Chinese Democracy may become the most underrated album in history.

Ace Nova

I think Ratt's 2010 release Infestation is extremely underrated. Fans just weren't ready for a more mature sounding Stephen Pearcy. The album did receive fairly positive reviews.

I think that in twenty years people will look back and realize that it was a classic. And will hail it as Ratt's best album.

That just sounds crazy

It really is too complex for people of today to understand.

I think by 2025 people will realize what a brilliant album it was.

That's usually the time it takes real genuis to be understood- i.e., Freud, Leary, Huxley, Einstein, etc.

It's cool to hate on Chinese Democracy. I'm just glad that me and those who listen without prejudice, enjoy CD and rate it as a very good album. You can hate on it all you want, you don't decide what I or anybody else chooses to listen to.

I love that what I said just shut you the hell up and all you have to come back with is "I can listen to and like whatever I want. Na na na boo boo" GnR fans, like myself who were 100% in Axl's corner WANTING to love the album do not listen to it without prejudice. We all had prejudices going into it hoping to love it. It was going to take a LOT for many of us to dislike it and not too much for us to love it. The ones who can sit back and say they do not enjoy an album by one of their favourite music artists ever are pretty fucking objective I would say. It's those who say it's a masterpiece and a great album and who defend the almighty at every turn that you have to question their objectivity. My criteria for a good album is whether I like it or not. I don't fuck around on an internet site breaking it down piece by piece and talking about how much the songs mean to Axl and how "interesting" the layers are to determine my level of appreciation for the album. I don't desperately need to search for reasons why it's good. I either think it's good or I don't. That's being objective.

It's cool to hate on Chinese Democracy. I'm just glad that me and those who listen without prejudice, enjoy CD and rate it as a very good album. You can hate on it all you want, you don't decide what I or anybody else chooses to listen to.

I love that what I said just shut you the hell up and all you have to come back with is "I can listen to and like whatever I want. Na na na boo boo" GnR fans, like myself who were 100% in Axl's corner WANTING to love the album do not listen to it without prejudice. We all had prejudices going into it hoping to love it. It was going to take a LOT for many of us to dislike it and not too much for us to love it. The ones who can sit back and say they do not enjoy an album by one of their favourite music artists ever are pretty fucking objective I would say. It's those who say it's a masterpiece and a great album and who defend the almighty at every turn that you have to question their objectivity. My criteria for a good album is whether I like it or not. I don't fuck around on an internet site breaking it down piece by piece and talking about how much the songs mean to Axl and how "interesting" the layers are to determine my level of appreciation for the album. I don't desperately need to search for reasons why it's good. I either think it's good or I don't. That's being objective.

Confucius say even objectivity is subjective.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I think Ratt's 2010 release Infestation is extremely underrated. Fans just weren't ready for a more mature sounding Stephen Pearcy. The album did receive fairly positive reviews.

I think that in twenty years people will look back and realize that it was a classic. And will hail it as Ratt's best album.

That just sounds crazy

It really is too complex for people of today to understand.

I think by 2025 people will realize what a brilliant album it was.

That's usually the time it takes real genuis to be understood- i.e., Freud, Leary, Huxley, Einstein, etc.

Rose, Pearcy, Cool J.......

LOL.

So if one likes the album, it's because they listen without prejudice. If one doesn't like the album, it's because they listened with prejudice?

And you can LOVE on it all you want, YOU don't decide what I or anybody else chooses to listen to. (see how that works?)

Who says it's "cool" to hate a rock album? Who determines that, and who actually says it out loud?

LOL - you might want to go delete your entire post. Because it really makes no sense.

It's definetly NOT cool to hate Chinese Democracy. There's nothing cool about it. Not in real life, not in a fan forum. Honestly, I don't even see people "hating" it. Most of the criticism is based on arguments, not silly "it sux!!!" comments. Of course, people will make fun of it sometimes, but that's not the problem. The problem is being so sensitive and passionate about an album.

My favorite album ever is The Fragile by NIN, which Damn_Smooth made fun of recently. U2 is one of my favorite bands, and it gets lots of criticism in this forum. I really don't care if people hate them. I won't try to explain to them why it's great to me. I won't say the album will be appreciated in 20 years. This is blind fanboyism and it's silly.

• Like 3

It's definetly NOT cool to hate Chinese Democracy. There's nothing cool about it. Not in real life, not in a fan forum. Honestly, I don't even see people "hating" it. Most of the criticism is based on arguments, not silly "it sux!!!" comments. Of course, people will make fun of it sometimes, but that's not the problem. The problem is being so sensitive and passionate about an album.

My favorite album ever is The Fragile by NIN, which Damn_Smooth made fun of recently. U2 is one of my favorite bands, and it gets lots of criticism in this forum. I really don't care if people hate them. I won't try to explain to them why it's great to me. I won't say the album will be appreciated in 20 years. This is blind fanboyism and it's silly.

It is a great pleaure to explain things that are great to me. It is the essence of fandom. The Fragile is my favorite NIN album. I think The Fragile is Trent's Chinese Democracy. In my opinion they both rank as two of the most underrated albums of all time.

Fantastic post.

I've never understood why people get mad if random strangers don't like the same exact music that they do. Weird.

• Like 1

Well explained.

Some Chinese Democracy fans are very sensitive and they lose their minds if they don't see everyone else loving the album they love.

The Fragile is an amazing album, btw.

It is a great pleaure to explain things that are great to me. It is the essence of fandom. The Fragile is my favorite NIN album. I think The Fragile is Trent's Chinese Democracy. In my opinion they both rank as two of the most underrated albums of all time.

I enjoy discussing about things that are great to me too. But I explain why I like them, not how other people will enjoy it one day.

• Like 1

It's definetly NOT cool to hate Chinese Democracy. There's nothing cool about it.

Honestly it's tough to even muster a single thought about it unless somebody else here brings it up. People would probably have to think about it a hell of a lot more in order to hate it. It came and went, and that was about it.

Put out videos for Better, SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL now and it would probably go No. 1.

I honestly think if they promoted it on a full scale level and rolled it out the right way it'd have a good shot. It could make history again. The rerelease could top the original release.

Edited by Mr. Dude

CD certainly deserved more exposure and sales than it originally received but, 'most underated album in history'? Nah. I can think of tons more albums more worthy of that accolade. Try the Stones' Goats Head Soup and Queen's Jazz for starters.

I like Goat Head Soup, but from an artistic standpoint and creative perspective as well as its delayed critical acceptance its more up Exile's alley. They both share this kind of alienated, righteous indignation, outcast-mentalitiy.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Also the material is similar in that they are good songs but not necassarily that commercial but the experience of the whole album is its strength. CD has a few more potential singles and is less druggy but still it has the same outlaw vibe.

Edited by wasted

Also the material is similar in that they are good songs but not necassarily that commercial but the experience of the whole album is its strength. CD has a few more potential singles and is less druggy but still it has the same outlaw vibe.

Its more outlaw than outlaw. Its beyond outlaw. They both have an aura of psycho-political recrimination hanging over them. Post outlaw.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Its more outlaw than outlaw. Its beyond outlaw. They both have an aura of psycho-political recrimination hanging over them.
CD is Dylan goes Electric meets a WWF feud.

Its more outlaw than outlaw. Its beyond outlaw. They both have an aura of psycho-political recrimination hanging over them.

Its theatrical moralism laced with spritually benevolent bragadocio.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I guess you should be less sensitive about it then

Its theatrical moralism-spritually benevolent bragadocio.
Spiritual narcissism at its finest. The perfect album for Operation: Facebook Virus.