Richie Sambora: A Good Replacement for Ron?

Kush

Since 'Oh My God' and 'Silk Worms' seem to be a time and headspace that Axl would rather forget, I don't think a shredder "virtuoso" or any other type of guitar wankery would be a requirement any longer if Ron were to actually quit.

Considering the Neil Young and AC DC covers, plus basic songs like 'Going Down', how would you guys feel if it were announced that Richie Sambora was BBF's replacement? Personally, I think he'd fit in quite nicely into what Axl's current vision of Nu Guns is.

Richie+Sambora+Aftermath+of+the+Lowdown+

Who would play the harder bucket parts?

Those songs could be dropped from the setlist entirely and be barely missed at all.

I think Axl is more interested in the Neil Young and AC/DC covers than he is Chinese Democracy material.

I guess others saw the similarities between the bands (today's Nu GNR and Bon Jovi) and thought why not?

I can see why this gets brought up a lot to be honest. Like I said, I dig Richie a great deal but I just don't think he'd work in GN'R.

I guess others saw the similarities between the bands (today's Nu GNR and Bon Jovi) and thought why not?

*cough* bullshit *cough*

*cough* more-truth-to-it-than-most-would-like-to-believe *cough*

He wouldn't dare go from Bon Jovi's ego to Axl's.

This

Besides Richie is already rich and famous. He doesn´t need Axl to promote himself and be somebody in the music business. Most likely he would have his solo project if he wants to make more music

I just linked to the other threads in case anyone wanted to read more. Thanks though Jim.

jim_display_image.jpg?1283893647

Edited by metaforcesaber

I wonder if Richie would get along with Axl?

It would be interesting to see and hear.

After all these years, Richie leaving Bon Jovi couldn't have been easy, but I think he and Jon must have butted heads a couple of times over the years.

I'm sure Richie doesn't have to work at all anymore with all the money he'll get from Bon Jovi sales, but it would be interesting to see him and Axl work together.

He's not a bad guitarist, but I don't like what's become of Bon Jovi. The band has become sort of a sell out. The went from a rock band to a country band to a pop band.

I said it in the other thread twice, if bumblefoot leaves, I can't see axl bringing in someone new. I think he will either try to bring back Robin or Buckethead or make it just Dj and Fortus.

I really don't want Dj being the sole lead guitarist.... Pitman knows how to play a guitar, he's useless as a keyboardist. Make him rhythm guitar and Fortus lead.