GN'R starting rehearsals

There are lots of forums I don't like. I don't visit them.

I love this forum I just don't like bitter ex-fans that come here day after day after day just to spread negativity.

I'm really not a Beiber fan, do you think I cupcake his fan forums daily?

Isn't the devil's advocate position that you could always find another forum more suited to your beliefs?

Perhaps there is another GNR forum out there that caters to the fans of the current line-up with no time for dissension from fans of the old line-up.

Let me think, let me think, let me think.....well, I can't think of one right now, but one has to be out here, right?

I love this forum I just don't like bitter ex-fans that come here day after day after day just to spread negativity.

It's not our fault our favorite singer hired a shit guitarist. :lol:

You're just all jealous of Dj ...admit it!!! :headbang:

Isn't the devil's advocate position that you could always find another forum more suited to your beliefs?

Perhaps there is another GNR forum out there that caters to the fans of the current line-up with no time for dissension from fans of the old line-up.

Let me think, let me think, let me think.....well, I can't think of one right now, but one has to be out here, right?

You might have missed my above post, I love this forum, I don't like many other GNR forums. I will not let the cupcakes run me out of town.

Also I don't think the administration team appreciates people being told to post on another forum.

I'm really not a Beiber fan, do you think I troll his fan forums daily?

You're just all jealous of Dj ...admit it!!! :headbang:

I'm really not a Beiber fan, do you think I troll his fan forums daily?

You might have missed my above post, I love this forum, I don't like many other GNR forums. I will not let the trolls run me out of town.

Also I don't think the administration team appreciates people being told to post on another forum.

I believe he blatantly making your point for you since you were beating around the bush and trying to be subtle.

DJ has a way bigger fan base and reach than what people here like to believe.

So does Bieber. What's your point?

Point that people have been bashing DJ for the last few pages and I think it's unjust. Sad really...

Mike: I agree, not selling BBF short. He is an asset to GNR.

...it seems like a few people on here only stir up shit and complain about every single thing this band does and want them to fight with eachother and fall apart...in which case why are you here...

It isn't your place, or anyone else's for that matter, to tell other users they shouldn't be here because they have a different opinion from yours.

Russ it's not about opinions anymore. It's ridiculous the type of crap you guys let happen.

And I am the one that gets warnings :lol:

I like Russ and all but it's no secret that he doesn't like DJ (which is fine as everyone should have an opinion - but it does create a bias).

Edited by Coma16

Point that people have been bashing DJ for the last few pages and I think it's unjust. Sad really...

...it seems like a few people on here only stir up shit and complain about every single thing this band does and want them to fight with eachother and fall apart...in which case why are you here...

It isn't your place, or anyone else's for that matter, to tell other users they shouldn't be here because they have a different opinion from yours.

Russ it's not about opinions anymore. It's ridiculous the type of crap you guys let happen.

I like Russ and all but it's no secret that he doesn't like DJ (which is fine as everyone should have an opinion - but it does create a bias).

I've mentioned that before. As a mod he has to be a professional and neutral and most importantly not show any biasness.

I think I got a warning for that :lol:

I like Russ and all but it's no secret that he doesn't like DJ.

Meaning what? That I allow insulting of DJ and not other members? I guess I see that as where the line is blurry between opinions and insulting for no reason. Judgement calls are part of the moderator job. When someone posts something like "$la$h" or "lolribfest" or whatever, to me, that's obvious trolling and insulting. When someone posts something about DJ playing a solo wrong or not liking his prior work, it comes off as more of an opinion from what I can tell. To use Slash for an example again; I've posted many times about things I don't like about Slash's output since he's left GN'R in the Slash section. No one seems to get all worked up or call me a troll over it because I post the how's & why's of what I think which encourages discussion as opposed to just insulting him for no reason.

• Like 1

I suppose his makeup is better than mine. That's all I got. :lol:

It proves just how misguided you guys are that you'd go after Russ. We're talking about a mod who is crazy enough to say that the Nu show he saw was better the the classic lineup show. Step back from the ledge, guys. You've lost all perspective.

It proves just how misguided you guys are that you'd go after Russ. We're talking about a mod who is crazy enough to say that the Nu show he saw was better the the classic lineup show. Step back from the ledge, guys. You've lost all perspective.

Did you come up with that word yourself :P

I didn't mean to "go after Russ". Just pointed out that trolling of DJ has been going on for pages and that for some reason it's tolerated. Who cares if there's a bottle of JD in background ffs...

I didn't mean to "go after Russ". Just pointed out that trolling of DJ has been going on for pages and that for some reason it's tolerated. Who cares if there's a bottle of JD in background ffs...

If you can't have a sense of humor about DJ, maybe the internet isn't for you.

