Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Aparently Amy isn't very good at math...

That I am my takeaway from the Amy quote. I don't get the 10 years part.
I think she meant to say something about how the breakup happened more than ten years ago. Just goes to show the importance of grammar and sentence structure.

Huh? That is exactly what she wrote. There is nothing with the grammar or structure of the sentence that suggests she meant they broke up 10 years ago. It was sloppy to not be more precise, sure, but it is obvious she meant MORE than 10 years ago.

Luckily we have you to tell us what somebody else "meant". Arrogant much?

She wrote, and I quote, "over 10 yrs ago". If pointing out that this probably means she meant "more than 10 years ago" makes me arrogant, so be it :D

Erin is Axl's brother? Granted Axl comes from a hick background which may explain the inter-breeding but, christ, Erin's sex operation was successful! Also, Surely that would make Axl a son of one of the Everly Brothers?

What is all this hatred for Axl lately? How can a person, who considers himself a 'Guns N' Roses fan', possibly dislike the guy who wrote most of Guns N' Roses's greatest lyrics and did all of their vocals! No Axl? No, SCOM, Jungle, Rocket Queen, Civil War, Locomotive et al.

Hypocracy of the highest order.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has posted this or not I'm quickly skimming through the posts...but if Axl seriously wanted to avoid any of this getting into the hands of fans/public he has the $$$ to buy it, which yes is ironic and funny because he'd be giving Erin the $$$ but I guess there's a price to pay if you want this stuff to stay as private as possible??? He can either not give a shit about any of it or get whatever the hell he does give a shit about...

So its wrong for Erin to sell personal items, but right for Axl to keep the name.

:lol:

I love this forum.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You hit the nail right on the head! :lol:

Can you guys explain how selling personal things that someone else wrote with no intention of it ever becoming public is in any way similar to keeping something you yourself came up with? Just curious.

• Like 2

So its wrong for Erin to sell personal items, but right for Axl to keep the name.

:lol:

I love this forum.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You hit the nail right on the head! :lol:

Can you guys explain how selling personal things that someone else wrote with no intention of it ever becoming public is in any way similar to keeping something you yourself came up with? Just curious.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I don't see the two situations being at all similar. One is a business issue regarding ownership of a trademark/brand name, and the other is a personal issue.

Ali

• Like 2

It's definitely not the same thing. I thought that post was funny. Without derailing the thread, Axl came up with the name but Guns N' Roses would have never been what it was without the collaborative effort of the other guys. When Axl had the opportunity to prove he was GN'R he failed miserably.

On topic: I still think Erin can do whatever she wants with the stuff Axl gave to her 25 years ago.

It's definitely not the same thing. I thought that post was funny. Without derailing the thread, Axl came up with the name but Guns N' Roses would have never been what it was without the collaborative effort of the other guys. When Axl had the opportunity to prove he was GN'R he failed miserably.

On topic: I still think Erin can do whatever she wants with the stuff Axl gave to her 25 years ago.

But we have absolutely no way of knowing what the band would have been like without the other guys. I mean, it's highly doubtful that it would have been anywhere near what it was, but it is a possibility (No matter how small.) that it could have been as big, or even bigger. That's not taking anything away from what they accomplished together, but the name always would have been Axl's.

But we have absolutely no way of knowing what the band would have been like without the other guys. I mean, it's highly doubtful that it would have been anywhere near what it was, but it is a possibility (No matter how small.) that it could have been as big, or even bigger. That's not taking anything away from what they accomplished together, but the name always would have been Axl's.

And we have absolutely no way of knowing if the band could have ended playing bars if the rest of the guys would have never been in Gn'R. Remember, it goes both ways.

To say that Axl kept the name because he came up with it...? Not really. Let's just say that he kept the name because the other guys were too dumb to let it go easily.

• Like 1

Axl's sister Amy Bailey has commented on Erin's charity auction:

tumblr_mwmb27MPfp1qjtr1eo1_1280.jpg

it's weird that her sister calls him "axl".... wouldn't it be more normal to call him bill ?

