Ron's latest tweet

UK SUBS

DJ is an ass in my book for posting that comment in regards to Ron and GN'R. Look how much DJ has used the bands name to further himself, he doesn't need to tell Ron what he did.

I don't blame Ron one bit for responding, and I'm fully behind Ron in this situation as a whole. Every point Ron has raised in relation to the Guns situation is every GN'Rs fans subconscious truth, we all know he speaks the truth.

The difference between Ron and DJ is that Ron is an individual, where DJ is a leech... pure and simple.

Great post.

DJ is a a bitch and a fraud, and it is probably why he fits in so well with this version of GNR.

Ron is authentic and real, probably why he has always seemed like a fish out of water considering what the GNR brand is at this point.

• Like 2

"Don't bite the hand that feeds....."

Not exactly.

He said, "if you bite the hand that feeds you....you will go hungry".

So, you KNOW that was about Ron, or you think/believe it was?

To know for certain, you'd have to know from DJ, since it was such a vague statement.

Ali

I think Subs is insinuating that he was told the original tweet is about Bumblefoot. He isn't the type of person that would speculate without saying so...

I understand that now. I was just trying to clarify. I was in no way making any insinuation about what type of person Subs is.

Sometimes people use the word "know" in the context of knowing something in their gut, which is more of a comment about intuition or strong belief. Then, there is knowing something, as in knowing it for an irrefutable fact, as in having direct confirmation.

DJ is an ass in my book for posting that comment in regards to Ron and GN'R. Look how much DJ has used the bands name to further himself, he doesn't need to tell Ron what he did.

I don't blame Ron one bit for responding, and I'm fully behind Ron in this situation as a whole. Every point Ron has raised in relation to the Guns situation is every GN'Rs fans subconscious truth, we all know he speaks the truth.

The difference between Ron and DJ is that Ron is an individual, where DJ is a leech... pure and simple.

The problem with your comment is that DJ in no way, shape or form mentioned Ron or GN'R. We only have an indication that was the case because of Subs' comment.

I think both men have had their public profile raised by being in GN'R.

Ali

Edited by Ali

I think you've got to take peoples overall vibe and demeanour into account here. With DJ, we are talking about the type of person who was doing guitar adverts using the GN'R name, before even playing his first show with the band.

We are talking about a guy who advertises web chats, only to spend the whole chat trying on his Ashba Swag shirts, give me a break.

Ron has never used his association with Guns, in a way that is distasteful and makes you feel uneasy, unlike DJ on MANY occasions. And God bless past members like Bucket, Robin and Brain who NEVER used the Guns brand in their own adventures or projects. While DJ whores it out like it's going out of fashion.

So if we're talking about integrity, DJ is last on my list. And is the last person who should be saying that to Ron, how dare he... ass.

Edited by One.In.A.Million
  • Like 4

Are there any other famous guitarists out there who are putting out solo album after solo album that only a few thousand people care about who is active on twitter who knows how to play nearly ever guns n roses song and will play absofuckinglutely anywhere if the money is right?

Whoever that is they should get that guy.

I was thinking about this guy, he's got a wierd nickname, I can't remember.

Oh, yeah, he's called Sla.... Nah. Forget it.

I think you've got to take peoples overall vibe and demeanour into account here. With DJ, we are talking about the type of person who was doing guitar adverts using the GN'R name, before even playing his first show with the band.

We are talking about a guy who advertises web chats, only to spend the whole chat trying on his Ashba Swag shirts, give me a break.

Ron has never used his association with Guns, in a way that is distasteful and makes you feel uneasy, unlike DJ on MANY occasions. And God bless past members like Bucket, Robin and Brain who NEVER used the Guns brand in their own adventures or projects. While DJ whores it out like it's going out of fashion.

So if we're talking about integrity, DJ is last on my list. And is the last person who should be saying that to Ron, how dare he... ass.

Spot on. Perfectly said.

If it is in response to DJ, I hope there is more to it, because that was undeserved imo. I don't like DJ, but his 'bite the hand that feeds' tweet was hardly much of an attack, in fact it could be interpreted as just some smart advice. You know like "you want to keep your job, shut the fuck up". Hardly using the conflict to put himself on a pedestal...

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

As far as how associations are used and how they make you feel, that is subjective. You are certainly entitled to your view on DJ.

Ali

Great post - spot on.

Why are these guys using Twitter or FB or any social media anyway? Why not just pick up the phone and call each other? Or send a text to each other?

Clearly, the only way to solve this is with an epic rap battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLU2tEz7KY

I honestly wish that Ron and Ashba would both leave: Ron shouldn't air out his dirty laundry, but I do understand where he is coming from. Nevertheless he should not be tweeting these things. I would have far more respect for him if he were to depart.

DJ Ashba is the worst thing to happen to GNR, ever, ever..... Everything about him is contrived. Everything about his behavior seems calculated. He just plays the role of rock god without doing anything to earn it. He's one of those guys who have used politics to his advantage and has made a living as a poser. His Ashbaswag line looks like Motley Crue Halloween wear. But it seems like he plays up to Axl well, and since he's also from Indiana, he's GNR's new golden child.

• Like 1

Didn't Ron make comments earlier about someone "manipulating their way into the buddy position" that was seemingly aimed at DJ as well?

He sure did. Back when I first read it I considered that he might be talking about DJ, but then thought "Nah." Now, however, I think he was absolutely referring to DJ.

Edit: Here's the full quote...

The only thing that’s definite is that nothing is definite. Life isn’t definite. People get sick, people die, people disagree, people need something else. And there are always wolves in the fold, usually not the people you’d think… one will always get in, manipulate their way into a buddy position, then try to weaken other relationships. Those people eventually show their true colors. It’s fine, part of life – I’m in it for the love of music, the love of playing, and to give the best moment I can for the fans. And no one has the power to take that away.

Edited by sofine11

"Don't bite the hand that feeds....."

lol what does that mean exactly ? who is feeding who ?

if you want to censor your forum, that's your problem.

personally, i always say things how they are, i'm honest.

In other words, Axl's pays his hired hands. Don't go pissing off your Boss - do as Dj does, and suck Axl's balls.