I don't care for your "agenda" (lol)

See, Coma? You have it within you to be an easy going guy. You don't have to get all worried about some DJ jokes. There's no need for this little campaign you guys are running against the forum. I'll let you pretend you don't know what I'm talking about if you want. :lol:

We ain't going after Russ at all, he's an awesome dude.

It's just a major problem that has to be sorted out.

See, Coma? You have it within you to be an easy going guy. You don't have to get all worried about some DJ jokes. There's no need for this little campaign you guys are running against the forum. I'll let you pretend you don't know what I'm talking about if you want. :lol:

I have a sense of humour and can take a joke but it gets tasteless after a while.

In regards to your comment about forum wars, I don't agree with the accusation (frankly, I'm a little insulted). Just because I post on multiple boards doesn't mean I'm trying to bring down this one.

Edit: To be completely transparant, I tried to drive some traffic to Atlas Shrugged (smaller forum that is geared to Axl nutters as you would say) but that thread, in Aint It Fun, was mysteriously deleted with no explanation to me. I don't care either way but it would have been nice to get a nagging PM from whoever deleted it.

Edited by Coma16

What exactly is it that you think needs to be sorted out? Be specific, please. Not just "bitter ex fan" stuff.

What exactly is it that you think needs to be sorted out? Be specific, please. Not just "bitter ex fan" stuff.

You do have a tendency to get a bit Conspiracy Brother when it comes to people who like DJ ;) I mean, I'm not a fan of the guy either, but I know posters like alangarciagnr and JeffK aren't cupcakes or alt accounts, they just like DJ, wish I could, means I'd love this band for more than just Axl.

• Like 1

Edit: To be completely transparant, I tried to drive some traffic to Atlas Shrugged (smaller forum that is geared to Axl nutters as you would say) but that thread, in Aint It Fun, was mysteriously deleted with no explanation to me. I don't care either way but it would have been nice to get a nagging PM from whoever deleted it.

VERY interesting. I would like an explanation.

I sense little insecurities.....

It's simple, people that are not happy with Axl and GNR should be posting let alone insult actual fans of the band.

Edited by volcano62

You do have a tendency to get a bit Conspiracy Brother when it comes to people who like DJ ;) I mean, I'm not a fan of the guy either, but I know posters like alangarciagnr and JeffK aren't cupcakes or alt accounts, they just like DJ, wish I could, means I'd love this band for more than just Axl.

What the fuck are you talking about, Amir? Conspiracy about DJ? No. It's not my fault you've been fooled. There have been lots of alts around trying to create problems. It's not rocket surgery.

@volcano: Are you seriously saying that people unhappy with the current band shouldn't be posting? You couldn't possibly be saying that.

What the fuck are you talking about, Amir? Conspiracy about DJ? No. It's not my fault you've been fooled. There have been lots of alts around trying to create problems. It's not rocket surgery.

@volcano: Are you seriously saying that people unhappy with the current band shouldn't be posting? You couldn't possibly be saying that.

Let's just say I was not happy with the band members Axl chose, I didn't like the new album (lol new album) I don't think i'd spend as much time on this forum.

I know there's a lot of alt accounts that have been stirring up shit, but when you come out and attack people like alangarciagnr and JeffK without any evidence that they're alts other than having double-digit posts, it's harsh. Some of these guys just like DJ. Yeah, we have people like Shackler's Democracy and whoever the fuck else Maribeth is pretending to be this week, but some people just genuinely like DJ.

• Like 1

I know there's a lot of alt accounts that have been stirring up shit, but when you come out and attack people like alangarciagnr and JeffK without any evidence that they're alts other than having double-digit posts, it's harsh. Some of these guys just like DJ. Yeah, we have people like Shackler's Democracy and whoever the fuck else Maribeth is pretending to be this week, but some people just genuinely like DJ.
FFS.

I have no problem with people liking DJ. I actually find it funny and entertaining. If you go back, you'll find that the only people I "attack" are those who try to tell others that they aren't fans or that they shouldn't be allowed to post on the forum. I can't believe I have to explain this. I need to teach a forum reading comprehension class.

Edited by magisme

That'll be a banned for you. Hope you enjoyed your 34 posts.

When idiots from other forums come her to try to spread shit, it really makes me feel like they must be unhappy in their lives. :)

It's for comments like this. Yeah, I don't agree with alangarciagnr on this matter and side more with niceguy, but it's presumptuous to jump to conclusions that people come from other forums, etc. I know it happens, and I can't blame you for being paranoid about it, but at the end of the day, some people just post here, only infrequently.

Whatever, less forum drama and more new music is what we need. Then we can spend our days lamenting how Axl wiped Finck's SRV-style solo for a sloppy generic DJ one :lol: