When do you think it will be time?

PITBOSS

At this point there is nothing Slash can do to change things unless Axl was willing to go for counseling with Slash which would uncover everything between them. As long as Axl is upset with Slash, he will also be upset with me for promoting anything that Slash has done. He knows how I feel about him and where I stand which is right in the middle between them. He will never talk to me again unless he changes the way he feels about Slash. Everything I do is to praise him and the work that he has done but he thinks that I have betrayed him and didn't want to work with him. There is nothing I could do to change things. In the end It's up to him or the people around him to help him to fix this issue.

• Like 3

We send him a Xmas card every year. For years I have had Axl venting to me about someone else that is a thorn in his side and now somehow I'm that thorn. I never thought that would happen between us. The last thing I would want to do is stress him out by making him talk to me. That is one of the reasons I stop going to his gigs. I think if he knew I was there it would cause him stress that could effect the way the gig goes. I hope someday things will change.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Is that the kind of guy you are or is this a special circumstance because of who he is. Is the guy beyond reasoning? You don't think years down the road he might say "hey man you shoulda called or stopped by or something" ?

I'd like to know this too :book:

What if Slash went over while Beta wasn't there?

We send him a Xmas card every year. For years I have had Axl venting to me about someone else that is a thorn in his side and now somehow I'm that thorn. I never thought that would happen between us. The last thing I would want to do is stress him out by making him talk to me. That is one of the reasons I stop going to his gigs. I think if he knew I was there it would cause him stress that could effect the way the gig goes. I hope someday things will change.

But when Axl met with Duff in London, everything was just forgotten and forgiven. Axl also spent many hour talking to Steven. I don´t think your situation is worst than neither Duff nor Steven were.

But when Axl met with Duff in London, everything was just forgotten and forgiven. Axl also spent many hour talking to Steven. I don´t think your situation is worst than neither Duff nor Steven were.

You're right and maybe one day things will be good again but I can't force it, it will have to happen on its own by chance. Being in the right place at the right time just like Duff and Steven. Although Steven's didn't last long because he went off and talked shit about Axl. My problem is I would have to stop promoting my book and pretend that I don't support the work they all did together. How is that going to work? I love him but can't give up my life just to be friends with someone. He is the one who would have to close an eye to what I do to make room for the friendship which I thought he was going to do in the first place because he has always known where I stand and still chose to be my friend. It is just crazy that it has been 7 years since I have seen him. There is really no reason for that.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, is THIS serious situation? You really think it makes him uncomfortable or affect the show if you showed there?

I cannot believe that Axl is THIS sensitive. Especially since Axl turned GNR to a nostalgia act

sorry i had to post this

Edited by Crash Diet

Thanks for responding marc, prolly ought to put a note in a birthday card or something sometime extend the olive branch of sorts. you might never know if you don't give it a shot. anyhow it's a tough situation, I guess when he comes to terms with old gnr maybe he will come around, even if he doesn't work it out with slash.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Marc (and Slash) Axl seems to be the kind of guy that holds a grudge and never forgets/forgives… He takes his feelings to the extreme - either he loves or hates someone, there's no middle ground or sensible reasoning.

Marc; you sound like a really cool dude.

It sucks that you've missed the last several years of performances, but it sounds like you're right. Based on what we've heard about Axl, just having an element like "someone he doesn't want to be there" in the crowd seems like enough to potentially throw him "off" for the night, and it's noble that you put the good of the show and the good of the fans ahead of your own desire to go see the show. But it IS shitty that you can't just go and see him perform live!

I hope he comes to his sense some day. I think you've been upfront and rational and reasonable.....you did nothing wrong.

Thanks again for answering all our questions and thanks for releasing the book....I love that fucking thing.

Hope to catch you in person at the Deli next time I'm in LA!

• Like 1

Marc coming here and being a part of the forum must not help either. I really respect Marc for doing what he believes in. I'm not going to judge Axl for it. He probably feels betrayed because the book thing but personally I feel like in Marc's case, for now, Axl just lost a true friend with no good reason really, just because he sees some things in black and white.

This forum got so much better since Marc decided to post here on a regular basis.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

I can't understand why the people who have almost lived with Axl for the past 10yrs haven't tried to help Axl to come to terms with relationships in his life. These people are a good influence on him? I can't understand why they wouldn't try and help resolve the issues. all it takes is a phone call to a manager or a quick stop at someones house to organize a sit down and mediate the meeting.

To your knowledge has any one of the lebeis family ever tried to resolve the dispute between you and Axl or the feud between Axl and Slash (both of which would obviously have positive effects on Axls day to day).

They seem like caring people but some of their actions seem a little too self serving (from afar at least)

I can't understand why the people who have almost lived with Axl for the past 10yrs haven't tried to help Axl to come to terms with relationships in his life. These people are a good influence on him? I can't understand why they wouldn't try and help resolve the issues. all it takes is a phone call to a manager or a quick stop at someones house to organize a sit down and mediate the meeting.

To your knowledge has any one of the lebeis family ever tried to resolve the dispute between you and Axl or the feud between Axl and Slash (both of which would obviously have positive effects on Axls day to day).

They seem like caring people but some of their actions seem a little too self serving (from afar at least)

IMO they may think that by doing that might have a possible negative effect on them financially, should they intervene and help resolve things. I may be wrong :shrugs: but I think that's the main reason.

The group of Brazilians he lives with need him financially. There's no way they would jeopardize their lifestyle just so Axl can be friends with someone again.

I have people I've severed ties with years ago, whom I used to be very good friends with. Sometimes things happen where you have no desire to fix things or be around that person again.

How would us being friends hurt Beta and her family's income?, other than $850.00 they still owe me for picking up something that Axl once ask me to get for him that he was giving to someone else as a gift, and no matter how many times I asked for the money, I never got it. By the way Axl is not aware of that. Axl would never ask you to pick up something for him and then not pay for it. One thing you can never take away from Axl is that. I don't think they would sell me short just to keep $850.00 You are right about one thing, Axl would never give up our friendship on his own. Someone had to help influence that decision and are keeping him from realizing that it was a mistake to do that. This whole think is a bit strange that it would go on this long.

• Like 3

This is a good thread. There's no doubt that Axl is kept isolated and (slightly) manipulated by Team Brazil. I think that they absolutely have his best interests in mind, and love him and only want the best for him. But they also seem to be at least part of the reason that certain relationships stay fractured. I'm sure you are right in that he never knew about you picking up any gift for them or owing you cash. Seems like if Axl is kept isolated, which is how he wants it, and Team Brazil handles everything. Filtering the outside world is beneficial (job security) for them.

Marc you should just shoot Ax an email one day, or give him a call, and ask him to go out for dinner. You might be surprised. This is a good time of year for making amends, and it also seems from what we know that Axl chills this time of year and becomes introspective. This is exactly the time of year when he spent those few nights on the forums in 2008, getting a lot of stuff off his chest and interacting with everyone.

Good luck!

• Like 1