Axl's sway - before or after AFD?

I was listening to AFD today and I noticed that each of the songs was perfect for Axl's sway dancing. No matter how fast or slow, I could picture Axl swaying to each song.

Do you think Axl had his sway down before GNR wrote AFD or did he just feel it as he recorded the songs?

I know it's lame, but I was just interested in what anyone else had to say about it.

I love Axl's sway. It's so much a part of him. It seems every awesome rocker always has a signature move!

Guest Len B'stard

The thing about the sway is the motions of it are best seen when you don't have the results of late night bakery raids hanging off your midriff :lol:

• Like 1

The thing about the sway is the motions of it are best seen when you don't have the results of late night bakery raids hanging off your midriff :lol:

Absolutely true. There is an element of getting older here, but the fact is that the current sway isn't even appealing anymore, whereas the old one was fucking dynamite, especially in the Appetite/Lies era. He was this lithe waif of a man, which provided a sharp, angular visual. And it was so symbolic of Axl as a singer and character - an unexplainable and unstable grace amidst an imminent explosion. Now he looks like a chubby cattle herder moving in slow motion.

• Like 1

Fucking "sway". "Rasp" wasn't bad enough for you guys?

I was thinking the same thing, but I went with it. I thought we called it his serpentine dance. :shrugs:

That Perfect Crime performance is so awful. Axl's voice is ridiculously bad.

His voice is bad. The performance is amazing.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 3

It's amazing how bad Axl looks now. I'm not talking about the difference between 91 Axl and today's Axl. I'm talking about how in great shape he managed to getin 06, and in 09 he was already gaining weight and today we have this chubby Axl who should just stand still on stage. His old movements look awful with a belly.