Through the Never

TombRaider

Metallica fan here, but I stopped watching Through The Never after the 4th song. I don't know how it was advertised where you guys live, but here, here being a little corner in Uruguay, it was supposed to be a movie about Metallica on the road.

And I honestly thought that it was. Eh.. nope. That's not what it is: it's a concert, just like Cunning stunts or Live Shit: Binge and Purge, with random footage of a roadie on a mission to find something the band needs.

Maybe I should've known better when I downloaded it… but I am just not interested in watching yet another Metallica concert on my computer. Thank you. Great band and all, with lots of amazing stuff for their fans, but I've seen enough live videos… and the setlist starts to sound kind of like a metal version of Groundhog day.

Metallica fan here, but I stopped watching Through The Never after the 4th song. I don't know how it was advertised where you guys live, but here, here being a little corner in Uruguay, it was supposed to be a movie about Metallica on the road.

And I honestly thought that it was. Eh.. nope. That's not what it is: it's a concert, just like Cunning stunts or Live Shit: Binge and Purge, with random footage of a roadie on a mission to find something the band needs.

Maybe I should've known better when I downloaded it but I am just not interested in watching yet another Metallica concert on my computer. Thank you. Great band and all, with lots of amazing stuff for their fans, but I've seen enough live videos and the setlist starts to sound kind of like a metal version of Groundhog day.

Wtf? A movie about them being on the road? LOL

Yeah. What's so funny? You know, a movie about life on the road with a couple of songs here and there, you know, a documentary Or maybe a movie about a roadie that's also a fan, who gets this once in a lifetime opportunity to live alongside his heroes for a couple of months and that turns into a life changing experience for him. There, I just single handedly wrote a superior plot.

Edited by TombRaider

Yeah. What's so funny? You know, a movie about life on the road with a couple of songs here and there, you know, a documentary Or maybe a movie about a roadie that's also a fan, who gets this once in a lifetime opportunity to live alongside his heroes for a couple of months and that turns into a life changing experience for him. There, I just single handedly wrote a superior plot.

It was never advertised as such though and a quick Google search would've proven that.

Although Metallica are now as lazy as Axl in regards to putting out studio albums of new material, at least they put out lots of extra stuff for the fans such as live dvds, outake eps (i.e. Beyond Magnetic) and other things. But really, why are they arsing around in Antartic when they should be in the studio?

Edited by DieselDaisy

Although Metallica are now as lazy as Axl in regards to putting out studio albums of new material, at least they put out lots of extra stuff for the fans such as live dvds, outake eps (i.e. Beyond Magnetic) and other things. But really, why are they arsing around in Antartic when they should be in the studio?

Metallica has enough music. It gets quite overwhelming when you have over 10 records out.

Not really. They are working on new music and plan on playing a brand new song in South America. Though it's not new, they're also planning on re-recording Kill 'Em All and releasing that.

Not bashing Guns, but calling Metallica as "lazy as Axl" when it comes to new music is just silly.

Not really. They are working on new music and plan on playing a brand new song in South America. Though it's not new, they're also planning on re-recording Kill 'Em All and releasing that.

Not bashing Guns, but calling Metallica as "lazy as Axl" when it comes to new music is just silly.

Re-recording Kill em all??? Are you serious? Man, that´d be fucking awesome!!! That album sounds like crap. And they should also re-record AJFA while they're at it.

Re-recording Kill em all??? Are you serious? Man, that´d be fucking awesome!!! That album sounds like crap. And they should also re-record AJFA while they're at it.

I thought they already did. Just renamed it Death Magnetic.

Metallica's albums are already getting remastered by fans anyway. Death Magnetic sounds awesome and not "late Metallica-y."

Kirk's tone on Kill em' All is probably my favorite that he's used.

it's that little bit of reverb he has in there that does it *cough*dontforgetitsallmustainesshit*cough*

Plus it's the only album where you can properly hear Cliff. If I have any real beef with the sound of that albumit's James sounding like the Squeaky Voiced Teen off The Simpsons.

Until they enter the studio to record a new disc, they are just being idiots.