April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Can anybody get a better shot of this during PC?

14BEFC91-223D-4B97-AB1E-BCAE23A874F4.png

Looks like a person dressed as Slash

Actually think it was a girl in a cowboy hat. But it's so ironic that at that moment it looked like a Slash hat.

Edited by SweetRose

Any links to catch this now that it's over?

consider yourself warned.

Jesus

I see no passion or chemistry from this performance..It's a shame and sad that only Duff can join with Axl and Izzy sometimes but rarely...Now I seriously think that Axl should retire if it doesn't get any better from this and he just continues to milk the legacy..

Who's that tubby guy in the oversized t-shirt, sunglasses and hat? And what did he do to Axl Rose?

Seriously though, I hate those whiny whimpers and that he sounds out of breath all the time. I don't like pro shots anymore. They reveal how his voice really is.

Edited by AppetiteForGnR

The best part about TIL was Ron petting (SP?) Axl when he stopped singing like if he was saying 'Everything is gonna be OK, you've had worse performances... not to mention that DJ is here' :lol: I thought Axl was really crying.

Yeah, I saw that too. Like "Don't cry, everything's going to be OK". :lol:

It's So Easy was half decent, but as for the rest of it it was sad to see/hear Axl in such poor form.

Besides being out of breath, Axl regularly got lost, DJ had a shocker (sadly not unusual for either of them) and the band was out of sorts trying to cover.

I don't feel sorry for Axl though, if he rehearsed and got his voice in shape he could do a lot better...DJ could try taking some guitar lessons too, if he must be in the band.

• Like 1

really tired of coming on here and seeing some of you guys bash bash bash.....

it wouldnt matter if the his voice was perfect you would still bash!!!!

The people there enjoyed it i enjoyed it ..... i thought it was quite good actually!

really simple if you dont like him or them stop listening...

Axl really seemed to be going for rasp in places, but unfortunately ended up mostly Mickey.

Terrible setlist decision with Better followed by TIL by YCBM. I love all those songs but it's murder for Axl to sing those 3 in a row with no break. When I heard Better, I thought, "Yes, he's a bit breathy, but he's pulling it off for the most part." Then when they went straight into TIL, before Axl even sang the first note I thought, "Uh-oh". Missing a verse was inevitable. YCBM was suicide. Axl still managed some rasp in the breakdown, though, good on him.

As loathe as I am to defend DJ, the SCOM intro sounds like he got handed a guitar that was tuned incorrectly. All his other mistakes are inexcusable, though. Please, please, please fire him. Bring back Finck, Slash, settle for Fortus and Bumble, anything other than having him in the band.

Did Axl wear a Pharrell hat as a nod to comments on the forum?

There were a handful of moments I was happy to see flashes of the old Axl, and I was reminded of why I'm a fan. But the rest was heartbreaking. It shows how low standards have gotten on this forum that people say it wasn't a disaster. This will complete the Axl Rose Disaster Trilogy on YouTube, as much as it pains me :( I'm guessing for the 90min broadcast Better and TIL will be cut, for the best in the case of the latter.

The big KOHD scream was pretty good.

Nicolas Cage was the highlight of my evening. Thank you, Nicolas Cage, One True God.

Any apologists who can't agree with that are getting a visit to the woodshed.

This is fucking garbage, as always ever since Rio 2011.

I really loved one thing of this evening though: Nicolas Cage speech. Man, that was a killer speech. Then Axl came on stage and fuck, why the fuck is he so god damn shy? It's like, he lost all confidence. He looks so weird, even Michael Jackson seemed normal next to him.

He definitely needs to do some kind of work on himself, it's not just about the weight, it's just that he looks like a recluse coming out in the spotlight after 20 years of reclusion. His body language is fucking odd. Let alone the fact he doesn't look like himself, he cannot even pass for a human being.

Check this video out

New music out in the next year lol

Alice Cooper I agree with you 110%..They WILL get back together one point :headbang: Start at 1.26

And I LOVE Bam's comment that Axl and Slash should be friends again..Good to hear this as oldGnR fan :P

Edited by gunnari

really tired of coming on here and seeing some of you guys bash bash bash.....

it wouldnt matter if the his voice was perfect you would still bash!!!!

The people there enjoyed it i enjoyed it ..... i thought it was quite good actually!

really simple if you dont like him or them stop listening...

I wouldn't be bashing if this was 2010. So it's mainly the voice.

Didn't saw it ... don't know if I want to see it ...

But I'm glad that, finally, Richard and Frank have some appreciation from the fans, since they are probably the most consistent members playing live, despite of being the most discret ones.

The band need some changes ... they only need 2 guitar players and 1 keyboard player ... DJ and Pitman, thank you for everything, but your time has come.

Axl .... just, take some rest, please. Do that fckn residency and then stop for 1 year, put your shit together and come back with a new album and in good shape to carry on with live performances.

Just my 2 cents.