Top Gear

Snake-Pit

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC over 'fracas' with producer
Motoring show pulled from Sunday night schedule as BBC investigates incident involving controversial presenter

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson “following a fracas” with a producer.

He was put on what was called his final warning last year following a racism row after claims that he used the N-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

A BBC spokeswoman said: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

“No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.”

Pulling the show will have potentially huge consequences for the BBC. Top Gear is one of the BBC’s most valuable properties, making more than £150m in revenue for the broadcaster’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide.

It is also BBC2’s most popular show, watched by more than 5 million viewers on a Sunday night.

This Sunday’s episode was set to feature the trio – Clarkson with Richard Hammond and James May – getting to grips with classic cars such as a Fiat 124 Spider, an MGB GT and a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet.

They were set to take to the road and end up at a classic track day, while Gary Lineker was the “star in a reasonably priced car”.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/10/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-bbc-producer

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC over 'fracas' with producer

Motoring show pulled from Sunday night schedule as BBC investigates incident involving controversial presenter

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson “following a fracas” with a producer.

He was put on what was called his final warning last year following a racism row after claims that he used the N-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

A BBC spokeswoman said: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

“No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.”

Pulling the show will have potentially huge consequences for the BBC. Top Gear is one of the BBC’s most valuable properties, making more than £150m in revenue for the broadcaster’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide.

It is also BBC2’s most popular show, watched by more than 5 million viewers on a Sunday night.

This Sunday’s episode was set to feature the trio – Clarkson with Richard Hammond and James May – getting to grips with classic cars such as a Fiat 124 Spider, an MGB GT and a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet.

They were set to take to the road and end up at a classic track day, while Gary Lineker was the “star in a reasonably priced car”.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/10/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-bbc-producer

I once got scared Phil Robertson got kicked off of A&E's reality show Duck Dynasty, now Big Black Cock have done the same to Jeremy Clarkson.

Depending of course what JC did to annoy the Big Black Cock, I don't know, I just hope he has the desire to and the leverage to overcome this to save Top Gear.

I guess this tweet could be releated also:

Asked about the Clarkson incident, co-presenter James May told BBC News: "I think he's been involved in a bit of a dust-up and I don't think it's that serious." He said he had not been present.

Earlier on Wednesday, Clarkson's retweeted a message to his 4.5m Twitter followers from a Top Gear viewer which read: "How can BBC not show the remaining episodes of Top Gear, can't this be resolved without making the fans suffer?"

He had exchanged suggestions on Twitter with Top Gear co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May about films that could be aired in place of the Sunday's planned episode.

BBC News special correspondent Lucy Manning said sources had confirmed reports Clarkson was suspended for "allegedly hitting a producer".

"The incident is believed to have happened last week, but was reported to the BBC on Monday and dealt with on Tuesday," she said.

"The next two episodes of Top Gear will not be broadcast and it's understood that a third programme, the final of the series, is unlikely to be transmitted."

The Daily Mirror has named the producer involved in the alleged incident, which it said took place after filming in Newcastle over a lack of catering. The BBC said it had no comment to make on the report.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31832698

Edited by Daedalus

THE SNAKE-PIT NEWS

The alleged incident happened in Newcastle upon Tyne, apparently the Top Gear presenter found that production hadn't provided food (for anyone I imagine), they saw red, and, hasn't publicly shown remorse... But...

I don't know when the incident happened, but that the Big Black Cock made it's decision yesterday when the story broke.

His reaction was

'I'm going to the pub until this all blows over'

and went to The Ladbroke Arms in Notting Hill.

2684777500000578-2988412-image-m-36_1426