His legal name has been Axl for quite some time, so, no, it wouldn't be more normal to call him "Bill", IMO.

Ali

William Axl Rose

Bill short for William.

Rusty

W. Axl Rose not William Axl Rose. He hated the name William and only kept the initial. Probably because it spells WAR. :lol:
Yeah it's W., not William. Mick Wall is retarded and can go fuck himself wrong.

And Axl Rose is an anagram for Oral Sex :lol:

And we have absolutely no way of knowing if the band could have ended playing bars if the rest of the guys would have never been in Gn'R. Remember, it goes both ways.

To say that Axl kept the name because he came up with it...? Not really. Let's just say that he kept the name because the other guys were too dumb to let it go easily.

I knew that was a possibility as well. Even a probability that it wouldn't have been anywhere near as big, but we'll never know. I suppose we (Me mostly.) should quit derailing the thread though, so I'll just agree with your point. Would have been better for everyone had they been smarter, I believe.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I wonder what all those who think Erin can do what she wants with her things would think if Axl decided to sell/auction pics of Erin in bed, in the shower, letters and all the personal and private stuff he might have. Classless, petty, selfish,disrespectful or pathetic would probably be the nicest words he would be described with....

I wonder what all those who think Erin can do what she wants with her things would think if Axl decided to sell/auction pics of Erin in bed, in the shower, letters and all the personal and private stuff he might have. Classless, petty, selfish,disrespectful or pathetic would probably be the nicest words he would be described with....

I call dibs of the bed and shower pics. Kthx

I would feel the same way I do now. It's his property, from a time period of HIS life, and he can do whatever he wants with them.

And like I said earlier. If I ever became rich and famous and some ex from 20 years ago sold the love notes I gave her.........who cares. (I've never physically beaten any of my ex's, so that might change the equation around a bit). MODS - not flaming the abuse thing - just using it as a point of fact. I don't really care that she is selling her own personal items........but I also think that the first time her ex smacked her, he lost the right to any "ownership" he might have had with these items.

I'd bet money that about 8 posters on here care more about this than Axl actually does.

All the people who defend and praise 99.9% of everything Axl does are the main group on here that are freaking out and blowing this out of proportion. If Axl doesn't want it out there, take a few grand from his reported 150 million dollars and buy it. Ten grand to Axl is like you or I spending $5 on a subway sandwich.

• Like 1

If Axl would have died, and Erin sold these after, you all would be going "wow, how sweet, she kept everything".

Erin has moved on and has remarried - she can make money off all this stuff she no longer cares for.

If Axl would have moved on, he wouldn't have cared about this. Axl Rose is incapable of moving on.

I fall into the category who thinks that it's within Erin's right to do what she pleases with her own personal property, but selling long-lost love letters and some of Axl's personal notes is a bit shameful. I think it's really cool that some die-hard GNR fan has an opportunity to obtain that's part of GNR's legacy (like the shirt worn in the video for Jungle), but to sell personal items is really rather tawdry move. It's akin, in my opinion, to someone selling Madonna's used underwear that were thrown in the garbage.

Mind you, if the reports of physical violence are true, then I'm a bit more inclined to justify the move as karma coming back to bite Axl in the ass. Anyone man who causes a woman physical harm probably deserves a lot more than having his old love letters read aloud.

Maybe she still loves him. She stayed with him for four years despite the violence and cheating, so I take it her feelings for him run deep.

Since we are discussing the content of the letters (which admittedly puts him in a good light but which could still be hurtful to him if they were disclosed) I think I remember that he claimed in one of the letters that he was never unfaithful to her.

Do you have the exact quote? I can´t believe Axl said that! I think we all have listened to RQ. And Erin is not the one we hear. The song was recorded at the time Axl and Erin were dating. In those days Axl was wild about everything like all the guys in the band.

Maybe his idea of being faithful was different. I don't remember he saying it, anyway. I remember he saying in a letter he wasn't look for anybody else, like he was being faithful but just that time, not throughout the entire relationship.

Edited by Miss Paradise