Whole Lotta Love VS Welcome To The Jungle

Ace Nova

Whole Lotta Love VS Welcome To The Jungle  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not so sure about that. Jungle is a pretty mainstream "80s rock song" these days and it goes a lot harder than WLL does.

Maybe "normal" wasn't the best word to use in my post, but although WTTJ is pretty mainstream 80's, I still think a general poll of any random sampling of lets says 100+ people will result in WLL winning by a decent amount (obviously this forum isn't completely unbiased). LZ has more prestige (and probably more fans) than GNR, all arguments of who we like better aside.

Edited by OmarBradley

Of course the song that define old GN'R on a GN'R forum would beat a Zeppelin song in a poll.

I weighed both songs, though WTTJ has more original lyrics and vocal styles, the band itself can't live up to Page, Jones and Bonham. Axl was great but he pales in comparison to Robert Plant. Plant is a god and he still wipes the floor with Axl in his old age.

Of course the song that define old GN'R on a GN'R forum would beat a Zeppelin song in a poll.

Actually...that's technically and factually inaccurate (thus far) in the Stairway VS Child poll.....'Just sayin'.... ;)

Well that is because Stairway to Heaven is a vastly superior song. Still plenty of bias since SCOM got a lot of votes.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Guest Len B'stard

Gotta go with Whole Lotta Love, stands up better to time, it's an older song and it's like...still sounds cool. So does Jungle but Jungle seems quite put-on and, dare i say it a bit corny and atypical these days.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't like Zep much at all, belter of a track though, i love when that second verse kicks in with ' I been learning' ', the vocals are perfect, the guitar work is perfect, it just fuckin' nails it quite frankly. That little instrumental section with the little cymbal touches and that messy around with the guitar but my favourite, the pay off bit of the whole track, that DUN DUN!! with the guitar bit then DUN DUN and the guitar bit and then back into the main verse bit, really is sublime.

Part of my issue with Zep is they coulda been sick if they'd wanted, this song, black dog, heartbreaker, immigrant song, thats the kinda music they needed to be makin' :) Still, nevermind.

Part of my issue with Zep is they coulda been sick if they'd wanted, this song, black dog, heartbreaker, immigrant song, thats the kinda music they needed to be makin' :) Still, nevermind.

It was cool when they went balls-out, and that's mostly what they're known for, but you couldn't play like that the whole time. As a listener that'd be boring, much more as the ones playing it. So you search for other avenues to travel with the music. Go off on tangents or try this and that. It may not always work as well as the heavy stuff, but at the end of the day, you're Led Zeppelin, it's gonna come out good no matter what you do.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Unless the listeners me which was sort of my point, i guess it's a personal taste thing. And it's not like it's the balls out element of those songs thats all that makes em what they are, I mean far be it from me to lecture you on Zep or anything, i understand you're a fan but there's lots of little intricacies to those songs that make em as much as the drive of em. I just never got this all that meandering aimless feeling stuff. Zep sounded best when they sounded focused and driven and not pratting on with those silly lyrics that didn't seem to be about shit and just…i dunno, just seemed like…too soft for a band of their potential. But then there's people out there that love em for all that I guess so what do i know.

I actually prefer Jungle, but that being said, I think Black Dog is a better match up than Whole lotta love.

I'm basing my polls from the overall popularity of the songs...not necessarily style/content. (Although they do play a part).

Edited by Kasanova King