Ron's latest tweet

UK SUBS

"Don't bite the hand that feeds....."

Not exactly.

He said, "if you bite the hand that feeds you....you will go hungry".

So, you KNOW that was about Ron, or you think/believe it was?

To know for certain, you'd have to know from DJ, since it was such a vague statement.

Ali

I think Subs is insinuating that he was told the original tweet is about Bumblefoot. He isn't the type of person that would speculate without saying so...

Hopefully Bumblefoot is out of the band. He seems like a cool guy on a personal level and definitely less embarassing than DJ Ashba. I just don't think that a virtuoso shredder fits with GN'R's sound, whereas DJ's playing (albeit a rip off of Slash) just has that bluesier sound that fits with what the majority of GN'R fans enjoy more and attracted them to the band in the first place.

EDIT: just get the old guys back together FFS. But if they're going to just do an original-GNR greatest hits show, at least have guitar players that suit the sound.

Edited by hellobeatle

No other band would let there members perform there own solo songs during a show, especially all members. There is too much self promotion for there own solo careers to walk away from GNR.

yeah ron got fucked about when he booked shows in jan/feb then had to cancel them for GNR, for them to only cancel there own plans. However if the tour goes a head in march then its all money bags for everyone.

I'm so glad Axl doesn't get involved in these childish Twitter wars.

Are you serious?

Don't you remember the classics "Fuck you Menacho!" or "Back up your boy but when he says he killed no one it ain't exactly true!" or "I sweat? On yo' momma! TMZ I feel your attitude!" tweets?

Axl was the king of crybabies using Twitter as a conduct to say what he can't in public.

I'm a fan of Bumblefoot, but at the age of 44, it's not like his music is going to suddenly take off. While leaving could appease his creative needs, it won't make him enough money to keep the lifestyle GNR that provides.

You know, it's funny. DJ was right to kinda slap Ron on the wrist for being so public about his gripes, but at the same time, I just really struggle to get behind that guy. There's just something about DJ that feels utterly false.

Maybe if this band released some new material I could, at the very least, get behind DJ creatively. But until then, he's pretty much the lamest to take the stage with Guns...ever.

• Like 2

Mrs Bumblefoot tweeted around the exact same time: "There are two sides to every story and neither are any of my business..."

If the wives and girlfreinds break this lineup apart, I might seriously consider calling it quits on GnR, as they are now. Fuck that!!!

I also remember a time when people on this forum thought that the current band, including Bumble and DJ could never play the more complicated songs off the UYI albums.

Well guess what they nail Estranged and Civil War pretty damn good, most times better than the original band have played it.

If you had Bumble on all the leads on Estranged (which I seem to remember he done that a few times) it would be next to impossible to improve that song live. Dj seems to not get the sound right where as Bumble just fucking nails it!!!!! That is not saying DJ sounds bad just he doesn't nail it like Bumble.

Whine a cry all you want but there is no doubt that Ron could play the whole GNR catalog with no problems what so ever. No he doesn't play them note for note he adds his own flare to it but for some reason on Estranged he is more note for note. But there is no doubt in my mind that live he could play the whole GNR catalog from AFD all the way through CD live note for note better than anyone that has EVER been in GNR.

I no this post will sound pro Ron but I am just giving credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

Are those guys for real?

Do they really get up in the morning thinking what's the most bitter or random thing they could post over on Twitter? How they fail to notice this kind of stuff hurts anyone but themselves is beyond me.

Someone give them eachother phone number so they can solve their issues in private.

• Like 1

For the people actually sounding desperate and afraid that Bumblefoot might leave. Think about this, if that ever happends...(only if it happens). GNR has replaced their biggest, baddest and most successful guitar player ever (Slash) and there was life after it.

Not really...

This. When I tell people I went to a GnR concert, half the time I get "Is Slash still in the band?", not "Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal fucken rocks!!'. Nothing against Ron, but Slash and Guns N' Roses is and forever will be synonymous with eachother, much like Axl and Guns N' Roses are synonymous.

People miss Slash because he was there when the band was at its most successful level. Not to take anything away from Slash (He was definitely the best Guitar Player GNR ever had, both creatively and as far as talent is concerned) but If CC Deville was there from the beggining, people would miss him, if Zack Wylde was there while the band got big, they would miss him too, if Ashba or Bumblefoot were there when the band got big, and weren't in the band anymore, people would miss him too...that doesn't mean you can't replace them! History has shown that GNR can replace anybody besides the singer and still be successful. And there's even people that prefer the post Slash guitar players (buckethead, Robin for example) then Slash himself (me not being one of those people).

Hey! Paul Di Anno made 2 albums with Iron Maiden, everyone misses him... but the guy that is there now, made about 20 albums after and was more successful than Paul ever was...

If you're trying to copy MSL's posting style, please get better at doing so.