April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

- Dice's and Cage's intros were so full of truth and so real and cool!
- Easy and Jungle were faster, killers!
- Axl was in very good shape and at least for me one spectacular moment was Axl and 4tus at Knockin' On Heaven's Door!
- It's a shame there were a few mistakes here and there (TIL and SCOM) but then again.. if mistakes weren't allowed GN'R wouldn't have any fan left after Ritz '88 and, then again (again! lol), live acts are live acts and shit happens!
- So good to see Axl receiving something he deserves after so many years of negative crap. I hope he gets more awards like this in the future because he deserves.
- Cool to see Duff but I miss Tommy, it's a shame he wasn't there!

Whilst I think calling Beta a parasite is very harsh and crude, she obviously means a lot to Axl and is well aware her life is hugely improved by her bond with him and Axl is clearly consciously aware, she means a lot to him, it is annoying that she is literally around him more than anyone in the band and that Jarmo or whatever he is called, they are not part of the band and even Pitman is more integral. I get that she's a sister/mother relation to him and I support that but if he spent more time with Bumble, Fortus, Frank, Ashba, Stinson... he could come up with some fucking music. I'm sure he sees Beta enough whilst not on tour ffs. This is supposed to be a progressing BAND the last five years.

Last night's performance genuinely makes me feel proud to be a GNR fan. Yes Dj made an honest error introing Sweet Child, and Axl got too into the moment which made him miss a verse on This I Love - but other than that, it was a 10/10 performance.

jordan-laugh-o.gif

• Like 1

Last night's performance genuinely makes me feel proud to be a GNR fan. Yes Dj made an honest error introing Sweet Child, and Axl got too into the moment which made him miss a verse on This I Love - but other than that, it was a 10/10 performance.

I know you're not serious (I guess), but the only song that was good from start to finish was ISE. It's not hating, it's not even an opinion, that's just an observation. Saying otherwise is simply to be delusional.

Edited by Kapitch_77

Guest Gunns

-you guys werent there, how can you judge from a shitty youtube video

- the altitude, axl sounds shit in bad altitude

- axl just had an off night

-axl sounds better than ever

- you are all negative for the sake of it, axl gave it 100%

this has been the past tour legs

where was any of these excuses in 2006-2010?

Mixed show for me.

It's So Easy was good, as always.

Welcome to the Jungle was meh, that's usually good every show, but there was a lot of Mickey voice. It was decent in parts, decent overall.

Better was awesome I thought, and just shows Axl can still use that signature voice. Really enjoyed Better.

This I Love, wasn't good at all. Very disappointing.

You Could Be Mine.....probably my favourite GNR song....I miss the 2010 version and i've really disliked how Axl sings it lately, but I thought last night was on of the better ones. Better than the majority of 2012/13/14 ones. It's weird because I noticed last night and during the La Paz gig, he starts off very strong, and shows he can still do it in the voice we all love, but then he just gives up. It's not even like he can't do it, it's like he's not even trying. Weird. But yeah, as it goes, the song overall was decent, even though there wasn't that much rasp. He didn't sound too weak, pulled it off.

Sweet Child, same goes for that. I've disliked it without rasp, but last night was decent as far as the modern day SCOM goes. Terrible intro mind. But Axl sounded okay. Quite strong with the screams in the last part of it.

Knockin on heavens door was decent. November Rain was alright.

Paradise City was okay, some good parts some not so good.

Edited by OJones90

Finished up watching the video.

Not sure why the long sound check was needed after Nic and Axl's speech, it sort of killed the momentum, it would have been better if they had gone straight into the set.

I'm not going to critique the voice too much as that video was really shitty quality but clearly ISE, SCOM and parts of Better and YCBM were not bad. Jungle and TIL not so much so. I haven't seen past NR which was okish as far as I can work out.

DJ - nuff said already. Please let Fortus take over.

I feel like I know Frank better than I ever did before, was his Mum operating the camera?

Duff looked cool as always, would have appreciated seeing more of him on screen ( Frank's Mum take note).

Axl seemed nervous, the crowd seemed crazy enthusiastic though.

The biggest let down/mistake imo ( discounting DJ obviously) was the set list, they should have gone for an easier more paced set to give Axl a chance to truly shine, even if it meant four songs and a cover rather than eight.

I think Tommy might have skipped this on purpose.

I was happy to see him represent Democracy, it was more or less vocally as I expected with his current form. The order could've been managed better to help his breathing though. Fortus got a real chance to shine, he's got the tools too, let him loose in the studio! Axl was giving it his all but something's wrong with the power, he's either burnt it out permanently cause it kills his throat or some technique he could do with sorting out, he doesn't practice with the band so why would he consider vocal coaching, especially if he's one of the greatest singers of all time. He could use it though. Appreciate the enthusiasm to play a long set, Ashba wasn't brilliant but that's nothing new. Nice to see duff rocking out, prefer him to Stinson but that's only natural in a band that has little chance to make a mark for themselves.

Guest Gunns

441498580_700.jpg

can someone edit that brasil fan holding the sign saying

"no one is better than the old one" for the ashba part?

Are those necklaces in fashion Cage is wearing?

Axl should've lost Pharrel's hat and just kept the bandanna

NGOG is serving up some real dough here

28784.gif

10/10?? Man, someone give me what he is on....

Sorry dude it was not a 10/10 - You honestly cannot think that. Not wanting to argue, understandable if you enjoyed it, but in the real world it wasn't a 10/10.

Guest Gunns

NGOG is serving up some real dough here

28784.gif

10/10?? Man, someone give me what he is on....

It must be some good crack, but not the drug kind :P

Edited by Gunns