beatles or the stones?

wfuckinga

Guest Len B'stard

I think The Beatles are so far superior to The Stones that The Stones would have to stand on their mothers shoulders just to kiss The Beatleses arse.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

The comparison is silly, one is a band that came through immitating The Beatles to get their foot in the pop door and then clung to the fading British Blues boom thing and compromised it beyond recognition for sales cuz they knew they couldn't meet the Beatles head on with the pop song thing. The Beatles wrote their first hit, that along should tell you something. The Stones are a great band but you're comparing them to The Beatles is ridiculous. To be fair, my response is sort of puffed up but only because your initial comment of The Stones being 'obviously superior' was beyond puffed up and beyond hyperbole. Obviously superior my fuckin' arse :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

I much prefer the Stones, I love their country/blues/americana sensibility and I enjoy much more of their discography vs The Beatles. The Beatles were great and all but honestly I enjoy Paul McCartny's solo work more. Call me crazy but I don't really think The Beatles music has aged very well especially into the 00's and 10's, I totally appreciate everything they did for pop music in their day, they were talented songwriters who gelled together seamlessly, I just don't buy into this "THE BEATLES WERE THE GREATEST BAND EVER BY DEFAULT" shit. The number of artists who have blown my mind far more than any Beatles album is hard to keep track of.

• Like 2

I think The Beatles are so far superior to The Stones that The Stones would have to stand on their mothers shoulders just to kiss The Beatleses arse.

:max::fuckyou:

Brown Sugar by itself is better than the first four Beatles albums put together.

Brown Sugar isn't even that great of a song.

But I prefer the Stones.

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno, it's kinda presumptuous, how would you know peoples reasons for liking a band? I'm a Beatles fan and I could explain in great length why i like The Beatles or why i think they're superior to most other bands i ever heard of, it's kinda insulting the insinuation that it's just cuz I was told or just took some kinda majority view for granted.

I know full well why people love the Beatles, they were a great band and one of the most important artists in the history of popular music for a reason, I just disagree with the blind notion that they're undisputedly the "greatest of all time" which is quite a popular one.

• Like 1

Prefer the Stones and think their albums have aged better.

I dig The Beatles, but they have too many corny novelty songs like Maxwells Silver Hammer, Octopus's Garden, Obli-Di Obli-Da, With A Little Help From My Friends, Yellow Submarine... just all sounds a bit twee these days.

• Like 1

Brown Sugar by itself is better than the first four Beatles albums put together.

John Lennon was more rock and roll than all the members of the stones put together. I like the stones and all, but The Beatles were better musicans and songwriters.

• Like 1

John Lennon was more rock and roll than all the members of the stones put together. I like the stones and all, but The Beatles were better musicans and songwriters.

No. And no.

John Lennon is quite possibly the most overrated songwriter of all time. Almost as much as Springsteen.

But he's a sacred cow. Don't dare question the Beatles or Lennon. Fuck that. They're pop pansies with boring songs. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE lyrics.

Fuck The Beatles.

• Like 1

I like the stones and all, but The Beatles were better musicans and songwriters.

Songwriters? probably.

But Musicians? Some yes, some not.

Mick Taylor plays rings around both Lennon and Harrison.

Charlie Watts has more groove in his left foot than Ringo has overall drumming ability.

Wyman and Paul are just about even on the bass for me.

Mick's not a good singer so he loses easily to Lennon/Macca

Lennon's entire ordeal with the US goverment is one of the most rebelious/rock and roll spirited things ever done. Man some of you guys need an education on Lennon.

Mick and Keef are choir boys by comaprision. "Look I did a lot of drugs, I'm rock and roll." That's not rock and roll. Standing up for your convictions, no matter the cost. That's fucking rock and roll man. He looked the US goverment in the eye and said "fuck you". One of the ballsiest things ever done imo.

Edited by Mike420

One band put out nothing but perfection, wrote the other bands first hit, revolutionized the music industry, went beyond music with their reach, etc.

The other is one of the best bands ever, but has struggled with mediocrity for almost 3 decades now.

I'm going with the Beatles.