Philip Seymour Hoffman RIP

Georgy Zhukov

I guess you could say that about any overweight dad really. Between work and their kids they find solace in food and its acceptable. The PSH way is a bit more isolating. He's like trying to chill out with heroin lol

I suppose, but you don't have to worry about the kids accidentally getting into your twinkie stash or nodding off after a pizza and the kids burning the house down.

(lol the PSH way)

I guess you could say that about any overweight dad really. Between work and their kids they find solace in food and its acceptable. The PSH way is a bit more isolating. He's like trying to chill out with heroin lol

I suppose, but you don't have to worry about the kids accidentally getting into your twinkie stash or nodding off after a pizza and the kids burning the house down.

(lol the PSH way)

Obviously. He seemed to have Saturday night off, heroin night!

It just seems a bit unnessary at 46. Just die like an average white guy, of a heart attack with a mile of un digested steak in your ass.

• Like 1

(lol the PSH way)

It just seems a bit unnessary at 46. Just die like an average white guy, of a heart attack with a mile of un digested steak in your ass.

So true. But the fact is he wasn't an average white guy. An average white guy would understand the ramifications of using heroin when you've got three kids, probably more due to the financial constraints of using heroin when you have an 'average income' and three kids to support. PSH wasn't normal under any means, his income and lifestyle far exceeded what average white guys get up to.

(lol the PSH way)

So true. But the fact is he wasn't an average white guy. An average white guy would understand the ramifications of using heroin when you've got three kids, probably more due to the financial constraints of using heroin when you have an 'average income' and three kids to support. PSH wasn't normal under any means, his income and lifestyle far exceeded what average white guys get up to.
Which is what I said at first, as in we tend to think heroin is more dangerous than being an overweight dad. You could just as easily nod off after 2 meat feasts and burn down the house or just drop dead from to many hooters wing deals. But still I'd rather die for the United States of Pizza Hut knowing I'd done my duty then the indignity of collapse in the bathroom with a needle in my arm. It's not how I'd want my cats to remember me.
  • Like 2

I read in the papers today that the NYC police caught 2 of the dealers who sold heroin to Hoffman.

How many regular everyday people die from overdoses in NYC everyday, but when a famous actor dies, everyone goes crazy to try to pin his death on a dealer. I'm not saying it's good to get dealers off the streets, but did they go up to his apartment and put the needle in his arm?

Whatever happens, Hoffman is still dead from a heroin overdose and I'm sure it's going to happen to other famous people too, but don't the regular people deserve the same treatment?

I read in the papers today that the NYC police caught 2 of the dealers who sold heroin to Hoffman.

How many regular everyday people die from overdoses in NYC everyday, but when a famous actor dies, everyone goes crazy to try to pin his death on a dealer. I'm not saying it's good to get dealers off the streets, but did they go up to his apartment and put the needle in his arm?

Whatever happens, Hoffman is still dead from a heroin overdose and I'm sure it's going to happen to other famous people too, but don't the regular people deserve the same treatment?

well, yes, but it makes sense when you think about it, because the actor's death inherently draws a huge amount of publicity and attention. what police department wants that kind of (negative) focus to be spotlight on them and come up empty-handed? when a regular joe schmoe heroin addict dies, nobody really knows, but this guy's been bringing the tabloid crews around in full force, so if you were the police chief, wouldn't YOU want to make your department look adept?

it's kind of fucked up but it's just common sense how-the-world-goes-round stuff, it's not nice that celebrities get better treatment but it's just how stuff plays out.

With seven days left to film, I do wonder how they're going to do it. Some notable examples - but that alone will be a selling point - how they do it.

apparently he filmed all the important stuff and it's not going to be very difficult for them to work around the death.

they're lucky they decided to film them both at once - imagine if he'd died after the first film without completing a single day on the second. that would be potentially even crazier than the paul walker situation because they'd be forced to recast the character altogether.

Actually, there was apparently a very crucial, important scene that he had yet to film for Mockingjay: Part 2.

I still have yet to see Catching Fire - Might watch it this weekend. At least he got his filming down for Part 1, but sucks they'll have to work him out of the story or digitally re-create him i.e. Young Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy

Tron-Legacy_Clu-Jeff-Bridges_CG.jpg

Today's paper had how the NYPD just busted a house in the Bronx for making heroin.

It's amazing since Hoffman's death all the drug arrests NYC has made in the past week.

Where the hell were they before his death?

I mean regular people are addicted and die everyday and it didn't cause this war on drugs reaction. Did Hoffman leave a letter leading to these guys?

I feel bad he's dead, but I don't think the NYPD or any other police department should do their jobs when a celebrity dies. It seems like this is the case all the time.

Today's paper had how the NYPD just busted a house in the Bronx for making heroin.

It's amazing since Hoffman's death all the drug arrests NYC has made in the past week.

Where the hell were they before his death?

I mean regular people are addicted and die everyday and it didn't cause this war on drugs reaction. Did Hoffman leave a letter leading to these guys?

I feel bad he's dead, but I don't think the NYPD or any other police department should do their jobs when a celebrity dies. It seems like this is the case all the time.

Have you just noticed how the world works or something? :lol: Celebrities get preferential treatment in virtually all conceiveable circumstances. Pretty much always have.

The media's putting the spotlight on the police department, so NYPD is going to be more aggressive than usual. People who work on drug busts can take years trying to take a cartel down. Heroin's an epidemic in cities and suburbs like never before. I never heard anything about Jon Bon Jovi trying to find the dealer who gave his daughter heroin, but he may have resorted to paying thugs to take care of it. He has enough money to make someone disappear.

The US is still classifying drugs by how Nixon set it up, things have to change. Does it take a Senator's kid overdosing to get the point across how bad it's gotten?