Reckless Road Around the World

Amir

In Budapest for a few weeks, spotted a translated copy of Reckless Road by chance in the music section, it was the only GNR book! Great for Marc, but sad for GNR, though, was surprised that Slash's book wasn't there at the least:

Dc2NMV3.png

j2pEJlZ.png

Thought you guys could post photos of copies you find in other places.

• Like 1

In Budapest for a few weeks, spotted a translated copy of Reckless Road by chance in the music section, it was the only GNR book! Great for Marc, but sad for GNR, though, was surprised that Slash's book wasn't there at the least:

Dc2NMV3.png

j2pEJlZ.png

These are hungarian editions :lol: I have many of these books

I assume you were at Alexandra bookstore, great place

Unfortunately we don't have a hungarian translation of Slash's book

Edited by Crash Diet

Alexandra indeed, in Corvin Plaza! I'm staying at a place just 5 mins walk away, here until the 9th Feb. You in Budapest?

Yes, i live here in Budapest

We should have a drink or something until feb 9th, lol

Tried PMing you, think your inbox is full, PM me your number.

• Like 1

Dc2NMV3.png

j2pEJlZ.png

I didn't even know that it was out there and have never seen it. Can you pick me up 2 copies and I will paypal you the money and for what ever the shipping is? Also I think the book might be a bootleg. I don't care about the bootleg part but I would still like to have it. Its cool that the fans over there will have a chance to get a hold of it.

Marc

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Honestly, i will do my best to obtain 2 copies for you, but i need some time to organize this stuff
I'll PM you when i do it
I don't know about the bootleg part , though

Alexandra indeed, in Corvin Plaza! I'm staying at a place just 5 mins walk away, here until the 9th Feb. You in Budapest?

I deleted some messages but the inbox bar still hold 100%
We can work something out :)

Honestly, i will do my best to obtain 2 copies for you, but i need some time to organize this stuff

I'll PM you when i do it

I don't know about the bootleg part , though

I deleted some messages but the inbox bar still hold 100%

We can work something out :)

Crash, if you don't have the time, I can pick up the books tomorrow since I live right by the store, let me know. Marc, PM me the address and I'll send you my PayPal details. It really doesn't seem like a bootleg, flicking through it was just like going through my English edition except in Hungarian :P EDIT: Forgot to mention, it was hardback, all of the other editions are paperback, right?

Crash, my number here is +36 20 570 8567 :)

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

I do have a hard cover Czech version but it looks a lot different.

What's different about the Czech edition comparing to the original, Marc? And is it a bootleg, too? I do have a copy of that edition and I would like to know if there's something missing...

So the book was released in some countries and you didn't even know about it? That's odd, i guess.

Here is the brazilian version, it is so ugly that I imported a US copy.

7477531GG.jpg

Whats so ugly about that? Thats one of the most iconic photos of GnR in my opinion. :)

Not the AFD cover exactly. The back cover is just the band, this cover is the band+Marc.

Marc: Can you give some background on that image? When was it taken? Were the recordings for AFD done by then? And where was it taken.

Mark, don't answer this here, but FYI...did you sign away First North American rights, worldwide rights or English-language rights in your contract with the publisher?

If it's #1 or #3 someone's making a profit at your expense. You should be getting royalties from those. It it's #2 unfortunately you're out of luck.

So the book was released in some countries and you didn't even know about it? That's odd, i guess.

7477531GG.jpg

Whats so ugly about that? Thats one of the most iconic photos of GnR in my opinion. :)

Not the AFD cover exactly. The back cover is just the band, this cover is the band+Marc.

Marc: Can you give some background on that image? When was it taken? Were the recordings for AFD done by then? And where was it taken.

That was taken in March of 1987 right before they finished recording AFD. I was there and Robert was doing a photo shoot and I realized that I never taken a photo with the band. I was always on the other end so I sat in for the photo. No one knew that that session was going to be on the record. Robert did a bunch of them. When the record was done and I saw the art work, I knew right then that someday I would put out a cool scrap book and that I would use that photo for the back cover. The only reason I waited until 1993 to start working on it was because I didn't want to step on Roberts feet. He made a living off of his photos but after he put out his book is when I felt that time was right. If I wasn't so picky on how I did the book , it wouldn't have taking me 15 months to put together the first draft and it would have come out at the by the end of the year. Also Robert asked me to wait until after Xmas so that he could get the sales for that year. I really wish I could go back in time and had my book ready sooner.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Dc2NMV3.png

j2pEJlZ.png

No, you're wrong. You can find Slash's book in hungarian almost in every book store. We don't have Duff's one, thats correct...

7477531GG.jpg

The photo is very nice. But the rest, looks like something I would on the first day I used Photoshop.

• 3 weeks later...