Top Gear

Snake-Pit

I like the fact it occurred in the toon.

One of my mates best friends got killed in Newcastle a couple of weeks back, did you hear anything in the papers? Fight in a pub, turned fatal.

Someone is stabbed to death in Newcastle virtually every night! Do you know the name of the pub?

One of my mates best friends got killed in Newcastle a couple of weeks back, did you hear anything in the papers? Fight in a pub, turned fatal.

Someone is stabbed to death in Newcastle virtually every night! Do you know the name of the pub?

No but it was very recently, like 2 weeks-ish. And he weren't stabbed i don't think.

Edited by Len B'stard

4c4b1de5a46b673c.jpg

Maybe in Newcastle? :lol:

Steve Coogan might be taking over Top Gear! Y'know what, I'd watch every episode if he did, Alan Partridge doing Top Gear, i love it :lol:

I'm skeptical about anyone replacing Clarkson, but Coogan is literally the only person I'd be OK with. Source on this?

I used to fucking love Top Gear but now I can't really watch it. I mean I knew that it was all staged in the past but now it's gotten to the point where they can't even be bothered to pretend otherwise.

this, I think I no longer watch it because I've grown up

I do agree, the staged antics have gotten pretty over the top at times, I still like the show just as much as ever though.

Jup, love that special!

Yup, all specials are great! That's one of the earliest if I recall correctly. There's also one where they do this music benefit/charity thing, it's about 30 minutes long, can't remember what it's called. I think those are the only two non-canon ( :lol: couldn't think of a better word) specials.... and the Top Gear at the movies thing that May and Hammond did.

Really though, I wish they'd at least air the last 3 episodes. Why do we as fans have to suffer here? It's just the BBC's bluff towards Clarkson making a statement that they'd sack him if they must.

Yeah that's what I'm most pissed about. If they're cancelling the show and firing Clarkson, yeah that sucks, but at least finish the season out. Although, I think the last two episodes need a decent amount of filming to be completed, the third to last as I understand is quite nearly ready for airing.

Edited by OmarBradley

But a lovable cunt nonetheless.

If anyone is so truly offended by Clarkson to the extent that they are driven to start campaigns against him and file complaints with the BBC.... the problem is with them, not Clarkson.

He's a dick (or cunt for you across the sea), but he's harmless. There are quite a few MP's I can think of who deserve far more negative attention than Clarkson does, but sadly they don't receive it to same degree. In fact, I'd argue that JC & co. have done quite a bit for Britain, especially national image and British car sales (I'm assuming, no data to support).

Define harmless? In a direct way nothing anything anyone says is ever really harmful but that don't mean it's not a bad thing to have a dick like that on TV. And people can bang on about 'ohh it's political correctness gone mad!' but really there's just a really sad post-lad culture thing going on as i watch my generation rapidly approaching middle age that actually rate this old grey cock. He's just an odious personality and I'm surprised it's taken people so long to read him cuz it appears obvious to me after listening to him for 30 seconds. He represents the stuck up entitled middle class who think they're innately superior to anyone of a different race, creed, height, gender etc insert whatever denominational thing. Now I wouldn't call for no one to be put out of their job cuz i don't work like that but i certainly wouldn't be bothered if a cunt like that weren't on the telly no more.

Honestly, 'hurr hurr, Mexicans are lazy and feckless, hurr hurr' and everyones like 'oh it's his sense of humour!', OK, where's the joke in that, explain to me the punchline of that? There ain't one, it's just a ridiculous stereotype that if he didn't make the wise choice of basically picking the lowest people he could that he thought wouldn't evoke a response, can't do blacks, can't do muslims, can't do jews, find the softer touch, he would've got bummed for that.

Not to mention his fuckin' numerous other 'gaffes'. Now there's nothing wrong with humour, or even race humour, risque humour, I'm all for it...but fuck me there's got to actually be some kinda humour there or you're just being a cunt.

If the beeb see fit to pull the chain on Russell Brand over what was CLEARLY a fuckin' immature misguided joke then, by the same reckoning, Clarkson should get proper fucked. But he won't because he represents a different set of interests and demographic than someone like Russell, one they actually care about. Dinosaurs are alive and well.

But y'know what fuckin' pains me, y'know what REALLY keeps me up at night? The idea that Clarkson has 'done quite a bit' for Englands national image, that i might fuckin' go somewhere and people somehow equate me and my mentality to that fuckin' old cunt. That is the scariest bit of all. Though it shouldn't be, not like we have a decent reputation abroad anyway, so i hear.

Edited by Len B'stard