepting. Fans of FLEETWOOD MAC before they got Stevie Nicks, if they were fans of Peter Green, they didn't get it. Most of those people, it took them a long time to accept FLEETWOOD MAC as a different band because it wasn't Peter Green. The same deal with the SANTANA band and all the changes that band went through. For people to accept VAN HALEN with Sammy Hagar singing, even though that was their most successful time and they sold more records with Sammy Hagar, a lot of people that liked VAN HALEN from the beginning didn't want to hear anything but David Lee Roth on it. Same thing with GENESIS. I have a hard time listening to GENESIS with Phil Collins singing after Peter Gabriel. It just goes on and on, the list is quite long. And I think it's harder when you change singers, because it's such a huge voice of the music and really that's like the most personal aspect and connection to a band is generally through the singer. And when you change that, it changes the character of the band. And in the same respect, changing anybody else makes it different as well. And it's a different band. A lot of people accept it and a lot of people don't. And that's OK.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-says-he-understands-why-people-keep-pushing-for-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion/#4Cbhy6ShLcsls2jv.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-says-he-understands-why-people-keep-pushing-for-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Edited by gunnari

Sorry for repost if it was here before but I wanted to point out that the current members of GnR understand why people want reunion, including DJ and Bumble and that they would go and see it if it were to happen :lol: I appreciate that they are not hostile to the concept..

Bumble's thoughts:

"If a reunion ever happens, I would hope that they would give me some free passes so that me and my wife could go [laughs]," he said. "You know, that doesn't bother me. I have no problems with anybody. I mean… I just did a signing last weekend with Duff!

"So does it bother me that people want a reunion? No! You know what? I love KISS, I love a whole [expletive] of bands and if there was a lineup that did an album that I totally loved, I would love to go see that lineup do those songs. It's normal. And it doesn't mean that I hate what's going on now."

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/march/ts04Bumblefoot_Talks_Original_Guns_N_Roses_Reunion.shtml

Edited by gunnari

No reunion for me. Axl's voice is gone.

His voice isn't gone though, he's just too lazy to use it. Check out almost any perfomance of You're Crazy that didn't come from a disaster show and it shows that if he got off his ass and tried, he could be at least as good as 2010 again. He just needs to quit being pampered by everybody because he's complacent. That is what isn't going to change though, so his voice might as well be gone. :shrugs:

• Like 3

I think believing a reunion would be shit is really just speculation. I also happen to think that no chance of a reunion is merely speculation as well. Certainly if other members here can live in a fantasy world where they think this is Guns N Roses and Axl sounds good, then hell, so can I.

• Like 2

I think believing a reunion would be shit is really just speculation. I also happen to think that no chance of a reunion is merely speculation as well. Certainly if other members here can live in a fantasy world where they think this is Guns N Roses and Axl sounds good, then hell, so can I.

Merely speculation? How many times does Axl have to say it before it sinks in? I mean... really.

No one lives in a fantasy world except those that think there's any possibility of a reunion. I'm not sure if you'll recall or not, but Axl sounded fucking amazing in 2010. Oh I suppose we're not allowed to mention that are we? He's been off and on since then, but whether you like it or not, he owns the name. Better to accept it, than live in denial believing in a delusion of a reunion.

• Like 2

People change their minds. Did Axl say things 20 years ago that he would disagree with today. Of course. And what he says today can be different than what he says tomorrow. That's not living in denial, it's a fact of life.

And yeah. Axl sounded ok in 2010, compared to the awfulness of how he sounded previously, anything was an improvement. However you might want to check your calendar. Welcome to 2013.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 1

P4A I agree people can change there minds however Axl is surrounded by people who do not want slash back. They would need convincing as well.

Also it's dragged on for so long that IF it were to happen, Axl would come of looking weaker that he is giving in or it could be seen as he had the problem or made the mistake. It's going against everything guns has achieved since 2001.

I bet universal must hate GNR for not reuniting because of the potential $$ it could bring. Azoff has already tried to force it.

Let me just start off by saying I think that CD was a decent album and I like the way Axl & Co sound now....for the most part, anyway....but they're still years away (most likely never) from even being compared to the original lineup.

As far as Fortus' comments....he was so far off the mark...it's almost sad....most of the bands he mentioned weren't very popular in their original lineups and ended up being more popular after (which is the complete opposite of the Guns N' Roses situation)....the only band that even compares would be Van Halen....but in reality, that's not even a good comparison because Van Halen released multiple albums with a lot of success after David Lee Roth....which isn't even close to reality with G N' R.

Edited by Kasanova King

No reunion for me. Axl's voice is gone.

His voice isn't gone though, he's just too lazy to use it. Check out almost any perfomance of You're Crazy that didn't come from a disaster show and it shows that if he got off his ass and tried, he could be at least as good as 2010 again. He just needs to quit being pampered by everybody because he's complacent. That is what isn't going to change though, so his voice might as well be gone. :shrugs:

That or he can't sing any more than one song with his voice.

I do hope is just laziness 'cause I would like to see him again on tour with his band. I saw him in 2010 and in 2012 and the latter was an awful show.

:lol:

I agree. Believing in a reunion is less delusional than thinking that this is Guns and that Axl sounds great. That's, IMO, the ultimate delusion.

• Like 1