April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

9 times out of 10 I see one of her pictures and just think "this could be a cool picture...if it was from a different angle".

I could go in about this and my philosophy on concert photography, but this isn't really the thread for it :tongue2:

for me its, "could have been a cool picture if the subject was properly focused" she does have some cool pics that i like though

... and GNR didn't retweet my photos, I didn't get any notification on my phone, unless they undid the retweet right away? unless you meant GNR as in Ron?

You're Tony, right? Not sure if GN'R retweeted your pictures from this - I haven't seen them in my twitter feed. I think Amir said he saw it? I was just saying I'd seen BBF retweet your pictures before, I think around the UCAP tour and Vegas IIRC.

Keep up the nice work! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 times out of 10 I see one of her pictures and just think "this could be a cool picture...if it was from a different angle".

I could go in about this and my philosophy on concert photography, but this isn't really the thread for it :tongue2:

for me its, "could have been a cool picture if the subject was properly focused" she does have some cool pics that i like though

... and GNR didn't retweet my photos, I didn't get any notification on my phone, unless they undid the retweet right away? unless you meant GNR as in Ron?

I saw Ron retweet your photos.

You do great work and have a real talent for concert photography. Thanks for the photos. :headbang:

Ali

• Like 3

Yeah, it was Ron, didn't notice who the retweet was at first.

No love for Kat's photos at all?!

Some of my faves:

large.06m9sk878ccy.jpg

AthCnQNCEAAyrzL.jpg

600_Axl_Rose.jpg

lyon-axl01.jpg

Like I said, I don't care for MOST of her photos. There's some I think are great, but not a lot.

It's just a few of her colour photos where the post-processing is overdone for me:

axlr_1353343257.jpg

2011-axl-rose-dj-ashba.jpg

Axl's face in this one...

Lmfao Axl looks like a goddamn friendly jack o lantern in that, the sharpness is like deep etches from a butcher's knife.

Like I said, I don't care for MOST of her photos. There's some I think are great, but not a lot.

It's just a few of her colour photos where the post-processing is overdone for me:

2011-axl-rose-dj-ashba.jpg

Axl's face in this one...

Edited by RandallFlagg

You're Tony, right? Not sure if GN'R retweeted your pictures from this - I haven't seen them in my twitter feed. I think Amir said he saw it? I was just saying I'd seen BBF retweet your pictures before, I think around the UCAP tour and Vegas IIRC.

Yes, please do, Tony. Love your work! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

axlr_1353343257.jpg

This picture was shown in the Golden Gods intro for Axl, no? It's airbrushed as fuck, plus the colors are overly saturated. I noticed this while watching the streaming, I didn't know it was a Kat's picture. I'm with P5 and aranrod.

Axl looks thinner on that pic :blink:

Edited by gunnari

This picture was shown in the Golden Gods intro for Axl, no? It's airbrushed as fuck, plus the colors are overly saturated. I noticed this while watching the streaming, I didn't know it was a Kat's picture. I'm with P5 and aranrod.

Yeah, I provided this as an example of one I don't like, but I like the majority of her stuff, esp her B&W shots.

I love this one from this tour:

BlxKyI_CQAE-bAB.jpg

axlr_1353343257.jpg

They used that on an official shirt at the last residency.

Decent photo, but like others have said, Kat isn't that great for the most part.

edit: Axl gasping for air between lines makes him look like a retarded 90 year old who forgot how his mouth works in too many photos.

Edited by RickRoses

axlr_1353343257.jpg

yeah.

axlr_1353343257.jpg

yeah.

It's from 2011 I think. He was thinner.

I first thought if it was photoshopped :lol:

How does it make you feel that Axl couldn't stand Iron Maiden?
That's a random question for this thread :lol: Honestly, I couldn't care less. Maiden isn't everyone's cup of tea, I can appreciate that.
  • Like 1

Tony Trujillo is on board on this forum?? Cool! I'm not a photography-savvy person but I've always felt that I love Tony's work a hell lot more than Kat's. Keep up the great work Tony!

• Like 2