The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

The phrase "The Real McCoy" can trace its origins back to the prohibition days. McCoy was a brand of moonshine that was very popular with the public, and their insistence on it gave birth to the term as a way to express "the genuine article."

I find it humorous that our McCoy has chosen this phrase as his identity here, yet has gone on and on about how he hates drinking and how he considers a girl that enjoys drinking to be inferior.

Then again, who really gives a shit...my name has the word "twat" in it.

Interesting.

You know what McCoy, I've been pretty hard on you son. I just think you haven't figured yourself out yet. Now I'm not saying that drugs and alcohol are the answer, but there's a reason people find relationships over a drink or two right? Buy yourself a beer once in your life when you go out.

Find something you're enthusiastic about and chances are there is a woman who is equally nutty about it too. I don't know. Guarantee there are some odd-balls who go for Keith Urban (is that who it is?) look-a likes.

I am going to challenge you to go to country fest, drink no less than six beers, and get yourself a woman. Tell us about it after.

I went out to a country night at a a bar with a female friend of mine tonight. Didn't drink, but I made the effort and got out there.

Have a drink you woman.

• Like 1

The phrase "The Real McCoy" can trace its origins back to the prohibition days. McCoy was a brand of moonshine that was very popular with the public, and their insistence on it gave birth to the term as a way to express "the genuine article."

I find it humorous that our McCoy has chosen this phrase as his identity here, yet has gone on and on about how he hates drinking and how he considers a girl that enjoys drinking to be inferior.

Then again, who really gives a shit...my name has the word "twat" in it.

Interesting.

You know what McCoy, I've been pretty hard on you son. I just think you haven't figured yourself out yet. Now I'm not saying that drugs and alcohol are the answer, but there's a reason people find relationships over a drink or two right? Buy yourself a beer once in your life when you go out.

Find something you're enthusiastic about and chances are there is a woman who is equally nutty about it too. I don't know. Guarantee there are some odd-balls who go for Keith Urban (is that who it is?) look-a likes.

I am going to challenge you to go to country fest, drink no less than six beers, and get yourself a woman. Tell us about it after.

I went out to a country night at a a bar with a female friend of mine tonight. Didn't drink, but I made the effort and got out there.

Have a drink you woman.

I don't see what my drinking or not drinking has to do with anything. I honestly don't.

I've had drinks before in the past, one here or there, but it just doesn't do anything for me, so I don't bother.

• Like 1

I don't see what my drinking or not drinking has to do with anything. I honestly don't.

I've had drinks before in the past, one here or there, but it just doesn't do anything for me, so I don't bother.

I'm not big into drinking, but without a doubt there are times when having a drink or two can be beneficial.

Do you get nervous when you're talking to a lady face to face? If you do, I don't see how alcohol doesn't help by relaxing you.

It depends on the situation.

I'm not big into drinking, but without a doubt there are times when having a drink or two can be beneficial.

Do you get nervous when you're talking to a lady face to face? If you do, I don't see how alcohol doesn't help by relaxing you.

That's a yes, you get nervous.

Like I said, it totally depends. There's a lot of variables.

If I'm in "radio mode" at a station event or whatever, I flip the switch. I can talk to anyone about anything, work a room, introduce an artist on-stage in front of 5,000 people, whatever. It doesn't even phase me.

If I'm introduced to someone by a mutual friend, it's the same deal, I can jump in to a conversation immediately.

My main problem comes with the initial approach anxiety that comes with walking up to a complete stranger (read: an attractive female) on my own and completely left to my own devices.

My main problem comes with the initial approach anxiety that comes with walking up to a complete stranger (read: an attractive female) on my own and completely left to my own devices.

that's where our friend alcohol takes over.

that's where our friend alcohol takes over.

I just don't get how I can react in two completely opposite ways depending on the circumstances. I find that truly bizarre.

I'm the most confident SOB around when I'm out there giving an artist an intro to kick-off a show, hosting a local talent competition (which included a completely improvised comedy routine last year during the intermission), but walk up to that girl that I'm interested in across the room? No go, bro. :shrugs:

Yea, thinking, alcohol puts a stop to that too.

If he's not comfortable for alcohol, I don't think he should be pressured into it...

confidence works wonders ... alcohol might make things easier, but after a while you're gonna need to have confidence in yourself anyways so just start feeling better about yourself

Like I said, it totally depends. There's a lot of variables.

If I'm in "radio mode" at a station event or whatever, I flip the switch. I can talk to anyone about anything, work a room, introduce an artist on-stage in front of 5,000 people, whatever. It doesn't even phase me.

If I'm introduced to someone by a mutual friend, it's the same deal, I can jump in to a conversation immediately.

Your work situations are just you going through the motions with a bunch of complete strangers that you'll never have one on one conversations with. A conversation with a female on your own puts you in a situation of judgment and vulnerability, and since you have no self belief you project that and tell yourself that you're not good enough for her. It's basically a done deal before you've even spoken to each other.

• Like 1