April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

No one is denying that old guns was legendary. The disagreement lies in whether a reunion of that lineup would be legendary. I think it would be absolutely pathetic.

One can always try atleast..How bad could it be compared to the current lineup? What you got to lose for atleast trying it and see how it goes from there?

I only care for new music (not old guys trying to recreate their youth or cash in on old achievements), and the way I see it the possibility of new music is much higher with the current lineup than with a reunion lineup. The current lineup was created to advance GN'R, to be a future of GN'R, and although this hasn't worked out like we hoped, yet, giving in now is just weak. I would also lose a lot of respect for Axl if he were to cave-in and reunite despite his grudges. It would mean that he was all about the cash.

I guess you see something no one else see's? This lineup has been together 5 years and haven't written jack shit. And BBF been in the band 8 fucking years and has barely contributed jack shit. Most of CD was written by 1999/2000. So, again I ask, how do you see this lineup as having the best chance to put out new music when they never saw the inside of a studio together?

If you think BBF hasn't contributed shit then yes, I do see things you don't ;) [Hint: He was all over CD.]

The current lineup is just a small deviation from the last lineup which did release a record. While it might be argued that the changes to the lineup might have lowered the probabilities of a new record, that probability is still much, much higher than the probability of any reunion lineup (UYI or AFD or any combination) releasing an album. After all, Axl doesn't actively dislike anyone in the current lineup (not to the extent he dislikes Slash, at least) and they already have songs in various stages of completion. So it really is a no-brainer.

agree to disagree then, cause their track record tells me otherwise

This show honestly wasn't as bad as some people are/were making it out to be. Yeah, there was a few screw-ups (mainly TIL, but I believe Axl did that on purpose because he knew he had to catch his breath), but overall, you could tell Axl was having a good time and actually trying to give what he had into his performance. The breakdown in Better was great and you could tell he was giving his all. Hell, even You Could Be Mine sounded better than it has in recent times. The "breakin' down my back" bit and the ending sounded pretty good as far as I'm concerned and those are the hardest parts to sing in the song. Also, Gn'R definitely got the most and best crowd reaction (which was pretty good considering the crowd there) throughout the show. All in all, not an awful show. Sure, everyone would have loved if Axl came out and killed in like in 2010, but that's not going to happen again. It could have been a lot worse (i.e. Rio '11 and Bridge School), but it definitely isn't "disaster" worthy.

• Like 3

That performance was not bad at all. Yes he had a couple of bad moments, but overall he was pretty damn good. Man some of you are SO hard on him. What did you think the first time you watched the tokyo 92' video? (Besides DJ being out of tune during the intro) Axl's vocal performance was better on this SCOM than Tokyo 92'. Some of you just want to hate just to hate.

• Like 1

Axl was nervous as hell from the start...when giving the acceptance speach he was thanking Caram Constanzo? CD engineer? was he thinking this was a CD award??

He is not good on awards that way remember 2006 presenting the shitty Killers...

Then in ISE fuckin hidding behind DUFF...he was nevrous as hell, I dont get it how can he be nervous at this point?

Axl was nervous as hell from the start...when giving the acceptance speach he was thanking Caram Constanzo? CD engineer? was he thinking this was a CD award??

He is not good on awards that way remember 2006 presenting the shitty Killers...

Then in ISE fuckin hidding behind DUFF...he was nevrous as hell, I dont get it how can he be nervous at this point?

Because he comes on the forums and hear's his supposed "fans" ripping him a part on a daily basis. I am beginning to think that Guns n' Roses fans are part of the problem. Axl really hasn't sounded great live since the 80's. He has moments of pretty damn great, but not amazing start to finish since the 80's. He still sounds great in the studio, and I think live he IS STILL better than 90% of the singers out there. But imagine if your own fans tell you you suck, how that would kill your confidence. Besides he is a human being, he isn't allowed to be nervous or have butterflies? He is human folks...

Yes he had a couple of bad moments, but overall he was pretty damn good. Man some of you are SO hard on him.

Thank you.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Is Nicolas Cage doing anything these days? Can't Axl hire him for each show to be the "FROM HOLLYWOOOOOOOOD.... GUNS... N'... ROSES!" guy? Cage was fucking amazing last night, a career-best performance.

This show honestly wasn't as bad as some people are/were making it out to be.

How hard do you have to convince yourself of being right?

I'm guessing your posts on every other page claiming that "GUYS IT REALLY WASN'T THAT BAD" helps your mental gymnastics.

Show sucked dude - Axl needs to leave the memories alone.

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

He just needs a break. Take a few years off, work on the record, get healthier, pursue his other interests, work on his voice, etc. Come back in 2-4 years with a record with maybe just a few one off shows in that period. They have just been touring WAY too much since 2009. I really think he can get back to acceptable levels but it will require work

• Like 1

There is a distinct problem with his voice, that isn't hating or exaggerating, he has a line of power then weak falsetto, there's clearly some issue, he isn't doing it on purpose or being lazy. Not rehearsing is lazy, not making music is lazy when you've kept a classic band alive and replaced everyone, his fitness is his own business but obviously his cardio would probably improve like it did in 06 and 2010. If he'd drop us a line saying 'yeah i've fucked my voice up a bit' or 'working on technique to save my chords' it'd save a lot of regurgitated threads but we have little else to discuss since there's no progression.

He just needs a break. Take a few years off, work on the record, get healthier, pursue his other interests, work on his voice, etc. Come back in 2-4 years with a record with maybe just a few one off shows in that period. They have just been touring WAY too much since 2009. I really think he can get back to acceptable levels but it will require work

What? Come back in 2-3 years? Dude is already over 50....