April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

No one is denying that old guns was legendary. The disagreement lies in whether a reunion of that lineup would be legendary. I think it would be absolutely pathetic.

It would be a shit ton better than what we have now. How can anyone deny that at this point?

The show was pretty much as good as it possibly could have been considering that Axl's voice is what it is at the moment. It was definitely a good idea to start with It's So Easy. At least people got a good first impression. Even the deaf people can hear that his voice doesn't suck as long as he sings with a normal low voice instead of the high pitch voice.

It's a shame, that the didn't play more of the kind of songs that fit Axl's current voice. Oh well. Dunno how anyone can bash Axl though. It's pretty fucking obvious that he was doing the best he possibly could. You can hear that he was really trying, but the rasp just isn't there. I'm sure that there's no person in the world who wanted Axl to sound good on that show as much as Axl himself.

Hopefully the rasp makes a comeback some day.

Anyway I wonder if that was really it? Isn't there going to be any interviews of Axl or anything?

No one is denying that old guns was legendary. The disagreement lies in whether a reunion of that lineup would be legendary. I think it would be absolutely pathetic.

One can always try atleast..How bad could it be compared to the current lineup? What you got to lose for atleast trying it and see how it goes from there?

Can somebody give me a synopsis of how it went? All I've seen is Cage's intro, which was really fuckin' cool.

The band was great. Axl's voice was like in previous gigs, some parts good, some not so good. Dj ruined the intro the Sweet Child O' Mine and everybody hates him more now.

So everybody is being illogically negative as always?

Except in terms of Dj, that may be justified.

You could feel it even from just watching the video. This was a band performing knowing full well they are not what they are presenting themselves to be. It's time to shut it down, let these insanely talented musicians go free and actually do something with their careers and then when Slash is done with this round of his solo career ask him if he'd like to reunite for one last go. If he's not down with it then fuck it. THIS version of Guns is finished. It's a sad pathetic state of affairs and nobody gives a flying fuck anymore. Even the most diehard Axl supporters must see by now it's reunion or bust. I mean honestly.

One can always try atleast..How bad could it be compared to the current lineup? What you got to lose for atleast trying it and see how it goes from there?

I only care for new music (not old guys trying to recreate their youth or cash in on old achievements), and the way I see it the possibility of new music is much higher with the current lineup than with a reunion lineup. The current lineup was created to advance GN'R, to be a future of GN'R, and although this hasn't worked out like we hoped, yet, giving in now is just weak. I would also lose a lot of respect for Axl if he were to cave-in and reunite despite his grudges. It would mean that he was all about the cash.

• Like 1

You could feel it even from just watching the video. This was a band performing knowing full well they are not what they are presenting themselves to be. It's time to shut it down, let these insanely talented musicians go free and actually do something with their careers and then when Slash is done with this round of his solo career ask him if he'd like to reunite for one last go. If he's not down with it then fuck it. THIS version of Guns is finished. It's a sad pathetic state of affairs and nobody gives a flying fuck anymore. Even the most diehard Axl supporters must see by now it's reunion or bust. I mean honestly.

I've said this millions of times but seems like not many realize this and the current state of things...Those talented musicians are wasting their career and life with this nostalgic touring...It is apparent that no new music is coming..Unless they do it just for the money :shrugs:

I only care for new music (not old guys trying to recreate their youth or cash in on old achievements), and the way I see it the possibility of new music is much higher with the current lineup than with a reunion lineup. The current lineup was created to advance GN'R, to be a future of GN'R, and although this hasn't worked out like we hoped, yet, giving in now is just weak. I would also lose a lot of respect for Axl if he were to cave-in and reunite despite his grudges. It would mean that he was all about the cash.

You know what Soulmonster...reunion is not about the money..It's about something else and doing it for the fans who have supported you through out the years..The fact is GnR would have not existed without the fans!!

Bono-

If it's the final nail in the coffin, same thing maybe it's time to move on for you. All your posts are the same shit, reunion, axl sucks, blabla, current gnr is a joke, blablabla, bono at the oscars, blabla.

I'm ok with the free speech or whatever, but can you just for a once say something nice, or just be realistic. It's over? Well, People at the show seemed to love it, and the show has great reviews. People still seem to care about this line up, and still want to see Axl no matter how good or bad his voice is.

• Like 1

You know what Soulmonster...reunion is not about the money..It's about something else and doing it for the fans who have supported you through out the years..The fact is GnR would have not existed without the fans!!

But reuniting with someone you dislike just to be kind to the fans who are too young to have seen the band in its heyday or haven't got Youtube, doesn't seem right. GN'R in its heyday was characterized by hungry, lean, young brothers-in-arms who were out to set the world of rock right. Let's keep those memories pristine and let sleeping dogs lie.

• Like 1

I've said this millions of times but seems like not many realize this and the current state of things...Those talented musicians are wasting their career and life with this nostalgic touring...It is apparent that no new music is coming..Unless they do it just for the money :shrugs:

Dude I've been saying it for almost a decade this band needs to fire the singer and actually make something of what they are. Way too talented and way too kick ass to be this joke.

Just finished Heaven's Door, I could swear some of you guys are fuckin' nuts, that was a great rendition.

thats what i was saying, but i only saw it once and haven't the rest of the live videos. is it always like that? with Fortus doing what ever that was.

Bono-

If it's the final nail in the coffin, same thing maybe it's time to move on for you. All your posts are the same shit, reunion, axl sucks, blabla, current gnr is a joke, blablabla, bono at the oscars, blabla.

I'm ok with the free speech or whatever, but can you just for a once say something nice, or just be realistic. It's over? Well, People at the show seemed to love it, and the show has great reviews. People still seem to care about this line up, and still want to see Axl no matter how good or bad his voice is.

I want to see Axl too..If he comes to my country with his hired hands I will go see him but ONLY him..I don't care about the other guys..

Bono-

Honestly dude STFU and call a spade a spade. What you're pissed about isn't me saying what I say it's that what I say is flat out fucking truth. deal with it.

• Like 1

I'm just up to the bridge of Better, and what is everyone bitching about? Axl sounds WAY better than in any livestream I've ever seen before, and seeing him and Duff so tight....I don't see Tommy coming back until Duff is well and done. Granted Dj is a buffoon, but this looks like a pretty solid gig so far to me.

Bono-

Honestly dude STFU and call a spade a spade. What you're pissed about isn't me saying what I say it's that what I say is flat out fucking truth. deal with it.

Agreed Bono...Do you remember when Axl said in one of his rants that "Don't let anyone get in your way. Including me."? Well here I am not letting anyone getting in my way with my own opinions like you Bono..RESPECTS!!! Here is the rant..start at 2.45

• Like 1

I guess you see something no one else see's? This lineup has been together 5 years and haven't written jack shit. And BBF been in the band 8 fucking years and has barely contributed jack shit. Most of CD was written by 1999/2000. So, again I ask, how do you see this lineup as having the best chance to put out new music when they never saw the inside of a studio together?

Dude I've been saying it for almost a decade this band needs to fire the singer and actually make something of what they are. Way too talented and way too kick ass to be this joke.

I like u2, i even saw them live a couple of times. But they become a commercial sold out joke.

There's more rock n roll in Axl fingernail than most bands, u2 especially. And it's pretty simple, you go to the show and you have the best frontman alive, singing the fuck out of the songs. Mickey, Rasp, Out of breath, still can give you the thrills and still give you solid performances for 3 hs.

Just finished Heaven's Door, I could swear some of you guys are fuckin' nuts, that was a great rendition.

thats what i was saying, but i only saw it once and haven't the rest of the live videos. is it always like that? with Fortus doing what ever that was.

There are a few retards on here claiming that the band looked resigned to the fact that they aren't GNR. What?? They were demonstrating their creative abilities between every song.

Finished up Paradise City, again, another very enjoyable performance.