April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I like seing Duff with Axl, the band seems a little less of a joke with him in the band. I think Axl gave his best, there were good moments, and bad moments... but the bad moments are so bad it overshadows the rest.

Yeah complaints complaints complaints.. but could they stop doing Better? That song is simply horrendous, and live it's even worse, drop KOHD too.. it's a cover song, it was cool 25 years ago but to still play it now is unnecessary, espacially since the new version is too long, too slow, too boring and shred guitars as a solo? Jesus...

There are songs Axl can sing with his lower voice, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin Jive.. drop a few songs Axl can't sing anymore with these, those songs are good and he wouldn't butcher them. I don't understand why they don't understand this..

It's So Easy at the beginning was the best part.

• Like 2

The scream on Jungle was hilarious, started good, finished like he was dying.

The seconds of rasp are no reason to call this performance damn good. He was completely out of breath in almost every song. Seriously, how can some of you not HEAR and SEE that? Sure it's been happening for years now, still doesn't make it excusable. Cause it's completely due to his lack of training.

ISE was good.

Does anybody else feel a little umconfortable watching this? It's like Axl is struggling to keep breathing, there's this tension over the band, not knowing what will Axl fuck up next and if he'll get pissed and blame somebody. It's weird.

Duff's face on TIL was priceless, would love a screenshot of that.

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

Jungle was damn good. Better started off shaky, but Axl got really fuckin' powerful towards the end.

I really wish I could go to Vegas.

Jungle was damn good? Are you fucking high?

He is high...No rational human would defend that performance

You've all been NGOG'D again

NGOG'd trolling?

3 new live fuck ups

this i love, ashba's guitar and ashba in general.

Guest Gunns

Bl9qsEzCcAAlGVB.jpg

One has been shitting in his stellar carreer and whoring himself for retirement money.... the other is Nicolas Cage.

is that jarmo in the leather jacket?

The show wasn't that bad. Yeah, he was obviously unprepared for TIL, but other than that there were no major fuck-ups.

Sometimes I swear some fans need to turn every little thing the band does into a mini-drama. Is it Axl at his best? Fuck no. Did Axl give 100% he had? I believe so. Can't ask for more than that.

He sure tried, yeah but it's a bit late when he a) is out of shape vocally, and b) doesn't rehearse...is that really giving 100%?

I think you could ask him to take care of his voice and rehearse the fucking songs with his band, so he doesn't end up looking/sounding like a dumbshit onstage

What I find amusing is, a lot of the "haters" (like myself) don't want Axl to fuck up like this...yes it's funny but the "complaints" (like he should get his voice in shape/rehearse) are often things that would HELP THE GUY.

Guest Gunns

The show wasn't that bad. Yeah, he was obviously unprepared for TIL, but other than that there were no major fuck-ups.

Sometimes I swear some fans need to turn every little thing the band does into a mini-drama. Is it Axl at his best? Fuck no. Did Axl give 100% he had? I believe so. Can't ask for more than that.

He sure tried, yeah but it's a bit late when he a) is out of shape vocally, and b) doesn't rehearse...is that really giving 100%?

I think you could ask him to take care of his voice and rehearse the fucking songs with his band, so he doesn't end up looking/sounding like a dumbshit onstage

What I find amusing is, a lot of the "haters" (like myself) don't want Axl to fuck up like this...yes it's funny but the "complaints" (like he should get his voice in shape/rehearse) are often things that would HELP THE GUY.

He needs to do cardio, rehearse more (and by more I mean from his current non existent rehearsing) and look into getting a teleprompter that kicks him in the fucking ass when he misses a complete verse

Bl9qsEzCcAAlGVB.jpg

One has been shitting in his stellar carreer and whoring himself for retirement money.... the other is Nicolas Cage.

I get that you don't like what Axl's doing anymore, but is this comment necessary ?

Am I lying? trolling? See no reason not to make that comment.

He needs to do cardio, rehearse more (and by more I mean from his current non existent rehearsing) and look into getting a teleprompter that kicks him in the fucking ass when he misses a complete verse

Seriously, he does.

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall...I understand it's important for him to save his voice when possible (rehearsing/soundchecks) but he is not doing himself any favours, especially for a TV performance.

He might have been able to wing it back in his heyday, but those days are gone

Edited by DR DOOM

I get that you don't like what Axl's doing anymore, but is this comment necessary ?

Am I lying? trolling? See no reason not to make that comment.

Absolutely. It's just the truth.

I don't agree with you both, but that's alright. Guess I found that a rude comment and I'd reached my acceptance limit of rude comments today ;) Nevermind.

• Like 1

Last night's performance genuinely makes me feel proud to be a GNR fan. Yes Dj made an honest error introing Sweet Child, and Axl got too into the moment which made him miss a verse on This I Love - but other than that, it was a 10/10 performance.

Guest Gunns

Seriously, he does.

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall...I understand it's important for him to save his voice when possible (rehearsing/soundchecks) but he is not doing himself any favours, especially for a TV performance.

He might have been able to wing it back in his heyday, but those days are gone

And people say the vmas were bad, the vmas were new gnr's freddie mercury tribute compared to this,

he just needs to start giving a fuck, I know the stage was small at this event, but he really had no energy at all in his performance, singing or even caring enough to fucking remember the lyrics. Even bumblefoot had to point him to the fucking teleprompter (and if you notice Frank during Axls missing verse, he scratches his ear out of sheer awkwardness for what is happening)

Guest Gunns

Last night's performance genuinely makes me feel proud to be a GNR fan. Yes Dj made an honest error introing Sweet Child, and Axl got too into the moment which made him miss a verse on This I Love - but other than that, it was a 10/10 performance.

NGOG is serving up some real dough here

28784.gif

• Like 1