2014 Oscar Nominations

Nobodys_Fault

Nebraska is a beautiful film... much more deserving than that stupid Blue is the Warmest Color of the Palme D'or

If 12 years a Slave wins the academy awards for Best picture it will be a bigger upset than when Crash won

any other movie is more deserving (except American Hustle and I never saw Gravity)

But then again it's all politics :shrugs:

Edited by Gia
  • Like 1

Nebraska is a beautiful film... much more deserving than that stupid Blue is the Warmest Color of the Palme D'or

If 12 years a Slave wins the academy awards for Best picture it will be a bigger upset than when Crash won

any other movie is more deserving (except American Hustle and I never saw Gravity)

I like you.

Joaquin Phoenix being one of them

I agree. Joaquin Phoenix for who? Christian Bale?

If it's allowable to expand best picture, I don't see why the other categories can't enjoy the same privilege. If/when it's warranted.

Kind of silly to have 10 best picture nominations but only 5 for best director.
  • Like 1

I like you.

thank you

but some people have a higher opinon of themselves lol

I like you.

thank you

I like me too

I like you.

thank you

I like me too

you know I like you :wub:

• Like 1

Disagree entirely that McCounaghey is undeserving, it's a marvellous performance and he's been on an extraordinary roll the last few years (though granted, he had quite a bit to atone for).

Let's not throw a pity party for DiCaprio. :lol: Pacino waited longer than he probably will, I just hope that when DiCaprio finally wins he actually deserves it.

I adore Lawrence, but she needs to lose this. For her own sake. The backlash is inevitable, and a back to back win against more deserving nominees will make it worse.

What makes it worse is that she arguably deserves this one more than last year's so if she does win this year the backlash will be even worse.

Also Bad Grandpa got nominated for hair and makeup but American Hustle didn't? What?! :lol:

The American Hustle was atrocious, the wigs made me want to throw up.

It will be an upset if 12 Years doesn't win... that's the film that most critics and audiences would probably agree deserves to win. A lot of news websites had run stories of how the Golden Globes had snubbed 12 Years and the cast completely (before it won Best Drama film).

To me the fact then "flawless" or ANGELINA have a say on hiow hispanics feels or how they should feel should show how hispanics really feels

how white girls try so hard to be a part of it

Disgusting

Excuse you?

Disagree entirely that McCounaghey is undeserving, it's a marvellous performance and he's been on an extraordinary roll the last few years (though granted, he had quite a bit to atone for).

Let's not throw a pity party for DiCaprio. :lol: Pacino waited longer than he probably will, I just hope that when DiCaprio finally wins he actually deserves it.

I adore Lawrence, but she needs to lose this. For her own sake. The backlash is inevitable, and a back to back win against more deserving nominees will make it worse.

What makes it worse is that she arguably deserves this one more than last year's so if she does win this year the backlash will be even worse.

Also Bad Grandpa got nominated for hair and makeup but American Hustle didn't? What?! :lol:

The American Hustle was atrocious, the wigs made me want to throw up.

It will be an upset if 12 Years doesn't win... that's the film that most critics and audiences would probably agree deserves to win. A lot of news websites had run stories of how the Golden Globes had snubbed 12 Years and the cast completely (before it won Best Drama film).

To me the fact then "flawless" or ANGELINA have a say on hiow hispanics feels or how they should feel should show how hispanics really feels

Disgusting

Excuse you?

I was drunk sweetheart ignore me :lol:

I don't see why it would be a travesty if 12 Years a Slave wins? It would be a corny decision if the movie was awful and the Academy rewarded it for political reasons; but it's actually really good artistically.

For such an average year in film, the Best Film catgeory is an extremely good catalogue.

I don't get it when people say 2013 was an "average" or "bad" year for film. I think it's been one of the best years in awhile.

I still have yet to see films like Before Midnight and Inside Llewyn Davis, but of all the other movies I've seen this year, both critically acclaimed and not, I think it's been a great year for film.

I don't get it when people say 2013 was an "average" or "bad" year for film. I think it's been one of the best years in awhile.

By your tastes, Pain & Gain should be in contention for Oscar recognition.

My point about 2013 is that the industry gave us nothing but bullshit until the very end of the year (when things started heating up).

Did he say that? Or are you assuming that because he has stated that he really liked the movie?

My point about 2013 is that the industry gave us nothing but bullshit until the very end of the year (when things started heating up).

It's been like that for years. I don't understand why it surprises you.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Did he say that? Or are you assuming that because he has stated that he really liked the movie?

Harmless banter.

It's been like that for years. I don't understand why it surprises you.

It's getting worse.

Edited by NGOG

That's not true at all. Before Midnight, Blue Jasmine, The Bling Ring, Blackfish, The Way Way Back, Frances Ha, 20 Feet From Stardom, Stories We Tell, The Spectacular Now, Fruitvale Station etc all opened before fall. It was a particularly bad summer roster, but overall 2013 was an exceptional year, certainly the best since 2007.

Disgusting

The fuck?

It's not the favorite to win at this point, so it won't be a big upset a la Brokeback losing to Crash.

It's an extraordinary film...up until the last half hour or so. Then it gives way to mediocrity. It's McQueen's first non masterpiece.

Edited by Angelica

I hope Matthew M wins. I think he's very cool and I loved how he accepted his Golden Globe award. He is just a down at home Texas boy.

I didn't see any of the nominated movies so I probably won't bother to watch the show either.

All I know is that I hope those actresses dress better for the Oscars than they did for the GG. I mean don't they have people to tell them they look like hell?

They're all a size 2 and yet some of them wear these big round dresses that make them look horrible. Also the ones that wear see through stuff need to stop too.

I don't get it?