April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Check this video out

New music out in the next year lol

Alice Cooper I agree with you 110%..They WILL get back together one point :headbang: Start at 1.26

And I LOVE Bam's comment that Axl and Slash should be friends again..Good to hear this as oldGnR fan :P

Good lord Bam has gotten fat! No more complaining about fat Axl after seeing the state he is in! :o

• Like 1

Check this video out

So Richard basically saying that we hear the last vegas residency: new music., same place everybody etc.

PS: Bam Margera is a stupid junkie, i wish he died in an agonizing death

Edited by Crash Diet

really tired of coming on here and seeing some of you guys bash bash bash.....

it wouldnt matter if the his voice was perfect you would still bash!!!!

The people there enjoyed it i enjoyed it ..... i thought it was quite good actually!

really simple if you dont like him or them stop listening...

fuck you deaf muppet

Bam is somewhat right tho.. Never thought I'd say that.

I've never thought pf that too

You was the biggest Axl cocksucker here in 2011

No I was a giant cupcake from '04 till '11. Because I honestly thought Axl sounded great from '06 till '10, I thought there was still hope. And I loved to piss of Slash fans.

But it all went downhill after that. He became the weakest link in the band.

Call me a cocksucker all you want, I'm right this time.

No I was a giant cupcake from '04 till '11. Because I honestly thought Axl sounded great from '06 till '10, I thought there was still hope. And I loved to piss of Slash fans.

bro, everybody here with a half ear knows that Axl is shit since 2011

really tired of coming on here and seeing some of you guys bash bash bash.....

it wouldnt matter if the his voice was perfect you would still bash!!!!

The people there enjoyed it i enjoyed it ..... i thought it was quite good actually!

really simple if you dont like him or them stop listening...

fuck you deaf muppet

Bam is somewhat right tho.. Never thought I'd say that.

I've never thought pf that too

You was the biggest Axl cocksucker here in 2011

Miss crash diet.. Uneducated people with very low iq's resort to swearing.

Stop it you look dumb.

Check this video out

So Richard basically saying that we hear the last vegas residency: new music., same place everybody etc.

PS: Bam Margera is a stupid junkie, i wish he died in an agonizing death

Are you seriously wishing death on a person you don't even know? You can dislike him all you want but wishing death on him is just disgusting.

bro, everybody here with a half ear knows that Axl is shit since 2011

I know. That's why my posts have changed since I came back, it just sucks seeing my favorite band like this. Especially since it's the only band I'm interested in.

What I saw from the first concert of the current tour, Axl is way out of shape and breathless for most of the songs and from the videos I've seen of this gig (I didn't stay up for it), nothing has changed. Still kudos to him given his current condition to still go into the lion's den knowing he will be shot down by any other performer down there.

Also funning seeing Dee Snider kiss ass with Bumble and DJ/Richard about how Axl is so inspiring when at the HOF for Guns he was basically shitting all over him. I wonder what he makes for hosting the red carpet, more or less than for a twisted sister concert lol?

Guest Gunns

Axls speech was about 5 seconds long,

Axls vocal performance was sub par

It's good Axl got the award, but what a waste of money a ticket to this would've been.

I've been at work but the clips I heard earlier were pretty good. I don't see the need to constantly bash someone because you're unhappy with their performance.

Get a life and move on.

Pretty good?

Fair enough, but I'd hate to hear "pretty bad"

I've been at work but the clips I heard earlier were pretty good. I don't see the need to constantly bash someone because you're unhappy with their performance.

Get a life and move on.

Pretty good?

Again I've only heard small clips. But I am one in the minority who enjoyed Rio '11 and London '12, which were really good.

Get a life and move on.

Pretty good?

Again I've only heard small clips. But I am one in the minority who enjoyed Rio '11 and London '12, which were really good.

I watched the whole show, you may find this is in a whole different ballpark...

Ok so just got home.

Actually, before posting this, I watched a bunch of videos of the songs. Haha seeing yourself on camera is so effing awesome. I don't really know where to start, so, I'll talk about GN'R first, then everything else.

