The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

Pimp McCoy a lady for each arm

Honestly, of the two, I'm more interested in the friend of the friend. I seem to have A LOT in common with her. She came in to the picture after I had already arranged the date with the other girl, or else I wouldn't have even bothered with the first one.

So why did you even bother with the first one? If you're not that into her and don't find her that intriguing, why would you want to go on a 'date' with her as opposed to just hang out with her as a friend with the rest of your group? I just don't get your mentality at all in so many regards when it comes to love and relationships. You yourself have said you don't want one night stands, you want a real relationship, so it cant be to just get laid (which would be totally fine if thats what you were after) yet you're taking girls out on dates that you have no interest in forming a romantic relationship with. :huh:

:lol:

On the other hand girl #1 might really fall for McCoy and one of two things could happen:

1. He doesn't feel the same way and breaks her heart. That wouldn't be very nice would it, considering he really wasn't into her to begin with? :max:

2. He can't help himself and ends up married to her and years later realises they're both miserable and married for all the wrong reasons. That wouldn't be very nice either.

Honestly, of the two, I'm more interested in the friend of the friend. I seem to have A LOT in common with her. She came in to the picture after I had already arranged the date with the other girl, or else I wouldn't have even bothered with the first one.

So why did you even bother with the first one? If you're not that into her and don't find her that intriguing, why would you want to go on a 'date' with her as opposed to just hang out with her as a friend with the rest of your group? I just don't get your mentality at all in so many regards when it comes to love and relationships. You yourself have said you don't want one night stands, you want a real relationship, so it cant be to just get laid (which would be totally fine if thats what you were after) yet you're taking girls out on dates that you have no interest in forming a romantic relationship with. :huh:

I was/am interested. I had this date arranged a full day before the other girl came in to the picture.

I was/am interested. I had this date arranged a full day before the other girl came in to the picture.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words then. I know that if I was girl #1 I'd be pretty upset and disappointed to know that you "wouldn't have even bothered" yet were still going to go out with me. I'm not going to be second choice to anyone.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words then. I know that if I was girl #1 I'd be pretty upset and disappointed to know that you "wouldn't have even bothered" yet were still going to go out with me. I'm not going to be second choice to anyone.

If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have pursued it any further than the initial conversation. It just happened to work out that the friend of the friend came in to the picture AFTER I had already arranged the date with the first girl.

Really don't get why you're ragging on McCoy here, I mean when you do on dates with people you don't always know if you want a relationship with them or not as you don't know enough about them.

For all we know after he goes on dates with both of them he might find himself more interested in girl #1 than #2. It's a goddamn first date, not a wedding and there is nothing wrong with playing the field with more than one person at the same time when they are hardly dating let alone in a relationship. It isn't like he has been dating both of them behind their backs for months, he hasn't even had the first date yet.

McCoy should go on as many dates as he can, intense interest or not. It's the only way he's going to become more comfortable with women and stop imagining that every girl who smiles at him is "the one."

This.

I don't know how it's such a terrible thing that he goes on a few dates that he's not putting crazy pressure on. It can only be confidence-building for him.

• Like 1

People are too harsh on you McCoy.

I'm used to it.

Tell em' straight if it gets too much. Everyone (myself included sometimes) is a relationship guru in this thread. It's like they're suddenly experts and know what you should be doing.

I see your point, but I look at it this way.

#1. It was McCoy's choice to open up and share all the details of his love life. Or should I say lack thereof.

#2. Some of us are experts - And I mean it in the sense that there are people here in healthy and loving relationships. Sharing some thoughts or experiences to someone who obviously needs it should be seen as a positive.

#3. McCoy rarely takes any of the advice given. Yes, he's going to get shit because of that.

I'm used to it.

Tell em' straight if it gets too much. Everyone (myself included sometimes) is a relationship guru in this thread. It's like they're suddenly experts and know what you should be doing.

I don't even just mean necessarily in this thread / on the board. I'm speaking about life in general.

I'm used to it.

I don't even just mean necessarily in this thread / on the board. I'm speaking about life in general.

I'm used to it.

McCoy please don't offended by this, but from what you have told us about your life it seems that when you aren't in "radio mode" you can be a bit of a pushover. Stand up for yourself a bit more both on here and in real life, if you disagree with some advice someone has given you, or they offend you/ upset/ anger you, let them know.

I'm used to it.

No offense dude, but shut the fuck up.

You live in a nice area, you have a great job where not only do you make decent money, you get to go to concerts for free and get to not only meet, but actually have conversations with people like Carrie Underwood, and you've probably been on more dates in the past year or so than 75% of the single guys that post on this forum.

Get over yourself man and learn to be grateful. Life doesn't owe you shit.

• Like 4

I'm used to it.

You live in a nice area, you have a great job where not only do you make decent money, you get to go to concerts for free and get to not only meet, but actually have conversations with people like Carrie Underwood, and you've probably been on more dates in the past year or so than 75% of the single guys that post on this forum.

clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f

Really don't get why you're ragging on McCoy here, I mean when you do on dates with people you don't always know if you want a relationship with them or not as you don't know enough about them.

For all we know after he goes on dates with both of them he might find himself more interested in girl #1 than #2. It's a goddamn first date, not a wedding and there is nothing wrong with playing the field with more than one person at the same time when they are hardly dating let alone in a relationship. It isn't like he has been dating both of them behind their backs for months, he hasn't even had the first date yet.

I agree completely, it's just a date not a marriage proposal, but his choice of words had a tone of disrespect to it, that's all.

I'm used to it.

I'm very grateful for the opportunities that life has afforded me. I do my best to not take it for granted.

• Like 1