GN'R starting rehearsals

So... Did any members post any vids from rehersal?

Can anyone from the Media Crew ask their sources what songs are being rehearsed?

As Nightrain members we should have access to this footage.

Tbf, if they're playing new songs, I'd rather not see rehearsal footage and just be surprised when they first play them. Douche move by DJ (no surprise there) to start playing Estranged in that vid Bumble was making just before Rio '11 and Ron started going "LALALALALALA". DJ doesn't even play the main guitar part live! Sigh.

Can anyone from the Media Crew ask their sources what songs are being rehearsed?

Tbf, if they're playing new songs, I'd rather not see rehearsal footage and just be surprised when they first play them. Douche move by DJ (no surprise there) to start playing Estranged in that vid Bumble was making just before Rio '11 and Ron started going "LALALALALALA". DJ doesn't even play the main guitar part live! Sigh.

Good point. But if they're playing songs like Perfect Crime, Locomotive, OMG, or any other old songs it would be cool to know.

I think Ashba is the sort of guy who would strategically place a beer can on his amp, just to look 'cool'.

He has some vids out where it's supposed to be like a webchat, where he's at his home just doing his thing and OOPS, there's a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, just perfectly placed. Like DJ is just sitting around wasted on Jack all day, writing hits like Mr Brownstone.

God what a fucking poser. He tries SO hard.

i don't like most of your posts, but this one is spot one. DJ is a tryhard -_-

Edited by bumblecool

I remember that and was disappointed when I heard it at Rio because I expected it...if that makes any sense.

I remember that and was disappointed when I heard it at Rio because I expected it...if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I just don't see what DJ was trying to do there. Steal Bumble's thunder? Maybe I'm being harsh and he just wanted to tease or excite the fans, I dunno. Estranged was the saving grace of RIR '11.

What video we talking about? How.could I have missed this pre rio?

A livestream video from the rehearsals, maybe you can find it on youtube.

That actually happened?

Are you guys new?

Well 2011 was a hard year to motivate myself to follow every gnr footstep.

Couldn't agree more with this.

• Like 1

Yeah would be a drag to see Bumble leave, but DJ? I would celebrate naked in the streets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's nothing wrong with people hating (or joking) on DJ. He's *ASKING* for that with all of his poser pics/quotes/stage moves/looks/playing/living/Swag/Badass stories/ball licking/whatever. When DJ was born, God looked at him and said "This man will be the living example of what poser and "cheesy" means, and what musicians should not do or pursuit". I mean, DJ? Even his nickname is laughable because he tries to get attention because lots of people thought he is a DJ, lol.

Sorry, I know Coma and volcano like him but he represents *EVERYTHING* I hate about music. Once Del called Ron the Walking iPod. DJ would be the Walking Cheese.

• Like 1

It's not so much that I like him but rather that I don't dislike him because he wears makeup and is successful.

Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that no one has left the band since he's come on board. He knows what he's doing.

I dont dislike him because he's successful or wears makeup. I dislike him because he sounds like an amateur YouTube guitarist trying to cover Slash (while taking shortcuts) and trying to impress the crowd with the lameass pick tapping and extremely simple and pointless shredding he does all the time. Oh, and he gets to play the easy parts and still complained about that. I dislike him because he missed bends all the time. I dislike him because he's a flawless guitarist in the sense that HE WILL fuck up the TIL and Sorry solos at some point, lol. You know he will not disappoint you when you expect him to fuck up. I dislike him because he plays out of tune here and there, I dislike him because of his extremely generic phrasing, note choices and doesnt leave his comfort zone, he'll always play or write that half-decent generic solo that people with low expectations will buy anyway. I dislike him because, on live shows, he acts like thousants did before him 30, 40, 50 years ago trying to look and sound "rock n' roll". I dislike him because he's not a guitarist or musician, he's an enterpreneur playing guitar. I could go on, but I made my point :)

• Like 2

DJ. Well, he's like a teenager who cobbled together everything his little mind thinks is "rock and roll," but it comes off as a horrendously disingenuous pose.

Cigarette while playing? Check. Les Paul? Check? Standard rock pose (which Slash was doing in GNR back in 88)? Check. Top hat? You better believe it.

Then he throws on all sorts of other nonsense from every other fucking genre of rock: eyeliner, lipstick, Jack Daniels bottles, tattered clothing, edgy saying with curse words on his t-shirts.

And then look at some of the world's biggest current rock musicians, and you'll see that none of them appear to be trying so hard, yet they just look so cool. Muse comes to mind.

• Like 1

DJ. Well, he's like a teenager who cobbled together everything his little mind thinks is "rock and roll," but it comes off as a horrendously disingenuous pose.

Cigarette while playing? Check. Les Paul? Check? Standard rock pose (which Slash was doing in GNR back in 88)? Check. Top hat? You better believe it.

Then he throws on all sorts of other nonsense from every other fucking genre of rock: eyeliner, lipstick, Jack Daniels bottles, tattered clothing, edgy saying with curse words on his t-shirts.

And then look at some of the world's biggest current rock musicians, and you'll see that none of them appear to be trying so hard, yet they just look so cool. Muse comes to mind.

I seem his as more of a focus-group-generated guitarist. "What's in right now?" "Tweets of Marilyn Monroe quotes." "We can do that!"

"What hairstyle should I have?" "The Skrillex thing is in right now." "Done!"

I'm not a guitarist and even I notice half the stuff Bruno P. points out when I'm at shows. I tried for the longest time to give him a pass but after 2 years of shows it was clear he can't play most of the material. My enthusiasm would increase dramatically if Finck came back. I'd be over the roof if Slash did. I'd be happy with someone like Johnny 5 in the mix, similar look to DJ but the guy can really play.

• Like 2

I dont dislike him because he's successful or wears makeup. I dislike him because he sounds like an amateur YouTube guitarist trying to cover Slash (while taking shortcuts) and trying to impress the crowd with the lameass pick tapping and extremely simple and pointless shredding he does all the time. Oh, and he gets to play the easy parts and still complained about that. I dislike him because he missed bends all the time. I dislike him because he's a flawless guitarist in the sense that HE WILL fuck up the TIL and Sorry solos at some point, lol. You know he will not disappoint you when you expect him to fuck up. I dislike him because he plays out of tune here and there, I dislike him because of his extremely generic phrasing, note choices and doesnt leave his comfort zone, he'll always play or write that half-decent generic solo that people with low expectations will buy anyway. I dislike him because, on live shows, he acts like thousants did before him 30, 40, 50 years ago trying to look and sound "rock n' roll". I dislike him because he's not a guitarist or musician, he's an enterpreneur playing guitar. I could go on, but I made my point :)

I agree, DJ Ashba is a mediocre musician and a poser. Nevertheless, the main problem is the guy who hired him. Critic should really focus on Axl for hiring Ashba. This should be our main concern as fans.