I know this probably going to be hated on; this following statement, but, all I can say is that you had to be there to have gotten the full experience. Cuz AGH MAN it was fucking awesome!!! This performance, my location-to-the-stage-wise, was no different than the last few times I've seen Guns: RIGHT up front. Axl is simply on another planet during his performance. It's literally like his mind is in another dimension and, as Richard said in the black carpet interview, it's like he's exorcising demons through rock n' roll. Either that, or he's just "down in it;" like the whole experience of performing. Very odd and eerie to watch, but so, so awesome.

I guess I can't really say much about the set since you've already seen all of it. I was trying so so hard to make any sort of eye contact with Axl whatsoever, but it was like he was under a trance or something and refused to stray from this ritual going on. Again, I can't express it enough: to be that close and to watch him was surreal.

As soon as it was time for Guns, a GN'R chant started. I basically blew out my entire voice during that chant alone. Oh, that, and an Axl chant.

I REALLY, REALLY think venues need to start doing something about the fucking constant usage of cellphones during performances. I mean, hell, I don't know; maybe I'm getting old (actually fuck that, I'm only 31) but it seemed like EVERYBODY was holding up a cellphone to record. And like, if anyone is reading this that was there and was near me, I'm sorry to you, because I was a fucking NUTCASE during the performance. But at times, I spotted other people right up against the gate with their phones up, recording. Not rocking out, not singing along, just watching the show through the screen. I simply do not get that.

Ok so I'm done talking about GN'R since you all saw the performance. For me, it was maybe one of the most fun times I've ever had watching Guns. DJ messed up the intro to SCOM? I didn't even notice it. Not even just saying that, either. I truly didn't catch it.

Holy shit, SLAYER!! I had no idea they were even supposed to be there! Totally ripped it up and performed awesomely.

Chester Bennington presented the next award. Lol Chester.

That "A Day to Remember" band: I don't really listen to that type of music, but watching them play gave me a sense of respect for them as musicians. Hell, anyone that would get up there and play, really.

The Zakk Wylde thing was pretty cool. The sound for him was horrible from the pit, though. Was "In This River" the song he played? It sorta sounded like it.

Suicide Silence was kinda neat and even a bit touching considering the singer dying last year. That first "YOLO" song they played was pretty exciting. And then, holy shit, Max Cavalera! Hearing them do "Roots" was freaking awesome!!

Pretty Reckless: God, Taylor is so, so hot, dear Lord.

Joan Jett got a much bigger response than I was expecting. Did the stream show how they had to perform "I Hate Myself for Loving You" twice? After they finished it the first time, some dude from the stage was like, "There was a glitch on the tv!! We gotta do it again!" But then the second time, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top came out and sang.

I guess that's it. Oh, someone earlier in the thread asked if there was somebody in the crowd dressed as Slash. There wasn't. The pit was honestly so small and intimate that you sorta got a feel for everyone. Actually, lol literally. During almost all of GNR, there was this hot Asian chick who kept trying to like, "groove" and rub up against me and stuff hahaha. It was pretty cool, but like, shit man, I was there to see my idol.

What else... Dice Clay is the fucking MAN. Ace Frehley was awesome, too.

Sorry if I've got nothing great to report, GN'R-wise. I just had a really, really awesome time at this. Definitely an experience I'll remember for the rest of my life. I mean, Tony Iommi coming out and speaking, Rob Zombie, the new-school Prince of Darkness Marilyn Manson, AGH it was just so amazing!!

Oh yeah, at one point early in the night, I heard Korn had cancelled for some reason. Good, lol. It was funny/sad (actually I feel bad for calling it funny), but there was some younger girl in the pit who, when the discussion had come up that Korn cancelled, this girl was like, DEVASTATED haha. I heard her go, "They were the only reason I'm here....." Poor girl haha.

If anyone ever wants to get a feel for celebrity/stardom type stuff, I'd totally recommend attending this event. In retrospect, I'm really glad I didn't do the whole black carpet thing, because I probably wouldn't have gotten to get the spot I did in the pit.

Ok,so that's it. I love California and Los Angeles so fucking much, holy shit. People here are just so much more laid back and courteous than Boston.

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if the entire stream will be replayed at any point? Or rather, if a torrent exists of it?

• Like 3